Thread: Jeffco linkup

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Jeffco linkup

Any recommendations for an epic linkup of Jeffco trails? I have done Chimney -> Apex -> Matthew Winters -> Green Mountain any other recommended routes that will be dry this weekend?

I can't ride 45!
    Falcon and Bear Creek

Tribe Member
    great endurance ride is Chimney-apex-dakota ridege via Zorro-grn mtn-falcon-lair of the bear-the road back to mt winters and then the road back to the parking lot.

It is about a 50-60 mile day....plenty of bail outs...remember seeing this same ride on the trailcenter.com website as a group ride in June or July.

good luck....
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    You can also link Chimney/Apex to Lair via Grapevine Rd that goes through Ideldale. It's not singletrack, but it's not paved, either.

I like DR or MW => Falcon => Lair => Grapevine => Apex for a no-repeat, big loop.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    How are you getting from MW to Falcon? Through Morrison?

mtbr member
    Yeah, though Morrison.

There are 2 slightly different ways:

1) head down Red Rocks trail to where it almost meets up with DR and then down to Morrison and up to Falcon.

B) Take Red Rocks trail to where it goes up closer to the ampitheather and then down the twistier road to the west end up Morrison and up to Falcon

Not much of a difference but (1) has *slightly* more singletrack descending whereas (2) has a road descent that's actually kinda fun.

mtbr member
    You can connect White Ranch with Golden Gate. Haven't done it personally, but hope to give it shot this summer. If you want more riding, you could throw N Table in as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich
    great endurance ride is Chimney-apex-dakota ridege via Zorro-grn mtn-falcon-lair of the bear-the road back to mt winters and then the road back to the parking lot.

It is about a 50-60 mile day....plenty of bail outs...remember seeing this same ride on the trailcenter.com website as a group ride in June or July.

good luck....
    We do it as the Tour de Front Range -- www.trailcentral.com -- and start at White Rance -- Chimney Gulch -- Apex -- Matthews Winters -- Dakota Ridge -- Green Mountain -- Bear Creek -- Mount Falcon -- Lair o' the Bear. Last year it was upwards of 60 miles and between 9,000 and 10,000 vertical of climbing. We do it in September. Last year we had 16 start and 6 finish. We'll be doing it again this September, probably with a couple of course changes, so watch TrailCentral for details and join us for the sufferfest. It makes the beer taste that much better when your done.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    yeah, yeah, White Ranch with Mountain Lion in Golden Gate. We did this last year, cheated by starting at the upper parking though. But check it out, LOWER LOT, climb White Ranch, ditch out at the upper lot, take dirt road around and bomb down the monster hill (remember this hill) but watch out on those corners, loose rock + speed = end up in trees. Then do a regular Mountain Lion loop, and the fun begins, back up that hill. It's really not so bad but it looks pretty brutal, just make sure you have a Gu to get you through!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Matt Daddy]bomb down the monster hill (remember this hill) but watch out on those corners, loose rock + speed = end up in trees. QUOTE]

I've never ridden that hill, but I've driven it a few times and it is STEEP! The thought of having to climb it on the way out of GG is the one thing that's kept me from doing that ride.