crashes in parkinglot

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Just in case you intend to cruise I25 on Saturday...

Just in case you intend to cruise I25 on Saturday...

DENVER POLICE DEPARTMENT
    Gerald R. Whitman, Chief of Police
    The mission of the Denver Police Department is to deliver high quality public safety services so all people may share a safe and healthy environment.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

Date: March 30, 2006
    To: All Denver Police Officers, Media, Denver City Council, and
    Denver
    Community Associations.
    Address: Office of the Chief
    1331 Cherokee St., Denver, CO 80204
    Phone: 720-913-6028
    Fax: 720-913-7021

PRESS RELEASE

On Saturday, April 8, 2006, the Denver Police Department Traffic Operations Bureau in conjunction with law enforcement agencies throughout the metropolitan area will be conducting multi-jurisdictional speed enforcement along Interstate 25. Beginning at 6 a.m., law enforcement officers will conduct a joint briefing at Invesco Field in Denver. Following the briefing officers will report to their respective jurisdictions, monitoring and enforcing speed limits on I-25 from Castle Rock to Adams County.

Excessive speed is recognized as a significant contributing factor in the number and severity of motor vehicle crashes on highways. This combined strategy is an effort to promote public safety through education, high visibility and effective enforcement.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll likely be cruising I-70 on Saturday, but if the snow doesn't add up like they say it will I may have to hit Palmer now that everyone has me all geeked up about it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    This combined strategy is an effort to promote public safety through education, high visibility and effective enforcement.
    Great post!

LOL!

It should read this is a strategy to make a bunch of money$$$!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeandski
    Great post!

LOL!

It should read this is a strategy to make a bunch of money$$$!
    There is no greater evil in society than speeders - lock'em all away, I say.

I'm sure that there's going to be a very noticable decline in speeders after this weekend - maybe those of us heading north up I-25 on Fridays will have to kick it down from 90 to 87 as a show of solidarity with local law enforcement.
    Now with more vitriol!

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Lock 'em away?

And let them live?????? I'd say mandatory executions!

Looks like a good day to be a lesser criminal.... "Where are the all the police today?"

Thanks for the warning!