Thread: Laramie Enduro

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Laramie Enduro

Anyone else out there do the ride. I thought it was great. Fun singletrack and awesome support. Looking forward to doing the race again in the future!!!! Any thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lady
    Anyone else out there do the ride. I thought it was great. Fun singletrack and awesome support. Looking forward to doing the race again in the future!!!! Any thoughts??
    There were more than a few of us FRangers up there.

This was my fifth year in a row at the event and every year I've had a great time. Good people, excellent venue with a wonderful course, well supported and a great bbq at the end. But damn the competition has heated up the last couple of years.

Glad you had fun. It is one of my favorite events.

As a bonus we rode Curt Gowdy on the way home Sunday

Ed

friend of Apex
    Didn't do the Enduro
    BUT
    Got to go up there about a month ago and hit (most) of the course...
    Yeah, incredible singletrack.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

"Oldfart from Wayback"

I tried to read the results

But they're in a 'xls' file that I tried to download but I don't have anything to open it.

What's so hard to post it in HLML so everyone could read it?

mtbr member
    I had a good time for my 2nd Enduro. Competition was a lot stiffer this year compared to last. There seemed to be a lot of injuries. I heard at least 5+ collarbones, a concussion, broken neck. People need to heed the caution signs....

...and they didn't run out of beer too early this year...

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by onbelaydave
    But they're in a 'xls' file that I tried to download but I don't have anything to open it.

I will put an HTML copy up on the website (www.actionphotographic.com) too. We finished uploading the pictures last night. Yeah, that is an awesome event, Rich and crew are great people to work with, and I'm looking forward to shooting the new ST8 race too.

Give me a few on the results conversion, I'll add it to that event's page.

Regards,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

contains quinine

Open Office. Free alternative to MS Office apps.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Now Uploading

2008 Results

Done.

Direct Link: http://events.actionphotographic.com...al_Results.htm

If you want to browse the race pictures too, that page is easy to find from the link below.

Regards,

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

tiny rider
    I had a good time. The first half seemed really fast, and the trails were tacky and the weather cool. I slowed considerably the second half, but still had fun. The support is great!

One of the things to work on for next year is feeling comfortable flying along next to rusty barbed wire

(some repeats from over on the Endurance Forum thread; sorry I didn't take too many pics)
    misty morning singletrack with 300+ of your best friends

fast roads

It was sometimes hard to leave the aid stations. Just one more slice of watermelon...

got tetanus shot?

Some of those stream crossings got pretty wide at least back by the time I hit them.

I didn't stop enough for the flowers and other scenery. The trails were definitely worth a return trip at a more relaxed pace.

I'd really like to ride the final climb with less than 60 miles in me. It was fun but hard to clean much.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I was thinking about doing it next year... based on all the pics the trails seem smooth & fast are there any technical sections or is this a roadie event on dirt?

tiny rider
    There are definitely some mtb sections. I took pictures while riding, so didn't capture any of the harder bits. I saw one guy on a cross bike, bud didn't envy him during the second half of the ride. You can certainly get away with rigid, relatively small tires, etc. but I was happy to be riding full squish and didn't begrudge the weight.

Others can chime in on how the rain this year on preceding days did or didn't change the course.

Too busy looking good

In addition to the XLS file Rich has also posted a PDF:
    http://www.laramieenduro.org/results...al_Results.pdf

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Great pictures. Agreed about the second half of the ride. It did get tough in spots but overall do-able. I was definitley towards the back of the pack and met a few road bikers that were doing it. Seems like they were walking a bit toward the end in the techinal sections but than again so was I. I did really enjoy the ride and plan on doing it again in the future.

Moderator Moderator
    [QUOTE=dauwalt] I heard at least 5+ collarbones, a concussion, broken neck. People need to heed the caution signs....

QUOTE]

I'm one of the collarbone victims....but I was taken out from behind on the gravel road! So nothing I could have done to prevent it (other than not racing)

It was cool to see Jay Henry flying in crushing the course record. Pretty sure he big-ringed that whole race. Wicked fast 4:45 time i think.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

mtbr member

... and if we just ... ed goes to 11!

Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    But damn the competition has heated up the last couple of years.
    if i'm reading these results correctly, looks like you would've placed in top 10 in almost every other category—including most pro classes—'cept SS!

nicely done, in any event...

-
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    I'm one of the collarbone victims....but I was taken out from behind on the gravel road! So nothing I could have done to prevent it (other than not racing)

It was cool to see Jay Henry flying in crushing the course record. Pretty sure he big-ringed that whole race. Wicked fast 4:45 time i think.
    That sucks! I was wondering what happened when I did not see you all day after the start. Heal fast and completely.

Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    if i'm reading these results correctly, looks like you would've placed in top 10 in almost every other category—including most pro classes—'cept SS!
    Thanks T. Good fortune, being stubborn and having fun all helped. A lot of really good riders out there who must be 12's (32x18 for one)

Ed

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Open Office. Free alternative to MS Office apps.
    And its been written for almost any platform you can think of.

MTB B'dos
    Did it last year and would have to say it was an absolute blast the course was super fun, with a bit of everything thrown in. The volunteers were absolutely amazing as were the aid stations stock wise. Saw that exact same scene last year heading on up into the first ST piece and wanted to stop and get a pic but didn't and really regret it it was even foggier than that. The stuff out in the back side of the course scenery and trail wise was absolutely fantastic too, Headquarters was a biatch especially since I missed the turn off after Aid station2 and went far enough up it to realise what was in store at the end.

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Missed it.

I finally bailed on wednesday after realizing my chest cold wasn't going away and my body still hurt from a bad crash the week before. I had been preparing for it for a while so it was really dissapointing to have to pull out at the last minute. Oh well, there is always next year!
    Free will is an illusion, people will always choose the perceived path of greatest pleasure.

Preemptive Revenger
    Quote Originally Posted by cartographer

misty morning singletrack with 300+ of your best friends

Hey, that's me (white jersey with blue & orange; black & red shorts) slowing up the pace so that you could take a picture!

(Sorry!)
    Friends don't let friends give their money to NORBA.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    Thanks T. Good fortune, being stubborn and having fun all helped. A lot of really good riders out there who must be 12's (32x18 for one)

Ed
    Hey...which one were you??? Did I have 32x18 on my back or did someone like Cole or Paul snitch on me? Everything was great for me until I flailed about between miles 55 and 60.
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32x18
    Everything was great for me until I flailed about between miles 55 and 60.
    I think most everyone flailed at mile 55-60!

SS Chimp
    Quote Originally Posted by dauwalt
    I think most everyone flailed at mile 55-60!
    It's the 4 SS'er that fell outside the "most everyone" that I found to be problematic Perhaps in the future I will limit my flailing to the post-race festivities.
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    I think that Rich and his crew deserve a big thanks for the excellent event. The volunteers out on course, directing traffic, handing bottles, and helping out did a great job. Add in the great picnic, free beer, and 5 of my Steamboat homies in the top of their classes 4 on podium ( 1st,2nd in 30-35, 1st in 40-45, 2nd in SS) made for a great weekend of racing. Plus,a Great job for Kelly Boniface in the open womens, 4th behind 2 ToJoes pros, in her first endurance event!

Thanks to Rich and everyone envolved!! You keep setting the high mark for great events in the rocky mountains. Keep up the good work.