Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Keystone Monday 6/26 anyone?

My work schedule and an out of town wedding to go to dictate that to be the first day I'll be able to get up there for a lift hit.

I've promised Ms. Scrub that I won't ride lift terrain solo; got to find someone to ride with.

Anyone able to join on a weekday? I'm no super hucker, or super fast DH guy, but can hold my own getting down the mountain.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    My work schedule and an out of town wedding to go to dictate that to be the first day I'll be able to get up there for a lift hit.

I've promised Ms. Scrub that I won't ride lift terrain solo; got to find someone to ride with.

Anyone able to join on a weekday? I'm no super hucker, or super fast DH guy, but can hold my own getting down the mountain.

Alright already, since you're being so forceful about it - and for your wife's sake - I'll do it. Wanna carpool from I-70 / Morrison around 8 / 8:30?

edit:
    Oops - let me get back to you, I was thinking tomorrow, I probably won't be able to get out the 26th, since I'll be returning from CB the 25th.
    Now with more vitriol!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    Alright already, since you're being so forceful about it - and for your wife's sake - I'll do it. Wanna carpool from I-70 / Morrison around 8 / 8:30?

edit:
    Oops - let me get back to you, I was thinking tomorrow, I probably won't be able to get out the 26th, since I'll be returning from CB the 25th.

yeah, the 26th. hell, riding there with you would be humbling and educational at the same time.

Still on Training Wheels!
    hey scrub

I should be able to make it that monday, I'll have to get back to you later this week to let you know for sure.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Oh, So Interesting!
    I'm up for going if you don't mind someone new...I just found this site in my quest for a new fork. I'm looking for some people that like to do more fr/technical trail riding. I keep meeting people that want to go ride Betasso, Heil, or up Flagstaff Mtn. to Walker. Not really my idea of fun if a cross bike is the best tool for the job.

Scrub, you posted about the forks I was looking at a while ago, I found an '06 Boxxer Ride on ebay. I am soooo happy. No need to pick a line anymore, straight thru works just fine, thank you. j/k... Some sections that were sketchy going down are now cake. It feels like I'm cheating.

pm me if you want to go. My vehicle can take 3...

Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    I'm up for going if you don't mind someone new...I just found this site in my quest for a new fork. I'm looking for some people that like to do more fr/technical trail riding. I keep meeting people that want to go ride Betasso, Heil, or up Flagstaff Mtn. to Walker. Not really my idea of fun if a cross bike is the best tool for the job.

Scrub, you posted about the forks I was looking at a while ago, I found an '06 Boxxer Ride on ebay. I am soooo happy. No need to pick a line anymore, straight thru works just fine, thank you. j/k... Some sections that were sketchy going down are now cake. It feels like I'm cheating.

pm me if you want to go. My vehicle can take 3...

Sounds good. I'm definately in for it, so long asthere is at least one other person to ride with.

I can take three people/bikes (including me) though one would need a fork up. I've got one of those, and one full bike mount.

I'm really liking my Boxxer Ride, though now of course i'm lusting after the new long travel Rock Shox single crowns I keep seeing.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    i may be interested but have to check the family schedule........will get back to you later in the week..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Cynical Bystander
    Dave, I might be able to go. If not, I'm definitely down for some weekday/workday riding since well...I don't work. (mmm....summer) Perhaps meet at one of the trex lots off I-70 and Morrison exit and carpool up?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Dave, I might be able to go. If not, I'm definitely down for some weekday/workday riding since well...I don't work. (mmm....summer) Perhaps meet at one of the trex lots off I-70 and Morrison exit and carpool up?
    Its nice to be able to avoid the crowds... I'm working part time fixing cars and welding this summer, used to own a shop. Now I'm a Mechanical Engineering major at CU... much better than fixing cars...

a dad
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    Its nice to be able to avoid the crowds... I'm working part time fixing cars and welding this summer, used to own a shop. Now I'm a Mechanical Engineering major at CU... much better than fixing cars...
    just become a teacher...crowds are hardly ever an issue for me in june, july and august.....
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Bumpage.

Anyone still up for this and willing to commit? I'll be driving down from Longmont, probably leaving my place about 7a.m. I can meet/pick someone up in Boulder or by the 70 onramp if needed.

Out of town for a wedding, back Sunday.

Come on, I threw the big fatty tires back on and everything!

Awesomist™
    I will be there, for sure, without question. I am down to go and will commit to it. PLUS - I/we will get to ride with the Cooter Brown Arkansas crew from the Ridemonkey DH forums... they're all in town for a few weeks riding all the lifts that they can.

I-70 and Morrison Road, T-Rex lot, I'll be there between 8:00 and 8:20 or so with a penchant for running late. Purple Tacoma, Yellow and Turq Yeti 303. Loud mouth. Can't miss me.

The ONLY reason I won't be at the T-Rex lot is if I'm already in Keystone, which may happen since the Arkansas boys are in on Saturday and my friend Ross wants to rock the DH action on Sunday and I have a couple friends that live in River Run. So if that's the case...

Base of the lift, first chair's at 10:00am. Still have a penchant for running late. Yellow and Turq Yeti 303. Flat Black TLD D2. Loud mouth. Still can't miss me.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker
    I will be there, for sure, without question. I am down to go and will commit to it. PLUS - I/we will get to ride with the Cooter Brown Arkansas crew from the Ridemonkey DH forums... they're all in town for a few weeks riding all the lifts that they can.

I-70 and Morrison Road, T-Rex lot, I'll be there between 8:00 and 8:20 or so with a penchant for running late. Purple Tacoma, Yellow and Turq Yeti 303. Loud mouth. Can't miss me.

The ONLY reason I won't be at the T-Rex lot is if I'm already in Keystone, which may happen since the Arkansas boys are in on Saturday and my friend Ross wants to rock the DH action on Sunday and I have a couple friends that live in River Run. So if that's the case...

Base of the lift, first chair's at 10:00am. Still have a penchant for running late. Yellow and Turq Yeti 303. Flat Black TLD D2. Loud mouth. Still can't miss me.

cool. sounds good. though you full on DH guys will kick my ass down the mountain, i'll try to hang on.....

user-created
    I'm gonna try to get there. I'd say "probably".

crashes in parkinglot
    Hey scrub, I'm in. Got the fork up, got to go do the same as you and put the big meats on the rear tire. I'll shoot you an email as well.

Perpetually single track
    I suddenly feel very very sick today...I really don't think I can make it to the office tomorrow...dog, I feel horrible. (fock, I wish....I hate everyone of you).

I should be able to make it!

Is there room for one more?

user-created
    I'm leaving in few to drive up to Vail Pass for the night, see ya'll in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    Hey scrub, I'm in. Got the fork up, got to go do the same as you and put the big meats on the rear tire. I'll shoot you an email as well.

great! i'll swing by about 730 and pick you up, then pick up davec113 on the way down south after that. that'll fill my car up for bikes/gear.

that'll fill my car up for bikes/gear.
    Oh well mabey next time.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    Oh well mabey next time.
    If youre not going because you don't have a ride, I could take my car, too...

Quote Originally Posted by drum714
    Oh well mabey next time.

sorry about that; eric already had emailed me about going before i saw your reply that you were in for sure.

i can probably swing four bikes, it'll just take some head scratching to do that. the car can handle four of us.

if you want to cram in with us, i'll swing byt he dinosaur lot on the way to hopping onto 70 and see if you're there. that would be the easiest way to meet and pick you up, if you're coming from parker.

Awesomist™
    Sweet, stoked all you guys are hitting Keystone... I'mma have to bail on the whole deal though. It's for a good reason, I promise... some kids I'm hanging with in Keystone are riding Vail tomorrow so I'mma hit that. Have ya'll!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

sorry about that; eric already had emailed me about going before i saw your reply that you were in for sure.

No prob!

Found out before the weekend that my boss is going to have to shut down his bussiness by the end of july so I took all this stuff as a sign that I shoud stay home and look for a new job. Fact is, I'm getting married the 2nd of august and need to suport the wiffy for the next year untill she finishes school. I guess riding will just have to wait......I'm to young for this kind of thinking

I'll be up for Monday the 10th if anyone is down.

sweet! second run down the mountain, and i hit it hard on the drop zone. yeah, the smallest one. i suck at drops more than i thought, apparantly. i've hit a few things in the 5-6' range before; not sure how i screwed this one up so badly.

take off seemed fine, initial landing seemed fine, somehow ending up into the rocks off to the right seemed not so fine. not sure what i did, or how i ended up doing it, but a fabulous sky-grounder yard sale ensued.

big honkin' bruise on my right hip, and one dislocated right ring finger at the second distal joint later..... plus a very deep and large opening at the joint, requiring two stitches down at the tendon level, and 6 more on the outside. no fracture, no tendon damage. whew. the rest of me all armoured up? juuuuuust fine. i loves me some armour. and the full face took a few knocks as well.

singletrack has a nice pic of the takeoff, but none of the ugly landing unfortunately. i'll be off the bike for a week minimum, then maybe a few easy road rides. it'll be a few more weeks until i can hit more dirt, and even longer for bigger stuff.

i've got a few pics i'll put up tomorrow, but for now it's vicodin time! the x-ray of the dislocation is pretty ugly; i'll toss that up here too.

dave, eric, joel: great riding with you guys! see you next time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast