formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006

Knolly Night at Salvagetti 5/4

Denver metro folks,
    Sorry for the late notice, this came together rather quickly after talking with Noel over the weekend.
    Tomorrow night, Tuesday 5/4, 6-8pm, Mr Noel Buckley (He puts the Noel in Knolly) is going to be in the shop to talk all things Knolly. He has his brand new (well, actually it got ridden in Fruita over the weekend) Delirium he is going to talk all about, we'll have our Endorphins and Podium to paw at and drool over....and he'll be there to tell you all about them.

I usually do a tire and suspension clinic once or twice a month, and this month it came real close to Noel's visit, so we decided to mash it all together. It going to be kind of presentation based, not a free for all, so please show up somewhere close to on time. I'd imagine the talking will start around 6:30 after the requisite bro-down time.

Shoot me an email: joe AT salvagetti DOTcom if you'll be showing up

cheers,
    Joe

Heres a pic of Noel from thursday night's innaugural ride, wondering if he got all the bolts tight during the hectic pre-flight build the day before.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Bump. I will be there!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Somebody ask him to build an Endorphin 29er pls

mtbr member

It is BYOB too

BYOB(ike)
    BYOB(eer)

And apparently, Noel likes Stranahans, too, if you are feeling rich.
    If you forget, we have a beer store across the street.
    Scott T.
    Salvagetti Bicycle Workshop in Denver
    MOUNTAIN / COMMUTE / TOUR
    http://www.salvagetti.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This was a great night. Noel was a a great dude, and explained everything in great detail, while also making sense. Joe, on the other hand...blowing up brake lines? That didn't teach me too much.

I also drank quite a bit...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Great event last night. I really enjoyed Joe's workshop and Noel's talk. Salvagetti is really something special. I think they have really taken to their new location and are establishing themselves as one of the finest (and most progressive) shops in the Denver Metro area. Frankly, the sky is the limit for Scott and his crew, and they will always have my support and business.

Arrrgggghhh!!
    Awesome night. Thanks for facilitating this talk. Noel "nerded out" a bunch and touched on pros and cons of suspension designs, 29ers, carbon fiber, and the bike industry in general. A wonderful learning experience and a great opportunity to pick the brain of someone who oviously knows what they are talking about.
    Give 'da people 'da air.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwhine
    This was a great night. Noel was a a great dude, and explained everything in great detail, while also making sense. Joe, on the other hand...blowing up brake lines? That didn't teach me too much.

I also drank quite a bit...
    Hey now! That bike was abandoned at our shop about 8 months ago. I've never actually seen that happen before. Perhaps that taught you to stay away from old Hayes brakes?

That was definitely a great night. We just barely scratched the surface of what goes on in Noel's bike brain, but holy cow, did I learn a bunch.

Thanks for coming, everyone.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Somebody ask him to build an Endorphin 29er pls
    [facepalm]....
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    [facepalm]....
    Thanks to Salvagetti and everyone who came out! I'm glad that we were able to drink and spill some beer in the name of "bicycle education" I was really great to have such an enthusiastic group of riders willing to talk about bikes and gear!

Hey DWF:

I e-mailed you about this but didn't realize that your spam checker had e-mailed me back until later on last night

So sorry about this as i would have been great to see you there...
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com
    Thanks to Salvagetti and everyone who came out! I'm glad that we were able to drink and spill some beer in the name of "bicycle education" I was really great to have such an enthusiastic group of riders willing to talk about bikes and gear!

Hey DWF:

I e-mailed you about this but didn't realize that your spam checker had e-mailed me back until later on last night

So sorry about this as i would have been great to see you there...
    No worries, Noel. I saw your email too late. Last night I was out getting thrashed by the all the young punks up on Deer Creek. Next time!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Arrrgggghhh!!
    Noel,

Thanks for coming out, it was a pleasure meeting you. Your enthusiam for bikes is contageous, the talk was very infomative, and I came away even more proud to own one of your bikes.

Bill
    Give 'da people 'da air.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    is that an rp23 on a delirium? boost valve? interesting!

Does Not Belong on a Bike
    Bummer, I really wanted to check out a Delirium. Sounded like fun.
    This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Any news/details on the Endorphin sl?