the cool nerd

Jaunt to the Front Range

This past weekend, I was able to indulge in a short trip back to the mother ship....

After an ominous start to the trip,

I was able to hook up with godzilla, mothra (or whatever you want to call godzilla's brother), rapswithtom, and my my bro, habib, for an evening ride at White Ranch. Although, I will now continue to miss descending on lower mustang, the rest of the ranch was in excellent shape! I had a great time, followed by a quick dinner and drinks with rapswithtom at The Southern Sun. hmmmm.. java porter.... rwt, I hope that Chalk Creek went well for you, riding WR 2 days prior to a race is not the best training plan, but thanks for coming out! and godzilla, you have skillz! Great meeting you..

The next day, I missed the meeting time, so I rode Apex and Chimney Gulch solo. Icegeek was out there somewhere, but our paths didn't cross. I can't believe that JeffCo paved the Apex trail just below the the Pick n Sledge intersection but the enchanted forest is still magical...

now to the pictures!

Saturday, tvc, her better half (?), dwf, deedub, icegeek, and habib treated me to a day of riding the sourdough trail, from the peaceful valley campground. what a ride!

deedub showed off his excellent skills throughout the day, starting with the initial climb..

where habib tried to emulate deedub's example..

later, deedub showed his log skills...

which he obviously inherited from dwf

"The search for a perfect pint should take lifetime." M.Jackson

Ride bikes, not goats. Just good advice

the cool nerd
    as the day continued, deedub threw down the gauntlet again, this time on the descent, where he and icegeek were unmatched by anyone else...

although I tried to follow at a much slower speed

and one shot of tvc, although she was moving too fast for the camera to follow as she blasted by hello kitty...

that's all of the pictures, the ride was too consistent to take many pictures..

thank you all for showing me around, I had a great weekend....

trail waggler

Nice pics! Also glad to see ...

That those logs that I stacked on that blowndown are still there, I was worried that I made it too easy by making it 'daveM-able'.

Indeed, that is a very fun ride!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by daveM
    That those logs that I stacked on that blowndown are still there, I was worried that I made it too easy by making it 'daveM-able'.

Indeed, that is a very fun ride!

the stack in the old burn area? i stacked a bunch up there about two weeks or so back, too. wonder if they are getting pulled out?

meh, the FS doods will cut it all out eventually anyhow.

S-man, glad you had a good visit, and rides!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

ride
    Glad you had a great ride. I love the PV campground and trailhead. Much of my summer riding starts there. Lots of great options. Thanks for the pics!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

Preemptive Revenger

A Few Photos from Thursday Evening

A few photos of our quick tour at White Ranch.
    1. Can you tell that this man is thinking about his impending fatherhood?
    2. Our illustrious guest.
    3. Ben made the move look easy.
    4. Sportsman thought he would, too...
    5. ...But I would call this a dab!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Friends don't let friends give their money to NORBA.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live. - Mark Twain

Preemptive Revenger
    6. Everybody made the move, except for Godzilla! (well the photographer didn't either)
    7. Godzilla's punishment was banishment to a rock, while the cool people hung out.
    8. Denver's down there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapwithtom
    6. Everybody made the move, except for Godzilla! (well the photographer didn't either)
    What move was that?

How was Chalk Creek, Tom?
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member

Smile

[QUOTE=rapwithtom]

3. Ben made the move look easy.
    4. Sportsman thought he would, too...

I think this rock might be the only place we could say this about my rides with Sportsman last weekend. Thanks for showing me "wassup" the rest of the time

Preemptive Revenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    What move was that?

How was Chalk Creek, Tom?
    Ummm I'm sure you know the spot, near the top of Longhorn, right? I was kidding, of course...you made the hard part of the move, and goofed when it got flat...

Chalk Creek was the ultimate disaster: I got there 10 minutes after they closed registration (I didn't even know there was a deadline, never come close to it before so never aware of it), so they didn't even let me race. I hung out with racer girlfriends and cheered. I was pretty bummed!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Quote Originally Posted by rapwithtom
    Ummm I'm sure you know the spot, near the top of Longhorn, right? I was kidding, of course...you made the hard part of the move, and goofed when it got flat...

Chalk Creek was the ultimate disaster: I got there 10 minutes after they closed registration (I didn't even know there was a deadline, never come close to it before so never aware of it), so they didn't even let me race. I hung out with racer girlfriends and cheered. I was pretty bummed!
    What - the part where I hit a little root and fell over while clipped in? Nah - don't remember it.

That sucks to drive all that way to race and miss it over something like that, sorry to hear it. Are you going to get down to Crested Butte this weekend?
    Now with more vitriol!

abnormally aspirated
    Jun 2005
    WTF!?.... you come all the way up here sportsman and don't even drop a line... pantalones, you could have helped out... sheesh.

Looks like a great time! Hope to check out the los alamos trails one of these days....

the cool nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by brettf
    WTF!?.... you come all the way up here sportsman and don't even drop a line... pantalones, you could have helped out... sheesh.

Looks like a great time! Hope to check out the los alamos trails one of these days....

I should've dropped a line. I suck

I'm going to be in Breck next week, and then CB the weekend of the 15th, just in case you're in the vicinity.....

the LA trails are waiting for you...