mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Just moved to Boulder

Hey all, new to the forums. I jsut moved out to boulder and picked up a Kona for a commuter since I'm a broke college student that can't afford gas. Then I founda trail and now im hooked. I've been going to (I think) the Table Mesa park in Superior but I want to find something a bit more technical. What are my options within 1 hour of boulder?

Ride Everything
    Marshall Mesa?

Betasso Preserve and Walker Ranch aren't too far, and are more technical.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    An hour of Boulder? Pretty much every Front Range Jefferson County Park. White Ranch, Apex, Windy Saddle, Dakota Ridge, Matthews Winters, Red Rocks, Falcon, Lair of the Bear, Deer Creek... heck, I'd bet even Elk Meadow/Bergen Peak and Three Sisters would fall in the one hour realm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    woah, i have alot of exploring to do. is there a site that has all the maps or downloads for google earth?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderMike
    woah, i have alot of exploring to do. is there a site that has all the maps or downloads for google earth?
    Look up Jefferson County Open Space on Google. The main site has links to maps of all the parks.

skillz to pay billz
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    An hour of Boulder? Pretty much every Front Range Jefferson County Park. White Ranch, Apex, Windy Saddle, Dakota Ridge, Matthews Winters, Red Rocks, Falcon, Lair of the Bear, Deer Creek... heck, I'd bet even Elk Meadow/Bergen Peak and Three Sisters would fall in the one hour realm.
    don't forget about boulder county. sourdough, west magnolia, SSV, dots. then there's golden gate park.

feel the Force
    Sourdough and SSV are your best bets for techy stuff, close to home. Pick up a Latitude 40 map, at most bike shops, and go explore!

crashes in parkinglot
    Maybe I'm being a little too causious here but....
    Before you go crazy and jump from Table Mesa and head up into Sourdough / south saint vrain (advanced and highly technical). I'd highly recommend hitting some of the Ned trails, not as tech as SD/SSV. Alot narrower than the mesa trails in the cities and more flow and INHO more of a REAL trail and a hoot for most range of rider skills.

I've taken someone up to SSV that had alot of years of riding under their belt, they weren't a tech junky like most of the front range folks and he didn't like the area that much.

I might be heading up to Ned on Monday (open invite to all), for a relaxing ( ie I take brakes on the climbs so I can find my lungs and legs) and I don't mind showing new folks the mapped trails in that area. Kitchenware are you in?

VooDoo user.
    Grab a Lat. 40 front range or boulder county map. Good place to start and you can take it with you so you don't get lost on the trail.

Card Carrying Member
    I'm in...

BTW, I'm looking to do something lazyish, but fun this evening. Maybe a slow trip up the backside of Hall on the heavy bike and a sunset beater on the way back down the frontside. I'm recovering from a wicked cold and sore from a crash yesterday, but I wanna ride. Anyone?

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Maybe a slow trip up the backside of Hall on the heavy bike and a sunset beater on the way back down the frontside. I'm recovering from a wicked cold and sore from a crash yesterday, but I wanna ride. Anyone?
    I'd might be interested, give me a call.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Not quite "just" moved to Boulder

Hey there,
    I have been in Boulder in 2006 for 6 month as an exchange student (from Germany) and liked it alot so I came back in January 2008. I will be here for a couple more years.
    Unfortunately some my bike buddies from 2006 have left Boulder, so I am looking for some people to ride with, mostly on weekends (during the week I usually don't have much time).

I would say I ride an "average" pace uphill & downhill (I have a 5inch travel bike): so if you're fast, you're gonna be faster than me...

PM or email me

Thanks
    Sebastian

Rolling
    "N" bus is your friend. 8:10 am, Boulder station.

www.rtd-denver.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderMike
    I really like the info on www.singletracks.com. Most of the info is free, just trail maps and elevation charts are part of the subscription level.