Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!

Just how heavy is a Cliff Shot wrapper anyhow?

If you're one of those leg shaving, 17# bike riding, spandex clad, HR monitor on even in the shower ******t@rds who think that your race results are SO important that you can't be bothered to stuff your wrapper back into your jersey pocket - and instead opt to leave it in the middle of a 100 mile race course under the assumption that a race volunteer is going to sweep the entire f'n course picking up trash that your entitled, b1tch @ss was too blown to carry out - stick to the spin classes.

It's not like you're in the Olympics and the balance of your racing career hangs on you behaving like an entitled, littering POS, 'kay Skippy? It simply doesn't matter how fast, factory, or important you feel, it's trailer trash behavior. Knock it the F off, or move to the South.

I hate to add to the incessant "what about me and my feelings" whine-fests that have cluttered the FR board lately - but there is simply NO EXCUSE for throwing your sh-t on the ground unless your idea of time on the bike consists of going to Bally's and grinding away in an enclosed room. There is no way that an army of volunteers can offset such ******baggery on such a grand scale as that witnessed today in BC.

For the record - this rant is not aimed at XC racers, DHers, race organizers, roadies, guys who simply enjoy shaving their legs, people who ride 17# bikes, racers who are blown, dems, repubs, or even that shameless tw@t Rush Limbaugh - it's aimed at the entitled ish-heads who think that a bit of oxygen debt justifies throwing their trash around like some KFC eating hillbilly on a month long meth binge. For the love of all that is worth riding, quit behaving like DBs...
    Now with more vitriol!

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    If you're one of those leg shaving, 17# bike riding, spandex clad, HR monitor on even in the shower ******t@rds who think that your race results are SO important that you can't be bothered to stuff your wrapper back into your jersey pocket - and instead opt to leave it in the middle of a 100 mile race course under the assumption that a race volunteer is going to sweep the entire f'n course picking up trash that your entitled, b1tch @ss was too blown to carry out - stick to the spin classes.

It's not like you're in the Olympics and the balance of your racing career hangs on you behaving like an entitled, littering POS, 'kay Skippy? It simply doesn't matter how fast, factory, or important you feel, it's trailer trash behavior. Knock it the F off, or move to the South.

I hate to add to the incessant "what about me and my feelings" whine-fests that have cluttered the FR board lately - but there is simply NO EXCUSE for throwing your sh-t on the ground unless your idea of time on the bike consists of going to Bally's and grinding away in an enclosed room. There is no way that an army of volunteers can offset such ******baggery on such a grand scale as that witnessed today in BC.

For the record - this rant is not aimed at XC racers, DHers, race organizers, roadies, guys who simply enjoy shaving their legs, people who ride 17# bikes, racers who are blown, dems, repubs, or even that shameless tw@t Rush Limbaugh - it's aimed at the entitled ish-heads who think that a bit of oxygen debt justifies throwing their trash around like some KFC eating hillbilly on a month long meth binge. For the love of all that is worth riding, quit behaving like DBs...
    Nice rant How many wrappers are we talking about here?

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Best post ever!

After riding at BC today, I have to agree that the f'tards that do this crap are major league over developed sense of entitlement ******bags.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    Nice rant How many wrappers are we talking about here?
    Hundreds. It was insanity.

I went back and forth about posting this because I did not want it to appear that I was attacking the organizers or anything of the sort, but the fact of the matter is that the above mentioned behavior makes ALL of us look bad, racers, recreational riders, organizers, etc... This "practice" has bothered me for more than a decade, yet I've never even seen it mentioned, so...
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    If someone's got enough energy to lift their arm to their mouth to use the energy gel, they should have plenty left to stuff the spent wrapper back into the jersey or under one of the bike shorts' leg. Couldn't agree more. Sick of the "me firsts and gimme-gimmes".

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    What did you expect?
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Your surly rant impresses me and I would like to buy you a beer.

mtbr member
    Godzilla for president
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    What did you expect?
    Honestly? I expected maybe half of what I saw. I get that things happen, I would likely not turn around on a race course to pick up my wrapper if I dropped (by accident) it in the middle of my run, but this was over the top - stuff thrown everywhere, as if some cosmic shop vac were going to come along and suck it up from every nook and cranny after the race.
    Now with more vitriol!

