Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Keystone this weekend

We won't be able to make it out on Saturday (stupid wedding to go to) but we'll be there bright and early on Sunday (only because the wedding is a cash bar ). Anyone else planning on going?

Thread Terrorist
    I've got a huge crew heading up Saturday. Ditch the wedding

mtbr member
    I have a bug running around in my chest. If it dies I am game for Sun. If not, I want to be able to shred the race at Sol in two weeks.
    SingletrackMind

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    I've got a huge crew heading up Saturday. Ditch the wedding
    I would if I didn't have to see the person everyday...it's my co-workers wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by CBiDrive
    I have a bug running around in my chest. If it dies I am game for Sun. If not, I want to be able to shred the race at Sol in two weeks.
    Probably from all the rain we were sitting around in on Monday....

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    I'll be up that way Sunday morning with a friend visting from CA.

Living the High Life
    Ha! I have no bugs, no weddings, and no serious injuries

I was planning on going both days! Maybe just a 1/2 day on one of the days, depends on schedules
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    I'll be up there... camping even. Let's connect.

e-misanthrope
    I'll be up there Sunday, hopefully on the new Nicolai - I'll likely be riding with a guy on a Brooklyn (DWF) and another on a Knolly (DWF Jr.)
    Don't waive your rights with your flags.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by lagarto grande
    I'll be up there Sunday, hopefully on the new Nicolai - I'll likely be riding with a guy on a Brooklyn (DWF) and another on a Knolly (DWF Jr.)
    I'll be there Sat & Sun. Last bit of riding I'll get to do for a while!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We'll be at Apex at 8am on Sunday if anyone wants to meet up there first....15 min rule.

Goofing off?
    I went to Keystone yesterday and it was nice except they closed the lift for about an hour due to thunder. I only went over the bars once in the rock garden of Cowboy Up. It is exciting to land on your feet while running and trying to play 'high speed tippy toe hopscotch' with the rocks. No injuries to bike and me, though.

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Hey I've a quick Keystone question - my friend and I are renting DH rigs, does anyone know what they rent? The website isn't exactly brimming with information. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Intenserider2
    I went to Keystone yesterday and it was nice except they closed the lift for about an hour due to thunder. I only went over the bars once in the rock garden of Cowboy Up. It is exciting to land on your feet while running and trying to play 'high speed tippy toe hopscotch' with the rocks. No injuries to bike and me, though.
    Yeah this time of year I expect it to be wet and soggy up there....oh well, I'll take as many runs as I can get.

I jacked my thumb on that rock garden on Sunday...one minute I'm bouncing along the rocks, the next minute my bike decides to make an abrupt stop to toss me off it....bad bike

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    Hey I've a quick Keystone question - my friend and I are renting DH rigs, does anyone know what they rent? The website isn't exactly brimming with information. Thanks.
    They rent Specialized Big Hit 3s Which you can't find on the Specialized website for specs. they have only a 140mm Marzocchi Bomber in front, but keep the 8" in back. Not a bad bike, but no "High End" DH/FR bike as they advertise.

But then again, I wouldn't expect them to rent Demo 8s or Sundays either. I've seen lots of people on the Big Hits having a blast, with no real complaints.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    They rent Specialized Big Hit 3s Which you can't find on the Specialized website for specs. they have only a 140mm Marzocchi Bomber in front, but keep the 8" in back. Not a bad bike, but no "High End" DH/FR bike as they advertise.
    WTF? A 5 inch fork on an 8 inch Big Hit? Who's the master mechanic that came up with that idea? I can't imagine that does great things for the DH geometry.

Living the High Life
    Well technically its 5.5"

But I agree, its seems like a werid fork to put on that frame.

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    hmmm...perhaps I should seek another rental avenue.

Suggestions?

I heart the drops
    Saturday sounds like a better idea i think i shall be up there

mtbr member
    How much do the bikes cost to rent? Any areas in Breckenridge I can rent a Downhill bike?

I'm from Wisconsin and ride a Yeti ASRsl wich I'm assuming isn't enough for those trails. I was planning on riding around Keystone Sunday since I've heard so much about it.

Any suggestions on bikes, or what trails I should start out with?

mtbr member
    Yeti ASRsl will get you down the trails... but beware of the Rock Gardens in Cowboy Up and Jam Rock.

There is a number of Blue and Green runs. Hit those first. Where you would really need a DH sled is on the stunts or for speed.

Not sure what they cost today. But last year I spent almost 100$ on a bike/armor for my son for one day.

Fast, not that fast
    Zenboy, that dump in Keystone village rent's them for 100$ a day!!!! Shittay.

I know b/c I managed to drive up there and forget my front tire at home.

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    I'll be there Sat & Sun. Last bit of riding I'll get to do for a while!
    Nice to meet you at the Dual Salmon at the race the other weekend! That Brooklyn is a thing of beauty...

I'mma try and be up there Saturday at LEAST - only have my 4X bikey these days so I'll probably stick to the tamer trails. This will be my first REAL day on dirt since May, can't wait! I had a couple of easy WP green trail days in June but nothing really good all summer...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    Nice to meet you at the Dual Salmon at the race the other weekend! That Brooklyn is a thing of beauty...

I'mma try and be up there Saturday at LEAST - only have my 4X bikey these days so I'll probably stick to the tamer trails. This will be my first REAL day on dirt since May, can't wait! I had a couple of easy WP green trail days in June but nothing really good all summer...
    You too!

I've got no problems hitting any of the trails, I should have the Brooklyn and the Knolly hardtail with me. I'll be in the Hunky Dory lot around 9:30'ish either in a gold Tacoma or a red Jetta Wagon.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Your retarded
    Looks like a couple Springs folks are headed up Saturday also. Look for either a black Tundra or black Ram with an Astrix Huckster and a Preston... and possibly a Ventanna if we can talk icegeek into going.
    A trail that’s too difficult wouldn’t exist because it’d never be used. But, trails can exist that’re too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Post up if anyone is meeting @ Apex on Sunday at 8am...if no one is then we're just heading up without meeting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast