bike rider

Keystone Conditions?

I just got back to Breckenridge after 2 months surfing so I have no idea what conditions will be like for opening weekend. What do you think?
    1. Snow up top and lots of mud, even muddy from the mid-station down?
    2. Muddy in lots of spots on upper trails but dry on lower half?
    3. Only some avoidable mud spots, good to go?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Mud or no mud. . . . .good to go!

ridin dirtay
    4. Open. Ride bikes

bike rider
    Ehh, I just don't like riding in mud. Don't like shredding trails, having to clean my bike, or wearing out parts. Living in New England we had to ride in mud but now in CO I get a choice so I avoid it. I could just ride somewhere dry this weekend instead.
    Keep the predictions coming, even better if there is word from the bike crew up there.

mtbr member
    You'll probably have to clean your bike somewhat. C'mon, its mid June at the top of Keystone. There will be spots. Hopefully the trail crew is too busy to respond cuz they're diggin trails while there is still moisture to be found.

PS - I'll be there on FryDay, hopefully getting my white sunday all dirty.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    Ehh, I just don't like riding in mud. Don't like shredding trails, having to clean my bike, or wearing out parts. Living in New England we had to ride in mud but now in CO I get a choice so I avoid it. I could just ride somewhere dry this weekend instead.
    Keep the predictions coming, even better if there is word from the bike crew up there.

oh! so youre one of those guys that will make the singletrack wider and ruin the trails cuz you cant get your little baby dirty! bikes are meant to go thru mud and i personally think riding in mud is a blast. changes the riding ALOT. take the solvista triple DHip for example...race course had 8 inches of mud in sections that you had to figure a way to get thru because you definitely couldnt ride thru it.

just one less person on the trails when there is mud. Im totally fine with that.

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    PS - I'll be there on FryDay, hopefully getting my white sunday all broken.
    fixed for ya.

kidding of course

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=Lelandjt]Ehh, I just don't like riding in mud. Don't like shredding trails, having to clean my bike, or wearing out parts. QUOTE]

Living in summit then you must have like a 3 week riding season. The front range will be dry though!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    fixed for ya.

kidding of course
    Funny thing is I've recently found out that I am more fragile than my bike. I'll be taking it somewhat easy this weekend.

Oh yeah, do I need to remind peeps that Keystone is open 'til 7pm on Fri/Sat now? Giddyup!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by nhltfour
    oh! so youre one of those guys that will make the singletrack wider and ruin the trails cuz you cant get your little baby dirty!
    What an R-tard! I don't widen singletrack around mud pits, I avoid muddy trails. You're a hick for thinking "muddin" is fun. It's obvious you're new to the sport and I checked, you started riding 5 years ago. I went for a moto today on Peak 9 and didn't see much snow so I'll be there tomorrow. Stay out of my way.

ridin dirtay
    There is a wash station at the bottom of the Ghandi, if that helps

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    What an R-tard! I don't widen singletrack around mud pits, I avoid muddy trails. You're a hick for thinking "muddin" is fun. It's obvious you're new to the sport and I checked, you started riding 5 years ago. I went for a moto today on Peak 9 and didn't see much snow so I'll be there tomorrow. Stay out of my way.
    cheers mate!! ive been riding dh for 5 years and on two wheels since I was 4. I will shred any trail no matter the conditions. it adds something to the sport. i am no way close to being a hick. youre the pu**y who doesnt want to shred the trails if they are a little muddy. you enjoy the xc trails buddy while I shred everything else.

ridin dirtay
    99.44% dry
    100% illnana

bike rider
    Yeah, it was bordering on dusty. Lots of fun of course but nothing new this year. 2 small changes: Jack Straw Road is now open for "40oz." runs and the "Punk Money" connection. The lower, steep section of "Helter" is now closed, forcing you onto the road or green trail until just above the step-up hip.
    There's an outside chance of 1 or 2 new trails being built by late August, and a good chance of many new trails being built for next season.