Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Just a heads up about Keystone!

Keystone will be closed for the next 2 WEEKS!

FIrst email I got:
    Summit Express Lift is closed to all foot and bike traffic this week

Monday, July 28 through Friday, August 1

As well we are expected to be closed

Monday, August 4 through Friday, August 8

Now the Second:
    Do to the new River Run Gondola construction, the Summit Express Chairlift and the Keystone Bike Park will be CLOSED SATURDAY, AUGUST 2nd AND SUNDAY, AUGUST 3rd.

SO it looks like the earliest it will be open again is August 9th...

Inflexable...
    Dumbass Mother****ing *******S!!!

I have been planning this trip there for over a month now and now they let us know!!!

ASSWIPES!!!
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Dumbass Mother****ing *******S!!!

I have been planning this trip there for over a month now and now they let us know!!!

ASSWIPES!!!
    Good excuse to drink more beer, how about a K>B shuttle instead?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    $hite.... AzzzWipes!!!!! I cannot believe this, I have 3 friends coming in from out of town to ride Keystone then hit Blues and Brews. We've planned this for 6 weeks now.

If Keystone had effectively and consistently communicated this we would have altered our plans but my friends are already on their way out here. WEAK!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    There are 8 of us coming up for beer and blues this weekend. We have been planning it since beer and blues last year. It was bad enough when we had to find someplace else to ride friday and monday, but to wipe out both sat and sun 3 days prior shows just how little biking means to Vail Resorts

Your retarded
    Keystone has been relaying this for months. Maybe not this exact weekend, but they have been very vocal with their warnings that there will be significant closures throughout the summer. IMO, they've done a pretty good job about communicating the closures when they are aware they'll occur.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

..ouch
    And.. SV will be having the MSC races and WP will be having Crankworx. Looks like a tough weekend for recreational lift riding..

enlightened.
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Keystone has been relaying this for months. Maybe not this exact weekend, but they have been very vocal with their warnings that there will be significant closures throughout the summer. IMO, they've done a pretty good job about communicating the closures when they are aware they'll occur.
    Stop looking at things objectively. The internets isn't for that. It's for fighting and complaining.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    OH MAN!!! Will WP still be open to DH or is that going to be closed due to CW? Will Sol Vista keep Drifter and Cougar open on Sunday or will it be racing only?

And Nickle... I don't entirely agree with your endorsement of Keystone's communication policy. They have to understand that they are a destination resort with people coming in from all over the country to ride. They have consistently communicated up until this morning that the resort would be open this weekend. If they would have simply communicated this earlier we would have been able to plan accordingly.

Inflexable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Shut up and go back to work before I talk with your boss...

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by athalliah
    Stop looking at things objectively. The internets isn't for that. It's for fighting and complaining.
    Nickle has gotten really soft since he offered to hug Schnauzers over his apology.

Has vail mountain built anything new, or is it the same old dreck that they've had for years?

Outcast
    [QUOTE=edenger]OH MAN!!! Will WP still be open to DH or is that going to be closed due to CW? Will Sol Vista keep Drifter and Cougar open on Sunday or will it be racing only?QUOTE]

There will be closures at WP. From the crankworks website:

Thursday, 7/31
    Lower Roof of the Rockies, Long Trail, Gunbarrel, Fantasy Meadow, Mountain Goat, Lonesome Whistle, and The Boulevard below 300 Yard Walk closed until 11:00am.

Cheyenne and The Boulevard closed 11:00am - 2:30pm.

Friday, 8/1
    Mountain Goat closed until around 4:00pm.

Saturday, 8/2
    Lower Arapahoe, Long Trail below 4 Points, and The Boulevard below ard walk closed until around 2:30pm. Riders of Long Trail to Four Points will be routed onto Upper Cherokee to Tunnel Hill to get back to the base. Riders of The Boulevard at 300 Yard Walk will be routed on to Boot Camp.

http://www.crankworxcolorado.com/trail.html

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    They are using a heavy lift helicopter to fly lifts and scheduling with heli companies is very difficult, especially with so many of them on contract to fight fires in CA. You often have to go with when they are available, not when you want and they often give very short notice.

Besides, there's lot's of great XC riding out there.....

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Nickle has gotten really soft since he offered to hug Schnauzers over his apology.
    I'm buying him a bigger monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Has vail mountain built anything new, or is it the same old dreck that they've had for years?
    You will not find anything new or be very welcomed at Vail. That's after paying a premium to ride up on the Gondola.

Isn't Crankworx this weekend? Why not go to WP since they'll be all decked out anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    What, people will have to ride uphill?!!

A somewhat related note. I thought they were building the gondy back into the parking lot and I see it only moved across the bridge. Seems like a lot of work to move the load zone 40 yards.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by teleken

A somewhat related note. I thought they were building the gondy back into the parking lot and I see it only moved across the bridge. Seems like a lot of work to move the load zone 40 yards.

I was under the impression that it was to move to the "village" for two reasons:

1. Give the alps impression with a lift in a village.

2. Stop hordes of people from congregating just after the bridge. I can't tell you how many times I have been smacked in the head with skis (like the three stooges) from tourons smoking like fiends with there skis over the shoulders.

mtbr member
    What a bummer! Will have to ride WP. There is just no alternative to get at least one day of riding in...

Keystone actually completely rips and replaces the old gondola. This includes base, top and all poles in between. Quite a construction project. Still bummed that they close even on a weekend now.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

Goofing off?
    Why not just shuttle Apex?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Renegade, thanks for the info.

One more question: I'm looking at the map and was wondering how the traverse from end of Mt Goat to Lower Arapahoe is? is it a climb, flat, or DH? Thanks

Inflexable...
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm

Master of the obvious...

We go to Keystone to ride down, not up...

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by edenger
    Renegade, thanks for the info.

One more question: I'm looking at the map and was wondering how the traverse from end of Mt Goat to Lower Arapahoe is? is it a climb, flat, or DH? Thanks
    it's been a few years; as I remember it, there's a bunch of climbing. I recall hating it; it's no place to be if you have a heavy bike and you're wearing body armor.
    Did they ever open up the second lift that would take you back up to the top from near the bottom of mtn. goat?

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by teleken

This might be speculation, but I thought they were adding a stop at mid-mountain also..

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    This might be speculation, but I thought they were adding a stop at mid-mountain also..
    They are and that will be a welcome change from the iced out custer fvck that is river run.

Boo to not being open this weekend, where the hell i'm I going to ride with everything f-ed up near by? Snowmass? quick trip to Whistler

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Bummer...I was looking forward to a nice deserted weekend up there with SV and Crankworx going on.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers
    I'm buying him a bigger monitor

You will not find anything new or be very welcomed at Vail. That's after paying a premium to ride up on the Gondola.
    What's this based on? I've heard (from some reliable Summit county peeps) that Vail opened a new trail last year. How welcomed you are or expensive it is, is subjective...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast