Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jeffco website post on Apex

4K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  ChromedToast 
#1 ·
#53 ·
05Willys said:
SOLUTION:
While leaving I noticed the lift was running at heritage square and though to myself they could make a KILLING if they threw a downhill course or two in there!!! And they could get the shuttle crew off of a trail that is not right for that kind of riding (way too many blind corners to ride super fast safely)

How now, do I get this in the works? I can write a business plan and run the numbers if anyone knows someone at Heritage Square to pitch to...
I've always thought that could be a win-win. It would get Heirtage Square some more business and would pull quite a few DH'ers off the trails. Even though Heritage Square is pretty small, it could actually turn into a cool scene, I think.

I rode Apex tonight too, but must've been well in front of you. I had a very pleasant experience and only encountered a few hikers and trail runners. No conflicts and everyone was smiling.

Though, there were a few large piles of fresh horse excrement in the middle of the main trail. Grrrrr....... I'm sure you saw them. And if those DH'ers were going too fast, I'm sure they ran right through them. Maybe that'll help teach 'em. :nono:

#55 ·
zorro said:
I could give a rat's arse what you categorize someone who is descending, just be mindful of those around you. No attitude, no holyer than thou, just don't want anyone getting hurt or coming away from their day hiking/running/riding horse thinking, "damn those mtn. bikers are gonna kill somebody". Anyone using gravity to go downhill (just like in skiing/snowboarding) should be in control at all times. One would think that should go without saying.
No arguement here.

#56 ·
TVC15 said:
IE, keep in mind, as a person who descends more often than you climb, it is not surprising that your perspective looks different from others who climb much more than you do. People who climb often run across more downhillers (shuttling or not) than you do as a person who climbs less often. Please don't discount their experiences.
Noted, as always.

I don't discount anyone's experience. Its perspective that gets everyone in a tizzy.

#57 ·
jwren00 said:
Nice attitude buddy.
What? Me?:D

With those of you with so few posts and no clue about how hard some of us have worked to keep trail open (and building more), please just don't comment. You shouldn't be in an unhappy mood and read a thread that makes you mad. I'm being sarcastic, but somewhat serious too.

I work with many on this forum to keep our rights to ride. Nothing less.

#60 ·
05Willys said:
I did see the horse crap and I am always a little pissed that Dog owners are fined for leaving little turds on the trail and horse owners can cover the whole trail in crap with a smile on their face.
Didn't you hear the theme of Obama? Its okay to be green. Seriously, Horses leave green poop... it helps keep the train green.

#62 ·
TVC15 said:
IE, keep in mind, as a person who descends more often than you climb, it is not surprising that your perspective looks different from others who climb much more than you do. People who climb often run across more downhillers (shuttling or not) than you do as a person who climbs less often. Please don't discount their experiences.
IE may climb less than he descends, but his climbs take longer, so I think it actually evens out. :p

#63 ·
05Willys said:
SOLUTION:
Just rode Apex and was pissed it the highschool downhill crew for trying to blow me off the trail while I was climbing
Did you want them to blow you on the trail, where everyone could see you?

05Willys said:
I am eventually going to purposely slam in to one of them!
My bike + me + all my gear weighs in at just over 300 pounds, you feeling lucky, punk?

:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.