Thread: kids mtb races?

Bad Andy

kids mtb races?

The kids (13 yr girl and 10 yr boy) are really starting to get into this whole mtn biking thing, and have both expressed interest recently in trying racing.
    Anyone got any info/websites/contacts on kids mtb racing that I can start checking into for spring time?

mtbr member
    Depends on there interests, If they're looking at gravity disciplines, there's Mountain States Cup brackets down to 12 and under Jr beginner men and a jr beginner women category. I know the XC goes down to 13-14 Jr beginner male as well. Check out RaceMSC.com

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The Summit County junior league is really cool for kids. Very popular

Feeding your addiction
    The Boulder short-track series has a kids class, those would be fun for kids their age.

http://www.boulderracing.com/

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

I can't ride 45!
    +1 on mavsport's MTB little league program. Great series, great fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    msc and winter park depending onm how serious you want to get... winter park is most likely too much at this point ( most races beginners race the same course as sport, expert and pro...) ...but msc is really good

Living the High Life
    Yeah, I wouldn't call the beginner DH race course at Keystone a beginner run, seeing as how almost the whole thing is on double blacks.

But the Super-D course there could be great for them, blues and greens. And they're kids, so the fact that its longer and takes more endurance won't matter, kids of that age never seem to run out of energy.

The Snowmass DH course isn't too difficult either. The Sol Vista Super-D would be good too. I have only raced at those 3 places, but I'm sure there are more options.

And teams are always looking for juniors who are serious about getting into racing, they're the future of the sport.

dwj
    mtbr member
    you might want to look into racing bmx. it is cheaper, there is less driving assuming you live on the front range, and more kids to race against in that age group. they can race there mtb bikes in the cruiser class. there will be some mtb racing at pikes peak bmx down here in colorado springs on dec. 15th. i'll be posting a thread in the next week or so with more info.