Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kenosha Pass ride 9/19

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Scottie5150 
#1 ·
I've got a bunch of people going up to Kenosha Pass this Sunday. If you're interested, we're meeting at the gravel lot across from the Conoco at C470 and Morrison Rd at 8am and then heading up. Should be all levels of riders going.

I'll be in a red Toyota truck with a red Turner.

Later--Dan

#4 ·
We should be at Kenosha at 9:30 (ish)

The plan is to do an out and back from Kenosha to Georgia pass. We've got some people that may not make it all the way to the top, and we've made no plans to shuttle to Breck--we're kinda leaving our options open. Like I said, this is a group with riders of all levels, so we're keeping the plan pretty loose. It's more of a have fun, take some pix kinda ride to wrap up the high country season. There should also be a couple of real animals with us though, and they may decide to head down towards Breck--just depends how much air they have left. If that happens, an impromptu shuttle might happen. Sorry about all the unspecifics Hope this helps a little.

We should show up at Kenosha about 9:30...but...there's almost always somebody running late. We're meeting at 8, and should be on the road by 8:30. It should be about an hour to the pass. There'll be about 8-10 of us, unless some people bail. I'll be on a red Turner 5 Spot with a metallic green helmet--shouldn't be too hard to spot ;)

Did I forget anything??....

#6 ·
Nothing like climbing 1800 ft with a hangover, eh?

mtbdirteater said:
still don't know if I'm doing this yet...

Dave
Yeah, I know, we're cuttin' into your bar time. :cool:
I'm gonna be on the golf course all day tomorrow, so I may be in the same boat as you--the USS Hangover. :eek:

C'mon Dave, bring a little hair o' the dog and we'll have some fun :D I need to pick up a six pack or something for hydrating after the ride. I'm thinking some Sam Adams Lite would hit the spot, but something a little darker may be in order. Decisions, decisions.....

#7 ·
coolhandluchs said:
Yeah, I know, we're cuttin' into your bar time. :cool:
I'm gonna be on the golf course all day tomorrow, so I may be in the same boat as you--the USS Hangover. :eek:

C'mon Dave, bring a little hair o' the dog and we'll have some fun :D I need to pick up a six pack or something for hydrating after the ride. I'm thinking some Sam Adams Lite would hit the spot, but something a little darker may be in order. Decisions, decisions.....
Fat Tire or Singletrack...

I'll let you know. Been getting a lot of miles in on the bikes lately, but that spin class didn't phase me last night, so we'll see. That's just a bit early for me to get there, I'm not in Lakewood anymore.

Cheers,

Dave

#8 ·
Singletrack it is...

...Fat Tire gives me a headache. It is yummy though.

Darren & I will be coming out of the DTC, so we'll be out the door by 7:30. That's the problem with high country rides...gotta get up so damn early. :(

Anyway, hopefully we'll see ya there, if not, I'm bringing back some pix.

#9 ·
Ok you are on Dan ...be there at one of the locations...

coolhandluchs said:
I've got a bunch of people going up to Kenosha Pass this Sunday. If you're interested, we're meeting at the gravel lot across from the Conoco at C470 and Morrison Rd at 8am and then heading up. Should be all levels of riders going.

I'll be in a red Toyota truck with a red Turner.

Later--Dan
on time ...hoping :) But i will be there ... red FSR Red MXC fork .. silver Civic ..and a super - clyde :D

Scott

#14 ·
You may have to be a member (heh, heh, member)

ibmkidIII said:
hmm..works fine for me...maybe you need to be a member of the group and signed in....
There's been some trouble with spammers on that site, so you may have to sign up to view the pix.

I'll throw some up here. Enjoy :D

1) Dave (mtbdirteater) just cruisin' along
2) Ken gettin' tricky. Believe it or not, he saved this and rode to safety
3) Simon flying over a bridge on the way back
4) The view from "lunch rock"
5) Scott and Ken blazing down some sweet alpine singletrack

Attachments

#15 ·
Hey nice to meet you all...

Sorry it has taken me so long to let you all know thanks for the invite to Kenosha ...next time ill bag it but for now I have to get use to hours of climbing not like Chicago area where there is none at all... neverthless it was really fun keep me posted on other rides ...always on the weekends !

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.