Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    My leg feels funny

JeffCo Trail Building Signup

This was sent to me via another group, just passing it along

Trail Building - Jefferson County, Colorado

Thank you for your interest in helping us reclaim/rebuild our trails and clean up after the flooding. Staff is working to assess our entire trail system for damage. Next, we’ll determine an approach to return our system to normal as much as possible before winter is upon us. Reclamation will likely continue into Spring 2014.

Please fill out the form (in link above) so that we can let you know of upcoming projects. We appreciate your interest and support of Jeffco Open Space and your willingness to help by volunteering your time.

friend of Apex
    Signed up-
    Thanks
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

wanna be
    As am I, thanks for the heads up!
    mario

650b me
    Thanks for posting - signed up.

Formerly Carlos9
    I'm in
    You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough.

mtbr member
    I'm in!

mtbr member
    Signed up and sent a message out to my meetup group about volunteering. Hopefully we'll be bringing a lot of people once the first event is scheduled.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

Awesomist™
    Thanks for the heads up on this.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Done.

GL1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

JeffCo Trail Building Signup

I signed up and was posted for our group (core group of 20 guys, mailing list of 50).
    My most brilliant achievement was my ability to pursuade my wife to marry me. - Churchill

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    All we do is submit the form? Are any trail days scheduled thus far that we sign up for individually (per the instructions on the page)?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xjrides View Post
    All we do is submit the form? Are any trail days scheduled thus far that we sign up for individually (per the instructions on the page)?
    You're basically signing up for a mailing list. They should email you when a trail day is scheduled.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    signed up as well

Green Chile Enforcer
    Jun 2009
    I'm in.

mtbr member
    Just a heads up...MiniCrew will be at Matthew Winters doing trail work Thursday Sept. 19 @ 5:30pm. Please come join...

I work in .001 tolerances
    Quote Originally Posted by slow View Post
    i'm in.
    x2!

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It's great to see so many people wanting to help, but I'd temper any expectations you might have on how fast things are likely to go. I'm not sure about the specifics of JeffCo but if they're like a lot of land managers, they only have so many people to do the planning, logistics, crew leading, etc. Having too many volunteers isn't a bad problem to have, but it's still a problem in the sense that you have to have a plan on what you want to accomplish and how you're going to do it, then organize and supervise all those folks to keep things from turning into a cluster. All that takes time.

So add a good dose of patience to your enthusiasm 'cause it might be a while before things start to get really rolling and even then, it's going to be a matter of priorities. I'd like to be wrong and maybe I will be, but it could be several years before things are back to "normal" and keeping that enthusiasm over such a time period can be hard.

crash and burn at 45
    if you filled out the form, you got your invite for first day, which is Lair tomorrow 1-4pm. Go though the appropriate channels, don't just show up.
    COMBA fan boy card holder #1.

rubber side down
    Wow. Less than a 24 hour notice. I'm sure that won't affect their turnout or anything.

crash and burn at 45
    Each week, we will notify you of new projects.

Because of the historic damage from the storms, flood recovery projects will continue into 2014. If you cannot make any of the events this year, we look forward to seeing you at projects next year, including large-group Trail Day events.
    You being a negative nancy doesn't help our trails get fixed either. I got the email this morning. I just thought of posting it now, so yeah, a days notice. There were also other sign ups besides tomorrow.

But since you are just going off of what I said in my post, I take it that you didn't sign up or you would have known that. I am sure they are doing the best they can do with the large scale damage that they are dealing with. So like your mother always told you, "say something nice or don't say anything at all". When you get done pouting, cause you know I'm right, go do something positive instead of pounding your keyboard at me.

rubber side down
    No. I signed up. I received the email from Ms. Johns, and I'm excited to help rebuild. And you're wrong, there's only 2 events noted in the eventbrite page, and both are for tomorrow.

My only point was that they might have greater turnout if you give people a chance to arrange their schedules ahead of time so they can plan ahead. Sheesh. Climb off your high horse, ok?

crash and burn at 45
    I'm off the horse, but on the wagon.

They added 10/10 for Mathew Winters.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    exit question... if a whole bunch of mtn bikers show up to build trail and are then asked to "install" a switchback complete w/ a log water bar, do we instead build a properly radiused turn complete with an in sloped tread and proper drainage?

just curious...

Chairman of the Beard
    Quote Originally Posted by WilburKookmeyer View Post
    exit question... if a whole bunch of mtn bikers show up to build trail and are then asked to "install" a switchback complete w/ a log water bar, do we instead build a properly radiused turn complete with an in sloped tread and proper drainage?
    Maybe they'll have another trailbuilding day to set it back the way they want it, except only the hikers and equestrians will show up.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Trail repair at 1-4pm on a weekday? Is that an attempt on Jeffco's part to keep down the turnout?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast