I can't ride 45!

Join COMBA for a weekend of trail building in Buffalo Creek on May 22nd and 23rd

Join us for a fun weekend of trail building, camping, and friends in Buffalo Creek on the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd. Our April weekend was a huge success which saw the construction and armoring of several difficult rock sections and new singletrack leading to the peak of the ridge. In the upcoming build weekend we will be continuing work on the "black diamond trail" on building transitions from drops, berms, and connecting the trail to its lower intersection with Homestead trail. We also will be working on twisty new section of trail on Charlie's Cut-off. 

This weekend will be back-to-the-basics camping weekend. Join us for a single day or camp with us through the weekend. Beer will be provided  and brats will be on the grill Saturday afternoon.

Please RSVP using the link below and help us complete the trail in 2010:

http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo-creek-trail-building-day-volunteer-registration

In the Fall 2008, a group of local riders led by Keith Clarke and Stu Miller flagged a trail corridor which climbs to the top of a rocky ridge before descending back into the valley.  Construction began last year with volunteers contributing over 1,000 hours of work, but there is still much to be done. 

We have ten trail building days scheduled for this year: 4/17, 5/22 & 23, 6/19, 7/24 & 25, 8/21, 9/11, 9/25 and 10/16. The events on 5/22-23 and 7/24-25 will be back-to-the-basics camping weekends held at the Miller Gulch Trailhead. Note that our original opening trail buildig day on 3/27 has been canceled due to weather.

Please join us by RSVP'ing for one of our volunteer trail building days or find out more about the project.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bump

New trails don't just magically appear. But, this will be a magical trail once complete. To partake in the magic, we need your help. Sign up and c'mon out this weekend... one day, both days, whatever works. Me thinks there might be some food and liquid libations... errrr, beer, Saturday eve. See you there.

mtbr member
    I'm signed up for Saturday and will be camping, but unfortunately have to get back Sunday morning. Weather is looking good.

Yappy little dog!
    Heading up early on Friday! Time to start my usual OCD of preparing way too much in advance.

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    Rock on - I'll be there.

mtbr member
    I'm down for a day. The more peeps we have the sooner we can be riding this trail so come on out and lend a hand.
    Yield to downhill

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'll be there with my chainsaw sharp and full of gas!

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    I'm sure there will be some picture taking, if someone wouldn't mind update this section for me, after the weekend. Thanks! I'll be in Vancouver for some more hockey.

hope to be back up to work on this section- its been bugging me leaving it unfinished!
    Join COMBA for a weekend of trail building in Buffalo Creek on May 22nd and 23rd-id-ra-ha-je-misc-150.jpg
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    I'm sure there will be some picture taking, if someone wouldn't mind update this section for me, after the weekend. Thanks! I'll be in Vancouver for some more hockey.

hope to be back up to work on this section- its been bugging me leaving it unfinished!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	id ra ha je & misc 150.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	544671

That looks familiar

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

No Worries PBR...

Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	id ra ha je & misc 150.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	544671

Not sure we'll get to that section this weekend. With a little luck it will still be there when come out next time. BTW, we were up there about two weeks ago and it had filled in real nice. Amazing what a little rain can do.

WARNING, WARNING... when fireclimber gets the old saw cranked up, stand back!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Directions?

Hey all. We are bringing about 5 coming down tonight. I did a cursory look and couldn't find directions on how to get to Miller Gulch Campground. Can someone point me in the correct direction (go ahead funny guys, say west)? I've always parked at the ranger station. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey Fredbohm...

All the info you need is right here. Look for the link to a map at the bottom of the page.
    OK, I'll bite... west. See you there.

http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo...er-information

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Knew it was right in front of my face! Oh well, thanks for the info Casey.