Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    icegeek is hot

Jefferson County Open Space 2011 Citizen Survey: REPRESENT!

In case you didn't get the email ... LINKY --> Jefferson County Open Space 2011 Citizen Survey.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Friend and Jefferson County Resident:

Thank you for participating in the first ever survey dedicated solely to Jefferson County Open Space. Your responses will help us gain a better understanding of your preferences and values so they can be addressed in future activities. Please be assured that your responses and contact information are confidential and will only be reported as part of a larger group.

Jefferson County Open Space was established by voters in 1972 and is funded with a 1/2 cent sales tax. Those funds are used to enrich life in our County by conserving land for wildlife and nature, scenic quality, outdoor recreation, and for nature and history education programs. Since our inception, we have preserved over 51,000 acres of land, created 28 parks and 210 miles of trails. Although Open Space funds have also been used to assist cities and recreation districts within the County for their local parks and open space priority projects, the purpose of this study is focused primarily on Jefferson County Open Space Parks.

Just to make this a little more fun, we will enter all completed surveys into a drawing for one of five $75 GIFT CERTIFICATES to a grocery store of your choice.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Happy Trails,
    Tom Hoby, CPRP
    Director of Parks & Open Space

banned
    but...i live in boulder county

Yappy little dog!
    Unfortunately, this is only given to those whom JCOS has already signed up. The majority of those users are NOT MTB. I wish people would make cards with the link and hand them out to every mountain biker you see on the trail. Of course, it is now the "off" season, so even those contacts are diminished.

An organization should make up reminder cards and place them in bike shops. That would be a big help. Then again, Tom and crew will just alter the data anyway.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Done. Thanks for the link!

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
    Jefferson County Open Space was established by voters in 1972 and is funded with a 1/2 cent sales tax. Those funds are used to enrich life in our County by preserving land for wildlife and nature, scenic quality, passive outdoor recreation, and for nature and history education programs.
    Fixed.

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Unfortunately, this is only given to those whom JCOS has already signed up. The majority of those users are NOT MTB. I wish people would make cards with the link and hand them out to every mountain biker you see on the trail. Of course, it is now the "off" season, so even those contacts are diminished.

An organization should make up reminder cards and place them in bike shops. That would be a big help. Then again, Tom and crew will just alter the data anyway.
    Occupy Open Space? We are the 99%?

Heh.

Just fill out the damn survey and spread the word, Eeyore.

Yappy little dog!

Heh.

I did.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    but...i live in boulder county
    It is for all users, county resident or not. If you live in the County, they ask a few more questions about residency.

rubber side down
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Fixed.
    That might apply to Boulder...but not Jeffco...yet.

mtbr member

Tell em we need trails like these

I moved here from Georgia a year ago and I have noticed that we need some trails system like we had back there. Tell the Jeffco folks in this survey to get some trails systems like Chicopee woods and Blankets creek going. These are trail systems that are designed and run by IMBA organizations. Check these two websites for trails that are setup very well, designed by Mountain bikers.
    sorbawoodstock.org
    gainesvillesorba.org

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russman View Post
    That might apply to Boulder...but not Jeffco...yet.
    I know you're probably being sarcastic, but for those who don't know....

Unfortunately it does. It's in the tax code.

"The Open Space Program began in 1972 when the citizens of Jefferson County, Colorado believed so strongly in the need to preserve open space that they voted to tax themselves one-half of one percent on sales to fund planning, acquiring, maintaining and preserving open space properties."
    Locations and General Program Information - Open Space - Jefferson County, CO

There is a portion of the tax that can be used for active use recreation, but those funds must be applied for through a city or rec district. i.e Golden. This is where COMBA needs to focus their efforts. Propose a project that a city or rec district will support.

"Through the Joint Venture Capital Program, more than $28 million have been spent for parks, trails, golf courses, recreational improvements and development projects for cities and recreation districts located within Jefferson County. Between $1.5 and $2 million dollars are allocated each year through the Joint Ventures program. "
    Locations and General Program Information - Open Space - Jefferson County, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Done.

I'm sure the mail-out surveys has more to do with establishing a statistically-valid sample size, rather than some sort of conspiracy. That said, I'll still pass the link around!

Pivot Rider

Heh.

That's funny! Also, if you are on FaceBook, be sure to 'share' the link that TVC15 put up on the COMBA page. The Dirt Divas has it on their page as well. Get the word out and let's REPRESENT!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

650b me
    Done. I strongly encourage everyone who rides Jeffco trails to complete the survey. This is your chance to tell Jeffco OS what you think. Don't pass it up. Due by Dec 5.

Living the High Life
    Done.

And I requested a beer garden at the bottom of Apex. Shuttling makes me thirsty.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu View Post
    Done.

And I requested a beer garden at the bottom of Apex. Shuttling makes me thirsty.
    The Loaf Bar and Grill

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Rigid in Evergreen
    I ranted about all the off-leash dogs and little bags of poop littering the sides of the trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Survey completed...stressed the need for bike-only trails.

Chairman of the Beard
    little bags of poop littering the sides of the trail
    Arg, shoulda mentioned that. Survey already completed.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

Yappy little dog!
    Think long and hard when answering this survey. There are a lot of "rigged" questions in here that can be used in the opposite way intended. For instance, there is a question about supporting single use trails. If you support it, there is no tag as to whether you are supporting MTB or hiker. There is also a question about biker free, hiker free, etc. Watch your answers closely and think about them very logically. It's also funny how there are hiker, biker, and equestrian free, but no hiker and equestrian free. All surveys can be rigged to accommodate the owner. I have done it for IT surveys. We always come out smelling like roses. This survey is no different and JCOS will interpret it to how they see fit.

Just saying, be careful about your answers.

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    I ranted about all the off-leash dogs and little bags of poop littering the sides of the trail.
    All of which is preferrable to the huge piles of horse poop and horseshoe damage, IMO.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I also ranted on the horse poo issue. It's disgusting and they should be cleaned up after.

I also suggested more trails (plenty of space at the Cone...), some biker only trails, and extended park hours.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Think long and hard when answering this survey. There are a lot of "rigged" questions in here that can be used in the opposite way intended. For instance, there is a question about supporting single use trails. If you support it, there is no tag as to whether you are supporting MTB or hiker. There is also a question about biker free, hiker free, etc. Watch your answers closely and think about them very logically. It's also funny how there are hiker, biker, and equestrian free, but no hiker and equestrian free. All surveys can be rigged to accommodate the owner. I have done it for IT surveys. We always come out smelling like roses. This survey is no different and JCOS will interpret it to how they see fit.

Just saying, be careful about your answers.
    exactly

it's the dullards who knee-jerk their responses that give the gerry-riggers what they want

isn't that how the united states gub'mint works too?

Rigid in Evergreen
    I also mentioned adding some bisecting trails so folks could do shorter loops at CC (rather than out-n-backs) as an alternative to the day-specific closures.

And building the trail connecting Elk Meadow and Alderfer / Three Sisters already.

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    I also mentioned adding some bisecting trails so folks could do shorter loops at CC (rather than out-n-backs) as an alternative to the day-specific closures.
    Oh snap! Wish I had thought to put that on there -- Excellent suggestion!
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast