Thread: Kind of Blue

EJP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Kind of Blue

Sometimes it's not about the miles. Sometimes it's the rhythm of a Sunday morning ride that just leaves you jazzed.

Kind of Blue-img_0399.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0400.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0402.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0403.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0404.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0405.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0407.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0408.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0410.jpg

Kind of Blue-img_0412.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I like 'em either blond and fruity or dark and chocolaty

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Frikkin' hippies...

mtbr member
    SS, i would be careful what you say about ejp's photos...i've ran into her twice at a trailhead and both times i had some form of equipment failure :-)

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by EJP
    Sometimes it's not about the miles. Sometimes it's the rhythm of a Sunday morning ride that just leaves you jazzed.

Yeah! I know that place.

Nice shots.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    EJP, it's always a pleasure to see your pics. I see you've traded your Oly for a G11 (Photome told me this) and your quality still shines. Funny, I know exactly where you were at all these shots. I'm kinda jealous because I haven't ridden those (that) trail since I crashed 9 months ago. Keep posting pics, we all need them!
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That second shot almost looks like it was taken with a macro lens. Good ride, it appears.

EJP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfroggy
    SS, i would be careful what you say about ejp's photos...i've ran into her twice at a trailhead and both times i had some form of equipment failure :-)
    I don't think I'm bad luck for everyone! Just for you .

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    EJP, it's always a pleasure to see your pics. I see you've traded your Oly for a G11 (Photome told me this) and your quality still shines. Funny, I know exactly where you were at all these shots. I'm kinda jealous because I haven't ridden those (that) trail since I crashed 9 months ago. Keep posting pics, we all need them!
    I haven't traded--now I am accumulating cameras (and lenses)! I still love the Olympus, though the Canon colors are pretty special and it's very handy. It does weigh just 1-2 ounces less than the E510 with the pancake lens, so the benefit is the compactness rather than the weight. I just have to figure out the right formula in photoshop to get the colors out of the E510.

Are you *still* not riding? Oh, dear.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I like 'em either blond and fruity or dark and chocolaty

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EJP
    I don't think I'm bad luck for everyone! Just for you .

I haven't traded--now I am accumulating cameras (and lenses)! I still love the Olympus, though the Canon colors are pretty special and it's very handy. It does weigh just 1-2 ounces less than the E510 with the pancake lens, so the benefit is the compactness rather than the weight. I just have to figure out the right formula in photoshop to get the colors out of the E510.

Are you *still* not riding? Oh, dear.
    I bought an E450 last year. Even lighter than your E510. Side by side with my Panasonic TZ5 sometimes it''s hard to see much of a difference but if I want to crop it's obvious which sensor rules.

"Still not riding". Yup. I've gotten out of the habit of riding and am actually too busy to ride during the week. I'm going to try to go into this winter without breaking myself so I can just get stronger over the winter and not be rehabbing some lame injury like the past 4 years.

If you were to turn around where your bike is laying in the grass on Springbrook, got into your time machine and went back to last September 13, this is what you'd see:
    Last edited by xcguy; 04-03-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett