mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Just moved from Pa, looking for a few new places to ride...

I moved out here for school from Philly at the end of last summer and i have this whole summer to explore. i have a few longer trips planned to Moab and such, but i'd like to find some cool new spots within 2 hours of Laramie (a bit longer of a ride is OK too). Got down to Soapstone Prairie yesterday 5/9 for a solid ride. The Mahogany loop and the Cheyenne Rim Trail are both really sweet. Amazing veiws on the Cheyeene Rim Trail as well. The other spots i go to a lot more are Curt Gowdy, which is amazing. and Happy Jack right near Gowdy.

All three of these spots are great, but i'm always looking for new rides. Can anyone offer a few good places to go?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Snowy Range.

holding back the darkness
    Stop in at the Pedal House and talk to Joel and Carl.

mtbr member
    Horsetooth/Lory just west of Fort Collins.
    Red Feather Lakes
    Colorado State Forest State Park and Cameron Pass area (I plan on organizing a loooong ride in this area for August...will post here)
    Summit County (only ridden there three times myself, but there's a lot)

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been up to Snowy Range. thats some good riding too. I'm guessing that won't thaw out for a bit tho. The guys at the P-House are great (Joel and Pedar particularly), I've gotten some good advice from them for spots to ride. It changed owners tho, i don't think Carl is there anymore.

holding back the darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by too40sx
    The guys at the P-House are great (Joel and Pedar particularly), I've gotten some good advice from them for spots to ride. It changed owners tho, i don't think Carl is there anymore.
    I remember hearing that was on the horizon. Jojo is an excellent mechanic, a natural with tools. He once produced a battery-driven sawzall from thin air to help.... er... remove a parking boot from my Jeep. It proved unnecessary however, as the private parking enforcers in Boulder are easily duped with smooth talking and shiny objects.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    What kind of riding do you want to do?