Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Now Uploading

JeffCo Mountain Biker Town Meeting 02/10/05

To: All Mountain Bikers who ride in Jefferson County

Re: JEFFERSON COUNTY MTB TOWN MEETING

Are you concerned about:

County trails being closed to mountain bikers?

New parks with closures to bikes on alternating days?

County trail policy changing without public input?

Terrain park opening with no shuttle access?

Lack of communication with other trail user groups?

Cyclists in Jefferson County are organizing to work on issues important to mountain bikers in your area. We need your participation! All riding styles are welcome.

Please join us for a town meeting

Thursday, Feb 10, 2005 at 7:00 p.m.

Jefferson County Open Space Building

700 Jefferson County Parkway

Golden CO 80401

Ponderosa Room (enter on East side of Building)

Link to map: http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/ext/images/complex.gif

Changes are affecting these parks and may be coming to your favorite soon:

Centennial Cone

Deer Creek Canyon

Hildebrand Ranch

North Table Mesa

Reynolds Ranch

South Table Mesa

White Ranch

Snacks & beverages will be provided. Sponsored by Bicycle Colorado and IMBA and Team Evergreen.

Please pass this information on to other concerned cyclists in your area.

For information, visit www.BicycleColorado.org . We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Dave
    JeffCo Trail Use Task Force Biker Representative
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

locked - time out
    Sweet - thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Definitely! See ya there.

old skool newbie

good stuff

thanks for the info,
    I may have a family birthday thingy that nite, but if not, i will be there...

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdirteater

Please pass this information on to other concerned cyclists in your area.
    Thanks for the info Dave. I'll put it up on the Redstone site and email it to my list, too.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member

I'll

be there too

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

The more the merrier

This sounds like 1994 revisited. I'm going.
    Front Range Mountain Bike Patrol - FRMBP - Patrolling Buffalo Creek in the Pike National Forest for over 14 years

Now Uploading
    Please note that this meeting is Thursday, Feb. 10th at 7:00pm (tomorrow night), and this room has a capacity of 88. We will not be meeting with Open Space staff at this meeting, it is us, your Trails Use Task Force representatives, Bicycle Colorado, and IMBA and team Evergreen are pitching in as co-sponsors to cover snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. We will be discussing and exchanging information on current JeffCo happenings and policy with open discussion for all. We hope to find additional people who wish to get involved, as well as to get together in this general mountain biker town meeting environment. This is a meeting of mountain bikers discussing JeffCo, not a JeffCo meeting.

Myself and the other Trails Use Task Force JeffCo biker representatives got together with Dan at Bicycle Colorado at a recent meeting and came up with this town meeting concept, Dan was instrumental in putting this together. I reserved the Ponderosa Room (the OSAC Hearing room) in the Open Space building for Thursday night, Feb. 10th at 7:00pm with the agreement of the other Trails Task Force members for this meeting.

See you there.

Dave

Perpetually single track
    I plan on being there...who else is going? Depending on how long the meeting goes, I may night ride green afterwards if anyone is interested.

Addicted
    Hmmm, so there will be punch and pie. Sounds like something worth checking out.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    I plan on being there...who else is going? Depending on how long the meeting goes, I may night ride green afterwards if anyone is interested.
    Hey Kirk, we're not sure of the exact number attending yet, I have some idea from a few RSVPs, but we're guessing the occupancy limit on that room of 88 will be enough. We don't feel this will be any problem unless many people wait till the last minute and decide to go. Any more than 88 of us in the room would have to occupy the hall or outside.

I had booked that room from 7:00-9:00pm, so wouldn't be enough time to ride afterward, but I'd be up for another night ride soon some other time anyway.

We have a basic agenda to follow for the meeting, but much of it will be open discussion. If you want to speak and share thoughts and ideas and ask questions, you will be able to. We just have to keep enough structure to the meeting so that we can hear everyone speak and ask questions that wants to.

Cheers,

Dave

Perpetually single track
    hmm...maybe I'll just night ride before hand then....nothing like showing up to meeting in spandex...

A speaker I am not....you prolly won't hear a word out of me the whole meeting unless someone says something stupid that I just can't let go w/o comment.

Just got the TCS email...love to see TCS get back and kicking again.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Hey Kirk, we're not sure of the exact number attending yet, I have some idea from a few RSVPs,
    I'm going and will probably have a few others with me.

Are your pants fresh?

I'll probably

be there as well along with one or two other folks I bring with.

FP

ride

Just got this in my inbox...

