mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! join/volunteer/donate -- make a difference

okay so i try to refrain from gettin' on the soapbox more than once a year, so i figure i'm about due...

in light of the recent threads about: potential massive trail closures on public lands, rules of the trail (right of way), and trail building practices, i'd just like to take this opportunity to encourage (not guilt) everyone who rides our glorious trails to get involved.

whether that means joining a formal, organized group (IMBA, COMBA, BMA, FRMBP, TE, etc.), donating money to the above, volunteering for a trail day, writing a letter, or attending a key meeting w/ land owners/stewards, everything we do makes a difference.

[SIZE="3"]power in numbers[/SIZE] folks.

i, for one, want my daughter & my son to have the same opportunities that i had growing up in this beautiful state to hop on a bike and explore-- whether to get away, for exercise, technical challenge, or the kinship of like-minded friends, our trails are special and should not be taken for granted.

back to your regularly scheduled programming.

IMBA -- www.imba.com
    COMBA -- comba.org
    BMA -- boa-mtb.org/
    FRMBP -- www.frmbp.org/
    TE -- www.teamevergreen.org

(thank you)
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Medicine Wheel www.medwheel.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BonkedAgain
    Medicine Wheel www.medwheel.org
    right on...

i realize there are dozens i've neglected to mention. a few more that come to mind:

Clear Creek Trail Society (though not sure how "formal" this group is... yet)
    Crested Butte Mountain Bike Assocation
    Summit Fat Tire Society

there is much at stake for all of us, no matter whose card you carry.

cheeseburger in paradise
    A couple more to add to the mix for Northern Colorado (and southern Wyoming) are the Diamond Peaks Mountain Bike Patrol (dpmbp.org) and Team BOB (www.coteambob.org).

Get involved and give back. Don't take your trails and trail access for granted.