Thread: Keystone Ride?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Keystone Ride?

Whatsup guys. I have no clue about the riding in colorado but from the little research I have done keystone seems like a cool place to stay for a couple days and ride. Me and my roommate did the collect the cups thing from wendys and now have 2 roundtrip tickets to anywhere in usa and plan on flying in to Denver and driving to keystone sometime this summer. Keystone struck my interest cause we want to ride chairlift trails since we have none of that in Mississippi where we live. We both love bombing down fast singletrack and jumping 4 foot drops and so on. We are not DH riders by any means. Would Keystone be a good choice to stay for a couple nights and ride 3 days or so? thanks
    2005 Trek Liquid 55

mtbr member
    Sounds like a plan to me! There are some nice trails in Keystone, Breckenridge, Veil and Winterpark. And all of that is within one hour (by car).

Keystone has a chair lift and some nice DH trails ranging from smooth to pretty technical. All rideable, though. They have built a few new bigger drops and lot's of people here look forward to give it a try. Veil and Winterpark do have chair lifts, too. So you can check-it-out and compare.

Oh, and all four towns do have nice single-track XC rides, too.

If there is a drawback, then it is the elevation. Not sure where exactly you are coming from. But the area you are looking at is at about 8000 feet on average. You'll feel that. Like beached fish, if you try something streneous.

See you on the trails. Up or down.

Klaus

eci
    how long are you coming out for? You can def have a good time out here. prolly wanna ride in the denver area first b4 you go to the mtns

keystone is an awesome place to ride. i would hit up winter park and vail also

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I think we are going to try and get out there and have 3 or 4 days to ride. Depends on what we can afford for lodging. We really wanna bring our bikes on plane so we dont have to rent any at the resort but I dont know if were going to be able to do so.
    2005 Trek Liquid 55

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weezer23
    I think we are going to try and get out there and have 3 or 4 days to ride. Depends on what we can afford for lodging. We really wanna bring our bikes on plane so we dont have to rent any at the resort but I dont know if were going to be able to do so.

ship your bikes to a local shop where ever you plan on going. Then just go pick them up when you get there and drop them off when you leave. If you do the packing and asembaly yourself you should only have to pay for shipping and it will be cheaper than the plane. I have done this several times and it works great. I usually leave the shops a couple 6-packs as thanks for watching my bikea and arranging the shipping/receiving of my bike box.

Big M, Little organ.
    Jan 2004
    If you are an IMBA member you can take your bike on Frontier flights for free. Costs $25 to become a member, which is money well spent anyway.
    http://www.imba.com/membership/benefits_indiv.html

Members who have read this thread: 0