Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Keystone Freeride Frenzy 04 - June 19th

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Full Trucker 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured I'd post this for anyone who may not know about the new freeride park planned for keystone. I guess there is an opening day event going on...anyone going?

From the pages of: http://keystone.snow.com/info/mtnbikingdownhill.asp

"Keystone Bike Park

Freeride Frenzy 04 - Saturday, June 19th

The downhill biking season starts at Keystone on Friday, June 18th with the opening of the Summit Express at 10am. The Freeride Frenzy kicks off the mountain biking season on Saturday, June 19th, call 496-4065.

From burly to buff...Keystone rules the single track world. Think you have what it takes to master trails with names like "Cowboy Up", "TNT", "Punk Rock", and "Wild Thing"? Or how about the newest burly trail called "Motorhead" complete with berms, table tops and North Shore style bridges? If so - don't miss the park features at the bottom ranging from exposed bridge rides to gigiantic teeter-totters. We will put your 8 inch travel bike to the test.

Sound like too much? Well we've got some of the buffest single track in the state on trails like "Suz's Cruise", "Let it Ride" and "Sleepy Hollow". So if you're still riding the hard tail or beginnning the sport - we've got your back.

Summer Kickoff FREERIDE FRENZY '04 (June 19-20, 2004)
Start off the 2004 mountain biking season with our newest bike event, the Keystone Summer Kickoff FREERIDE FRENZY '04! Saturday commences with afternoon Mt. 4/Cross practice, followed by a Jump Jam on a trials course in River Run with Live Music and drink specials at Parrot Eyes! The 4/Cross qualifying round begins on Sunday morning at the Mt. Cross course at Mt. House Base Area followed by the final rounds in early afternoon. Tacos and awards party will succeed the competition at the Mt. House. Sponsored by Keystone Resort and Mountain Sports Outlet. Call 970.496.4459 to register."

See less See more
#5 ·
gigamanx said:
"Cowboy Up", "TNT", "Punk Rock", and "Wild Thing"? Or how about the newest burly trail called "Motorhead" complete with berms, table tops and North Shore style bridges? If so - don't miss the park features at the bottom ranging from exposed bridge rides to gigiantic teeter-totters. We will put your 8 inch travel bike to the test.

Sound like too much? Well we've got some of the buffest single track in the state on trails like "Suz's Cruise", "Let it Ride" and "Sleepy Hollow". So if you're still riding the hard tail or beginnning the sport - we've got your back.
So does that mean I can't ride it all on my hardtail? :rolleyes:

I think I'll be avoiding the opening day/s, but you can bet I'll be there a couple times this year. That new stuff was coming along nicely toward the end of the year, I'd like to see how it turned out.

#6 ·
kitchenware said:
So does that mean I can't ride it all on my hardtail? :rolleyes:

I think I'll be avoiding the opening day/s, but you can bet I'll be there a couple times this year. That new stuff was coming along nicely toward the end of the year, I'd like to see how it turned out.
exactly. looked to be a good start to the new stuff last year.....
mmm. i had no problem with my hardtail on any of the stuff either. big fork, slam the seatpost down, throw on the dh tires, and all is good to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.