Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Keystone Opening Weekend!!!! Roll Call...

Who will be there? What days? What are you excited for? What will you be riding? What will you be wearing?

I'll be there definitely Saturday and maybe Sunday (small chance on Friday). I'm excited to see the new construction that I know has been going on as well as I can't wait to finally have a liftie load my bike and I just get to sit and relax while climbing the mountain!

I will be riding my new NEXT Full Suspension I just got from Wal-Mart and wearing a pink lacey crotchless number - you can't miss me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by .thumper.; 06-15-2006 at 07:52 AM.

Outcast
    not to dampen your enthusiasm but, do you know if the whole mtn. will be open that weekend, or will it be like last year when cowboy up, upper paid in full were closed due to snow?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'll be there with about 4 other people....can't wait. I don't care if it's muddy or still snowy and sloppy I just wanna ride

mtbr member
    There will definitely be some snow up top. I don't know what all will be open an closed, but I do know that the Mojo Junior Army will be showing up in force on Friday with shovels in each hand. Keystone got more snow than last year, but it has been considerably warmer this Spring than last Spring, so I really don't know what to expect.

I did talk with one of the guys from the Keystone Bike Crew who has been building already this year and he said the snow shouldn't be too much of a problem. I may be overly optimistic, but I think that this year more will be open earlier, but I could be disappointed Saturday morning.

Outcast
    Thanks Thumper. And BTW, that outfit you're planning on wearing goes really well with your bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Thanks Thumper. And BTW, that outfit you're planning on wearing goes really well with your bike!
    Thanks. And I finally got my brake levers and bar ends mounted the way I like them. Took some trial and error, but I think this is the hot set-up. My sweet kick-stand finally came in, too.

crashes in parkinglot
    I think he could still serve some people on that bike, though i don't know if it could handle a full days lift access (poor thing is gonna suffer)

Rocket Scientist
    I won't be there 3-1/2 more weeks and then I'm back...I hope...
    Let there be no doubt, I'm jelous of you guys and your lift assisted DHin' arses!

Please!!! RIP UP THAT MOUNTAIN LIKE IT'S NEVER BEEN RIPPED UP BEFORE for me.

I don't know how much of this I can take, I may need some counseling to get past this

Btw, don't let that Sled hurt your head...NEXT!

eci
    Me and Shawn on Sunday. And the shovel will be in the truck bed

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    You do know that those bar ends are made to be mounted vertically, right?
    Now with more vitriol!

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by .thumper.
    Who will be there? What days? What are you excited for? What will you be riding? What will you be wearing?

I'll be there definitely Saturday and maybe Sunday (small chance on Friday). I'm excited to see the new construction that I know has been going on as well as I can't wait to finally have a liftie load my bike and I just get to sit and relax while climbing the mountain!

I will be riding my new NEXT Full Suspension I just got from Wal-Mart and wearing a pink lacey crotchless number - you can't miss me.

Last weekend in WP I saw you riding that bike. On the Flume trail. And the fork was installed backwards, vee brakes facing back.

I was too shocked to say anything, so when before you get to Keystone you might wanna swap that around.

** This is based on a true sighting. **
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    I'll be there on Saturday. I'll be sporting my purple GT Karakoram with RockShox Mag 10. Not sure what I'll wear yet. Perhaps flipflops and a wife beater. I just got some Ritchey red brake pads and put on a fresh set of Panaracer smoke/dart meats. So I'm super stoked!!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Cynical Bystander
    Hopefully I'll be there on Saturday. Granted I get the fork situation figured out on the M3... If not I'll definitely be heading there next week. (Again assuming I can get some damn lowers for my Boxxer...)
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    I'll be there on Saturday. I'll be sporting my purple GT Karakoram with RockShox Mag 10. Not sure what I'll wear yet. Perhaps flipflops and a wife beater. I just got some Ritchey red brake pads and put on a fresh set of Panaracer smoke/dart meats. So I'm super stoked!!
    That bike set up is so cutting edge; I'm dying with envy! I can't wait to see you shred wild thing in your flip flops.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'll be there Saturday, and maybe Sunday...

I'll be in a fox jersey, on my 04 GT DHi, with a blue Remedy FF and Orange goggles riding solo more than likely.

Out Of Control
    Small chance for Friday...but Saturday it's on like donkey kong!

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Hopefully I'll be there on Saturday. Granted I get the fork situation figured out on the M3... If not I'll definitely be heading there next week. (Again assuming I can get some damn lowers for my Boxxer...)
    What the did you do to the boxxer?

eci
    If i can find the super man out fit i will be rocking that. If not i def have a magnum pi outfit that will look hot!

Outcast
    Comtbiker, is this your boxxer?:

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    What the did you do to the boxxer?
    The lowers cracked from hitting a rock back when we rode. Apparently new lowers are difficult to track down...
    Last edited by COmtbiker12; 06-15-2006 at 01:03 PM.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Awesomist™
    I'll be there for first chair on Friday, riding until about 1 or 2 at the latest. I'll be the one circumnavigating all the tricky drops and brake dragging down the high speed sections. Jumps and skinnies? Fugettaboutit! I'm riding fire roads all day and staying on the ground! My 303 feels SO rad on the fire roads!

And seriously, I won't be out on Saturday or Sunday. I have plans to float down a river, drinking beers and girl-watching on them thar days.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Outcast
    C'mon guys, not even one joke about the boxxer picture? Not one "weaksauce" comment?

mtbr member
    C'mon guys, not even one joke about the boxxer picture? Not one "weaksauce" comment?
    Well we would, but all I see is "OOPS, my image for this link is no longer here. Hosted at Photobucket." Freakin' Photobucket...
    Biker? I don't even know her.

Outcast
    try refreshing your browser? I'm seeing the image.

eci
    try refreshing your browser? I'm seeing the image.

^
    Notice the pink bike sticker...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast