mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Keystone Closing Date

How long does Keystone stay open for mtn bike riding? Do they have a firm closing date?

mtbr member

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by heckler_asx
    The text on that page is very confusingly worded. What they meant to say was that they will be open daily until 9/9/07, closed between 9/10/07-9/14/07 and open the weekend of 9/15 - 9/16 (per my conversation with the ticket agent earlier this week). Apparently they've been getting a lot of calls asking this question.

FWIW, my experience with Keystone late in the season is that some trails might be closed due to construction which seems to pick up between the MTN States Cup Finals and the opening of ski season. That being said, most of the trails should be open (if not all of them). I'm planning to ride there on Friday 9/7/07.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    did helter skelter or east forest get opened in the past couple of weeks?

mtbr member
    no they are as of Wed. still working on east forest. I'm guessing it wont be open until the last weekend.

Armchair Sasquatcheror

New Trails

Yes, the new trail should be open for the last weekend. They are going to ride the lifts for 2 more weekends after closing weekend if the weathre permits. The weather prolly won't permit though.