mtbr member

Just a Question....

Ok, So we've talked about the most technical trail, the newest trail,and perhaps even the most crowded trail. So how about the most jaw dropping, gotta get off the bike to take this in, I can't remember the last i saw something like this, Beautiful Trail. Now I know every trail has its beauty, and here on the Fr. range, in one of the best states for the sport, there are sure to be quite A few. It could be the time you were alone at the bench at Hall Ranch at sunrise watching A coyote looking for his b-fast, or the top of Apex with the 1st. night ride of the season. .......just a question.. and no, you do not have to name that trail. lets try to keep it to the F.R.
    Last edited by Soulbiker; 04-11-2006 at 06:14 AM.

Time is not a road.
    I really like the Foothills trail in Fort Collins. The views across the Horsetooth Reservoir into Lory St Pk and HTMP are really excellent, especially in a state where large bodies of water are few and far between.

The top loop at Hall, riding towards Long's Peak/Mt Meeker are really spectacular as well.

mtbr member
    Well, it's pretty hard to beat the two sections of trail along S. Boulder Creek up at Walker Ranch.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The view north from Millers rock, cold PBR in hand as the sun begins to set. Makes the workday tolerable.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

i took the wheels home
    Two good ones that I can think of (for as much as you will call them 'trails'):

East Research Park in Boulder on any given Wednesday night during the summer short track series. Watching the sun set behind the Indian Peaks and a thunderstorm out east, sending a rainbow over the People's Republic.

East Boulder Trail between Valmont and Arapahoe at sunset. You can take in the immensity of the snow-capped mountains to the west and the relatively green plains out east. Just beware of the cow poo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 70-Spokes
    sending a rainbow over the People's Republic.
    Isn't there always a rainbow over Boulder?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Just go ride!
    The most recent jaw-dropping, pedal-stopping sight I saw was riding Betasso in the snow about a month ago. It was foggy/rainy/drizzley in Boulder, but bright and sunny up at Betasso with snow crusted trees, and a blanket of coulds over Boulder and the eastern plains as far as you could see. I wish I had a pic! So bummed I didn't bring my camera on that ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulbiker
    ...Beautiful Trail.
    The Mt Falcon climb early am during the summer has some views. The 7am sun makes things look greener. Looking down on Red Rocks from Falcon in total silence that early is good stuff. So is catching deer a few miles later on the Bear Creek loop.

Just hope I don't catch a mountain lion
    Attached Images Attached Images