[size=2]Kind of like playing telephone. Seems like this one is just a little on the extreme side...[/size]

[size=2]There is a Jefferson County Open Space meeting on [/size]Thursday 2/10/05 at 7pm at [size=2]the Taj Mahal in Golden to close White Ranch, Deer Creek, and Apex and other [/size][size=2]local trails to mountain bikersfrom downhillers shuttling and blazing [/size][size=2]downhill through hikers, other mountain bikers and horseback riders. All [/size][size=2]riders are encouraged to attend to prevent this from happening. This logic [/size][size=2]to close trails due to a few stupid riders would be like closing the [/size][size=2]interstate highway because someone was caught speeding.[/size]

[size=2]All area riders and shops are strongly encouraged to attend to prevent ANY [/size][size=2]trail closures! If one closes it makes it much easier to close others. With [/size][size=2]no open trails, there is NO mountain bike business to have! Spread the word [/size][size=2]and show up and prevent this from happening.[/size]

Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    [font=Courier New][size=2][color=black]Kind of like playing telephone. Seems like this one is just a little on the extreme side...
    Who was the (for lack of a better term) "sarcastic idiot" that sent that to you?

Dave

ride

email me

Who was the (for lack of a better term) "sarcastic idiot" that sent that to you?
    Dave
    email me at dave@redstonecyclery.com and I'll forward it to you. I got it as a mass mailing, but it seems to have come from a shop in Denver...

dave
    Redstone Cyclery
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Now Uploading
    So you know, the meeting tonight is not a JeffCo Open Space meeting, it is a mountain biker meeting to discuss JeffCo, no JeffCo OS staff will be in attendance. They allow us to use the room free of charge, so we are holding the meeting in the Open Space building. It is not over at the "Taj Mahal".

Any of you that are not interested or cannot take such things seriously are welcome not to attend. There is an 88 person occupancy limit for this meeting room. We wish to get mountain bikers together who want to keep informed and may wish to get more involved. So those not interested tend to make this all work out by not attending.

Cheers,

Dave

locked - time out

Dave
    I guess this means that park rangers aren't really going to start shooting random mountainbikers in the neck with tazers to "make examples of them"?

See you guys there.

Oh, BTW - I think the "better term" you were looking for would be "f***wit"
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 02-10-2005 at 12:05 PM.

crash and burn at 45
    should be interesting, i'll be there with some of my riding folks

Now Uploading

The Meeting Was a Success

We had a great turnout, got great input from many people on the positive and needing improvement areas of JeffCo Parks, exchanged ideas, gathered feedback and contact info, heard which contact methods worked, and got a group of people more involved where they wanted to get involved.

We also had a very professional meeting and left the facility that JeffCo lent us in the same shape that we got it in, and we finished and left on time. We have taken another step to revitalize the interest and involvement of the mountain biking community using JeffCo Open Space parks.

Thanks to all who attended. We will have a larger venue next time!

Cheers,

Dave

locked - time out
    We had a great turnout, got great input from many people on the positive and needing improvement areas of JeffCo Parks, exchanged ideas, gathered feedback and contact info, heard which contact methods worked, and got a group of people more involved where they wanted to get involved.

We also had a very professional meeting and left the facility that JeffCo lent us in the same shape that we got it in, and we finished and left on time. We have taken another step to revitalize the interest and involvement of the mountain biking community using JeffCo Open Space parks.

Thanks to all who attended. We will have a larger venue next time!

Cheers,

Dave
    Thank you for the info (on the meeting) - that was quite a turnout.

Perpetually single track
    And by success he means huge turnout....I'd guess over 200 MTB's showed up. Next move is to have a governing body, a caucus, a smaller group of core volunteers come together in two weeks to further dicuss the issues/possible resolutions brought forth at the meeting and find a coherent/proper manner to bring those issues to the table with JCOS.

Dave, I'd like to better understand exactly what you do...I'm completely misinformed apparently......beers after a night ride would be a good time to discuss.

Out of curiousity, what MTBR's showed up? I saw s1ngletrack, DWF, Thumper, marinjp (sp?) and Carl Mega there...anyone else?

locked - time out
    And by success he means huge turnout....I'd guess over 200 MTB's showed up. Next move is to have a governing body, a caucus, a smaller group of core volunteers come together in two weeks to further dicuss the issues/possible resolutions brought forth at the meeting and find a coherent/proper manner to bring those issues to the table with JCOS.

Dave, I'd like to better understand exactly what you do...I'm completely misinformed apparently......beers after a night ride would be a good time to discuss.

Out of curiousity, what MTBR's showed up? I saw s1ngletrack, DWF, Thumper, marinjp (sp?) and Carl Mega there...anyone else?
    Apparently Sandan was sitting right next to me, Kirk. I'd be curious to know who else showed up also.

Now Uploading
    Sure, but in a nutshell, I do research and gather information, try to keep informed of Open Space policy, changes and plans, stay in contact with both JeffCo Open Space staff and fellow mountain bikers, I attend some OSAC meetings to gather more info and speak when necessary, I sit at a table in Open Space meetings with JeffCo staff and try to convey what you and all of us want to them, they listen, we exchange information and news/developments, and I pass on what I gather from them to you. I am part of the conduit to communicate through. I am a direct contact between the mountain bikers and the Open Space staff, as I represent you, that's why I want to hear what you and all of us say and want.

Cheers,

Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast