mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Keystone on Memorial Day Weekend.

I hope this is the right forum..

I'm trying to get ready for an endurance DH race that's coming up and none of my local resorts are open yet. (well maybe one, but the trails are too mellow.)

I was considering heading out to Keystone (I have family that lives in the area) for memorial day weekend. I have never been there but I read that a limited number of trails would be open for the early season so I'm trying to decide if the long drive would be worth it.

I'm looking for a relativley gnar DH trail and a more mellow trail with lots of pedaling to help simulate the upcoming race..Can someone fill me in on what trails would be open?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Don't pack your bags yet

There's still a sh!t load of snow on the runs...I bet they move the date back, spring has come super late, snow fell nearly everyday this past week. Springs first 60 degree day is supposed to happen this week, but it'll take a 2-3 weeks of that. Here's a pic from this week outside the house. Plus they are only opening it up to the first Gondola drop off...which means the best trails won't be open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Keystone on Memorial Day Weekend.-dscf2611.jpg  

Slopestyle Rider
    No resort will be open on Memorial Day here in Colorado... Sol Vista has the Triple Dhip that weekend (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but that is a race... Winter Park Opens June 12th,, and I'm assuming that Keystone is the same...

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    No resort will be open on Memorial Day here in Colorado... Sol Vista has the Triple Dhip that weekend (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but that is a race... Winter Park Opens June 12th,, and I'm assuming that Keystone is the same...
    Yeah, SV has the advantage of being at a lower elevation than WP or Keystone. Is Sol Vista only open to racers that weekend? I didn't really check since I'm going to race

If you're looking for long DH runs head to Angel Fire down in New Mexico. Nothing like 1800 vert of rock gardens to toughen you up.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    incorrect! Keystone will be open memorial day weekend, Saturday, May 29 - Monday, May 31, 2010 limited mountain biking from Gondola Mid-Station; 10am - 5pm

you are correct about solvista being open but it will be open to racers only.

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    incorrect! Keystone will be open memorial day weekend, Saturday, May 29 - Monday, May 31, 2010 limited mountain biking from Gondola Mid-Station; 10am - 5pm

you are correct about solvista being open but it will be open to racers only.

Cooll!

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Yeah, SV has the advantage of being at a lower elevation than WP or Keystone. Is Sol Vista only open to racers that weekend? I didn't really check since I'm going to race

If you're looking for long DH runs head to Angel Fire down in New Mexico. Nothing like 1800 vert of rock gardens to toughen you up.

haha yeah i guess we both made that assumption because i am going to race as well.