Yappy little dog!

The Land of Green

I don't usually lead rides. I don't know, maybe it's just not my thing or too much responsibility. Anyway, there was a gap in the Team Evergreen Saturday ride schedule and so I filled in for the Greenland/Spruce Mountain ride.

The weather had been on the fence since the night before. I spent the better part of Friday evening watching the radar and guessing what would happen. I don't trust the "meteorologists" anymore. In the morning, there seem to be a lull right above Castle Rock, so I didn't cancel the ride. By 9:00, I had two passengers in the car and rendezvoused with the rest of the riders by 9:40. Yeah, we made good time despite the increased number of "revenue generators" along I-25.

A good size group (15) had made it out to the trailhead and for a few brief moments the sun even poked through the clouds.

We were off on a nice social pace.

I did my best to get halfway decent photos, but the weather was just no cooperating. I think this has been the case for quite a few weekends.

Everything is so green! With the green grass, clouds, and mist it was more like Ireland than Colorado.

We re-grouped before heading up to Spruce Mountain.

Weather? What weather. Nothing but happy people here.

At the top of Spruce Mountain, we took a little break as the rain began to fall. Yes, that is the Yeti with the golden wheels finally holding it up. BTW... Kudos again to PUSH! I used to always mess with the dials on the fork. Stiff, squish, lock-out, and whatever else it does. I don't even know there's a fork anymore.

Though the rain cut our adventure short by four or five miles, it was still a great day to be on the bike.

Last edited by schnauzers; 05-23-2009 at 07:20 PM.

hehe ...you said "member"
    cool shots ... thanks for the stoke.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

mtbr member
    Sweeet!!