Rigid in Evergreen
    That rant should have no problem qualifying you for a Colorado MMJ card

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    That rant should have no problem qualifying you for a Colorado MMJ card
    I have a strong suspicion it wouldn't help on this matter.
    Now with more vitriol!

This place is wasteland
    +1

Those d-bags threw their empty water bottles on the ground all over the place too... a$$hats.

Yappy little dog!
    Forget the wrappers. I counted no less than 20 water bottles from Miller Gulch to the end.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    +1

those d-bags threw their empty water bottles on the ground all over the place too... A$$hats.
    +++++++1

This place is wasteland
    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
    +1

Those d-bags threw their empty water bottles on the ground all over the place too... a$$hats.
    I must admit, I was in the race... but did not participate in the d-baggery... It was surely done by the "elite" ahead of me.

mtbr member
    +100 as well.

I thought of collecting all the gel wrappers I saw on the Beaver Creek X-terra course last year and dumping them on the desk of the event promoter.

Inexcusable but typical.

Rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Forget the wrappers. I counted no less than 20 water bottles from Miller Gulch to the end.
    My fave is the dog poop nicely bagged and even tied shut, left presumably by the runner-- or walker to get in the trash on their way back....only that they forget!

Oh wait, this was a race....It was okay and expected. There was a cleanup run after.. The race promoters are suppose to clean the course. Blame them I guess.
    Last edited by lidarman; 06-18-2011 at 09:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I was racing today and I can't even count the number of red cliff shot wrappers i saw on the ground. LAME!!!!!

not actually bad :)
    I went riding Thurs with a couple new buddies, and a not so new buddy (in Boulder County - even though there's no riding there). I think one of them may have seen me drop the TOP part of a Cliff Bar (fingernail size-ish). This was at the farthest part of our ride, and we were VERY tired! Went to pick it up, wind blew it 10 feet away. Went and picked it up anyway.
    My son always picks up other people's trash when we hike and ride.
    People like the subject of the OP's rant amaze me, and not in a good way.
    Good job Godz- world-class rant there.
    I think Lidarman's subject are my faves as well.
    Would like to see someone doing that, and have a chat!
    Old Codger

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Wasnt going to complain about it till i saw this thread but i shot over from pine valley to see a few of y'all finishing near the CT jct. and picked up a fair share that i ran across- no big deal- they could have just fallen out- my rant is they werent completely empty and they leaked all down my pack and on my A$$ and then stuck on my seat in the truck - oh well! Glad everybody stayed all Gelled up out there!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    Wasnt going to complain about it till i saw this thread but i shot over from pine valley to see a few of y'all finishing near the CT jct. and picked up a fair share that i ran across- no big deal- they could have just fallen out- my rant is they werent completely empty and they leaked all down my pack and on my A$$ and then stuck on my seat in the truck - oh well! Glad everybody stayed all Gelled up out there!
    Eewwww! There's probably backwash in there.

BTW, race event guys were supposed to go back along the course, take down signs, and pick up trash. I know these guys did/will do that.

Good on ya, PBR. All I ever see are spent ammo.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Yah i found a full 5 hr energy sitting up all neatly next to the trail - so i downed it- thanks for the boost! but ive been seeing some weird colors and nothing in my house looks familiar and i swore i had a chocolate lab- now all i see is some kind of Chihuahua....... weird..........and my house used to have stairs......
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    Yah i found a full 5 hr energy sitting up all neatly next to the trail - so i downed it- thanks for the boost! but ive been seeing some weird colors and nothing in my house looks familiar and i swore i had a chocolate lab- now all i see is some kind of Chihuahua....... weird..........and my house used to have stairs......
    Sounds like every night after I take my Ambien. You are a brave man.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    +1 World-class post and I couldn't agree more! It's inexcusable and I don't care who you are, it's a blatant disrespect for our beautiful trails.... moreover, on almost every course, the post-race clean-up misses trash that we end up cleaning up. To those of you that perpetrate this crime.... how hard is it to stuff the empty gel back in your jersey pocket?

banned
    ...and people wonder why I have decried amateur MTB racing on public lands for many years.

After riding the 24HOM course the day after the race in Moab, it was plenty enough to turn me against the d-baggery of it all. Endless wrappers, too many lame "mojos" to count and off-trail cryptobiotic soil damage for miles.

Sad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast