n00b eternal

Keystone Trail Plans

Posted recently to their site (and it sounds much better this year).

Get ready, chairlift turns June 16

The Drop Zone hits Keystone for 2006
    The Keystone Bike Park Crew has transformed a ridge line of drops into a free fall for you. Choose from four alleys of mulitiple features all located off the Paid in Full trail.
    Alley 1 - Small, medium or large drops ranging from 5 to 22 foot drops.
    Alley 2 - Rock Drop
    Alley 3 - Rock Garden
    Alley 4 - North Shore Bridge with G-Out

Expert Trails
    Keystone offers Colorado’s most exhilarating downhill challenges with rock gardens, rock drops and high-speed jumps. Take on runs like Motorhead, Paid-N-Full, TNT and more.

Beginner and Intermediate Trails
    This is the most fun you will ever have on a green run and a great way to enjoy the downhill experience without being an expert biker. Runs like Let it Ride and Mosquito Coast offer roller coaster rides over bridges and berms without the steepness or rock gardens you’ll find in other areas of the park.

ASX Skills Park
    Located at the base of River Run. Session on park features ranging from exposed bridge rides to gigantic teeter-totters. Keystone Bike Park offers a way to progress your skills with beginner and intermediate jumps and an expert gap jump.

Read all about it
    [SIZE=1]Wipe your feet really good on the rhythm rug.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Ok - seven weeks. Hopefully I can hold on that long! Last year it seemed like every weekend I was up there, the Keystone Bike crew had something new built. This year is gonna go off big time! I do know that the Mojo Wheels crew will be showing up in force on opening day/weekend with shovels in hand and we should have DH riding from the top to the bottom right off. No more waiting an extra month for the top stuff to melt and open up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    I do know that the Mojo Wheels crew will be showing up in force on opening day/weekend with shovels in hand and we should have DH riding from the top to the bottom right off. No more waiting an extra month for the top stuff to melt and open up.
    There could still be a lot more snow than you think... even if 50 of us are there digging out. I doubt anybody will be doing top to bottom runs right off... but I do hope your right. It's not likely though.

Maybe the temps will be high enough to help melt off the massive snow pack they have.

In the last few years Keystone only had a max of aprox 30 or 40 inch base for the winter and when Keystone opened (for the summer) they still had a ton of snow up top, this year the base was double that. Where do you think all that snow is gonna go?

I'm not trying to be a hater but I think your being a little unrealistic. Like I said though, hopefully your right and I'm wrong.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Sounds tremendous.

i took the wheels home
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    I'm not trying to be a hater but I think your being a little unrealistic. Like I said though, hopefully your right and I'm wrong.
    Do keep in mind you're responding to .thumper....

I also heard that they were opening two more runs this year from one of the lifties. oh boy!

mtbr member
    May 2006

Good job! If You Don't Have The Bike, Stay Off The Black

Keystone Visitor's

Being from Texas it took me a few years, two broken bones, and a couple of angry exchanges with local kids to realize that downhilling on a $ 600.00 4 in travel hardtail on Cowboy Up, TNT, and Wild Thing ( the big boulders I had to walk) was not only stupid but dangerous. Now when I hit the blacks I've got my Kona and my sons have their T. Liquids.
    The point is this for you out of towners, stay on the greens, Boy Scouts is more like a blue, keep the kids off Bug Coast and River Run, and If you are on a black have the equipment or stay off. This July/ August 2 week trip I'll get to see how banged up on Paid In Full I can get. Last year it was new and the 12 year old wasn't ready.
    I still haven't managed to get up enough courage to try that big long skinny teeter-totter in the skills park. Besides everytime I crash I prefer to do it up-top rather than in front of the audience at the lift. Happy Riding

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayhairDwnHiller
    Keystone Visitor's

Being from Texas it took me a few years, two broken bones, and a couple of angry exchanges with local kids to realize that downhilling on a $ 600.00 4 in travel hardtail on Cowboy Up, TNT, and Wild Thing ( the big boulders I had to walk) was not only stupid but dangerous. Now when I hit the blacks I've got my Kona and my sons have their T. Liquids.
    The point is this for you out of towners, stay on the greens, Boy Scouts is more like a blue, keep the kids off Bug Coast and River Run, and If you are on a black have the equipment or stay off. This July/ August 2 week trip I'll get to see how banged up on Paid In Full I can get. Last year it was new and the 12 year old wasn't ready.
    I still haven't managed to get up enough courage to try that big long skinny teeter-totter in the skills park. Besides everytime I crash I prefer to do it up-top rather than in front of the audience at the lift. Happy Riding
    Shut the hell up rube. Just because you broke bones being an idiot doesn't mean everyone will. Maybe you just suck.

Don't let this peterboy dissuade you from trying what you want on what you want. "out of towners"? Who do you think you are? An "out of towner" giving "out of towners" advice like he is not an "out of towner"? Stay out of town tourist.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Keystone Visitor's

??? Are you joking?

I've seen more than a few people on hardtails shred Keystone like it's nothing. When my big bike broke, I rode a nearly stock P1 there for 3 days and loved every second of it, and I pretty much suck at DH. I think you just need some practice. Or better armor.

To the topic at hand, I just can't wait til 'Stone opens, I hope the new trails are everything I've heard they are! The drop zone sounds like a lot of fun, me = impatient.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by DamoNNomaD
    Shut the hell up rube. Just because you broke bones being an idiot doesn't mean everyone will. Maybe you just suck.

Don't let this peterboy dissuade you from trying what you want on what you want. "out of towners"? Who do you think you are? An "out of towner" giving "out of towners" advice like he is not an "out of towner"? Stay out of town tourist.

You have such a way with words, you're either seriously f'ing tough, or you're one of those angry b1tches who hides behind a keyboard throwing stones believing that the internet affords him limitless opportunities to act with impunity. Which is it?

I agree with your point, your delivery sucks though. Here you go, I'll give you a hand:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/respect
    Now with more vitriol!

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    You have such a way with words, you're either seriously f'ing tough, or you're one of those angry b1tches who hides behind a keyboard throwing stones believing that the internet affords him limitless opportunities to act with impunity. Which is it?

I agree with your point, your delivery sucks though. Here you go, I'll give you a hand:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/respect
    You saying so won't change my "delivery". I don't CARE if you don't like it.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss

Personally, I think you're just peachy and can't wait to meet you on a trail somewhere soon!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Personally, I think you're just peachy and can't wait to meet you on a trail somewhere soon!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!

Whatever, tough guy. If this whole granite veneer /marshmallow core thing is working for you, so be it. Just thought I'd offer what I consider a desperately needed suggestion.
    Last edited by Godzilla; 05-22-2006 at 05:44 PM.
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yeah, there is some saying about vinegar and honey.....

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Whatever, tough guy. If this whole granite veneer /marshmallow core thing is working for you, so be it. Just thought I'd offer what I consider a desperately needed suggestion.
    Yeah, OK then.