Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laramie Enduro

contains quinine

Laramie Enduro

Anyone else get in?

Looks like it's time to get riding...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    crap! I got a message from them about the last day to get into the lottery the other week, and it totally slipped my mind! Thanks for reminding me I dropped the ball!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Anyone else get in?

Looks like it's time to get riding...
    There were three of my normal riding crew that entered, 1 got in and the two of us that were finishers last year did not. I wish they would give a little extra boost to past finishers instead of not weighting at all, but that is just my $.02.

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    There were three of my normal riding crew that entered, 1 got in and the two of us that were finishers last year did not. I wish they would give a little extra boost to past finishers instead of not weighting at all, but that is just my $.02.
    I have a buddy who didn't get in as well - and he's podiumed in the ss class. That said, I've done it a bunch, just not the last couple years.

Did you get any notification of your approximate place in line?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    I haven't heard anything. I assume that means I'm not in? Bummer!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    I have a buddy who didn't get in as well - and he's podiumed in the ss class. That said, I've done it a bunch, just not the last couple years.

Did you get any notification of your approximate place in line?
    Yeah the other finisher from last year was a fast finisher too (6:40 ish I believe), me um....not quite as fast.

I didn't get any notice from them at all, but since I didn't get a "You're In" email I believe it is safe to assume that I'm on the outside looking in. They may still be figuring out how to craft the waiting list from the leftovers, don't know.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Received my "you're in" notice this morning. I am stoked! Three years registering, first year picked.

For those that did not get in, my regrets are with you. I know how it is to be on the outside looking in.

Any words of wisdom or sage advice specific to Laramie from all those that have completed the ride before?
    "Biking lets you come alive both in body and spirit- the bike disappears and you feel as if you're suspended in midair"GKlein

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    I did not get in either so I guess I am 1 of the 181 on the waiting list.

If it is any consolation, I read somewhere that they have never had anyone left on the waiting list by the time of the race. In fact, last year, my buddy got a same-day entry after failing to get his payment in by the required date.

slow
    I have heard from 2 friends that got their "you are in" e-mails at 8:00am this morning, and two others who registered for the lottery, along with myself, who have heard nothing. I guess this means I can spend the summer on the couch.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I'm in, and I'll raise you a Gowdy Grinder: http://www.prerace.com/races/event/2...-Gowdy-Grinder

Tribe Member
    I did not get an email either. Guess i will take my bike and beer and go for a ride anyway. None of my buddies got in either.

Has anyone seen a link to the waiting list yet?
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

slow
    Looks like they have spots reserved for previous year's volunteers. Maybe if we did not make it in this year, volunteering for this year's race might increase our odds of getting into future races?

From their site:
    "The Enduro maximum size limit is 500 riders, per our USFS permit. 350 successful applicants will be selected by random lottery. The remaining lottery applicants will be placed on the Waiting List in the order in which their names were selected in the original lottery. The next 150 people invited to race will be selected by the Laramie Enduro Board and will include previous race volunteers and sponsor-guaranteed riders."

holding back the darkness
    I'm in. Which is nice. I'm not complaining. But.....

My $.02.... they should have left it a pure lottery. Preference for race volunteers is nice I suppose, but the "sponsor-guaranteed riders"? What a joke. The system of favorites has been a gripe in other races, most notably the Leadville 100. Especially the $1200 Carmichael Training Systems Buy-in.... which is really the same thing as this: If you're a "premium" rider and have the $$ you can race. Otherwise, get in line with the rest of the suckas and we'll throw you some scraps.
    Maybe make 20hrs of trail maintenance in the last 12 months a prerequisite to race? A fair way to discriminate with collateral benefits to the community.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

good luck

I will be drinking and eating at a family reunion that weekend. I migfht have tried to get in, but my inclination is to move on from the Enduro as its too much of a hassle to get in. I did it a few times in the past.

mtbr member
    I got my "you're in" email today so maybe there is still hope for those that are still on the waiting list. This will be my first time racing Laramie. Looking forward to it.

slow
    They now have the waiting list up and you can sort it by waiting list order to see your chances of getting in. I am near the bottom of the waiting list, so my training will be done on the deck this summer

Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak
    They now have the waiting list up and you can sort it by waiting list order to see your chances of getting in. I am near the bottom of the waiting list, so my training will be done on the deck this summer
    Gee, thanks for pointing out the sort. Now I know I am 5 pages in.

Got room on that deck? Maybe we can alternate hangout spots; I have a patio and a kegerator

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn hack

Got room on that deck? Maybe we can alternate hangout spots; I have a patio and a kegerator
    Make some room, I am over 100 people down the list too....

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn hack

Make some room, I am over 100 people down the list too....
    Pull up a chair, guys!

(Hey mtn hack, how about showing up at NBB short track tomorrow to give cytoe some competition, since I gave him none last week)

Pull up a chair, guys!

(Hey mtn hack, how about showing up at NBB short track tomorrow to give cytoe some competition, since I gave him none last week)
    I would like to, but I have been sick and still have the horrible hack, so I am supposed to stay aerobic. Although the track is flat, I think it would be defeating the purpose to try and keep the heart rate that low.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    (Hey Sandbagger1, how about showing up at NBB short track tomorrow to give Sandbagger2 some competition, since I gave him none last week)
    Well at least you two have just officially started racing as opposed to showing up for rides and talking about how you haven't been riding, then proceed to stomp the climb out and drop everyone....

slow
    Well at least you two have just officially started racing as opposed to showing up for rides and talking about how you haven't been riding, then proceed to stomp the climb out and drop everyone....
    Racing is an awfully generous description of that ride I had last week at short track.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgltrak
    (Hey Sandbagger1, how about showing up at NBB short track tomorrow to give Sandbagger2 some competition, since I gave him none last week)

Hey now, I actually resemble a sandbag these days, so I take offense to that representation.

Hard to argue your point about Sandbagger2. Although he seems to take exception to that title as this is "only (his) second race ever".

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Thank for the heads up. I'm 56th, which isn't terrible I guess. Doing 100k Desert Rats Classic this Saturday SS rigid, so the Enduro is the least of my concerns right now!

Dude...
    How do you know for sure what sort order is higher on the wait list? I mean, I think sorting it ascending, hence being at .44 is better than .99, but how do I know? Am I overthinking this?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    Its amazing how easy somebody can make 10.000 posts making such stupid comments.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast