mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Kenosha to Breckenridge

I saw a thread on here a couple of weeks ago that Kenosha pass to Georgia pass was clear with the exception of some trees down climbing out of Jefferson, does anyone know or have any additional information on this trail all the way to Breckenridge? I have only done this ride one other time and it was 4th of July, I am going to ride it this sunday, just not sure how far yet. Thanks in advance. Also, we are riding this with a small group (2-4 riders) early on sunday any takers?
    let's take the long way home

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan303
    I saw a thread on here a couple of weeks ago that Kenosha pass to Georgia pass was clear with the exception of some trees down climbing out of Jefferson, does anyone know or have any additional information on this trail all the way to Breckenridge?

A couple of weeks ago the area was getting pounded with 4' of snow on top off the last 4' of snow the week before. A-Basin is still running lifts.

What are you riding ? The only thing that can make it right now is this

Are you possibly referring to THIS post and not notice the date ? This is the only post about Kenosha since October.

I dream on two wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan303
    I saw a thread on here a couple of weeks ago that Kenosha pass to Georgia pass was clear with the exception of some trees down climbing out of Jefferson, does anyone know or have any additional information on this trail all the way to Breckenridge? I have only done this ride one other time and it was 4th of July, I am going to ride it this sunday, just not sure how far yet. Thanks in advance. Also, we are riding this with a small group (2-4 riders) early on sunday any takers?
    I tried Kenosha to Georgia knowing that I would run into snow before the summit. I ran into snow right after the turn off of West Jefferson trail (or whatever the name is) about 6 miles in. Up till that point it was in great condition though.
    Whiskey

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

well maybe I am a little over anxious

to start doing big rides, I guess its back to buffalo creek!
    let's take the long way home

"Oldfart from Wayback"
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonns
    I ran into snow right after the turn off of West Jefferson trail (or whatever the name is) about 6 miles in. Up till that point it was in great condition though.

That's what I would expect. I see the campgrounds at Jefferson lake are opening though. Time for a ride from Jefferson, S to the Wilderness boundry (or so) next weekend

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    There is still a LOT of snow in the high country. Look for Kenosha to Breck to be clear and dry mid-late June at the earliest. Late June early July is not uncommon.