Thread: It's green...

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

It's green...

Couldn't resist the title. Hopefully I don't have to follow up with a "dead" post.

So after starting our new biz and selling my new insurance-bought Ventana and whittling the bike stable down to just my roadie and my new rigid Waltworks SS 29er (that's a mouthful) I was excited to be a simple 2-bike kinda guy. And then I started dreaming of warmer days and trips out west and big drops and found myself perusing the mtbr classifieds for a cheap Stinky or something. And then I see that SuperMart Weyless 67 for $999...

So now I'm a 3-bike guy... once someone buys my cross bike! Ibis Hakkalugi anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

The 67 is a bit tall, but the Weirwolf 2.5s account for some of that. (They barely fit through the Z150!) And she ain't got no H2O cage mounts, so I'm gonna have to rig something up for my battery. But she should complement the rigid bike quite well.

S
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stand back

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    Couldn't resist the title. Hopefully I don't have to follow up with a "dead" post.

So after starting our new biz and selling my new insurance-bought Ventana and whittling the bike stable down to just my roadie and my new rigid Waltworks SS 29er (that's a mouthful) I was excited to be a simple 2-bike kinda guy. And then I started dreaming of warmer days and trips out west and big drops and found myself perusing the mtbr classifieds for a cheap Stinky or something. And then I see that SuperMart Weyless 67 for $999...

So now I'm a 3-bike guy... once someone buys my cross bike! Ibis Hakkalugi anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

The 67 is a bit tall, but the Weirwolf 2.5s account for some of that. (They barely fit through the Z150!) And she ain't got no H2O cage mounts, so I'm gonna have to rig something up for my battery. But she should complement the rigid bike quite well.

S
    Glad someone picked up one of these locally. I was surprised they still had so many when I was in there recently. They looked so lonely and I was feeling guilty for ignoring them and their skimpy prices. Was the 10% off sale still in effect?
    I keep telling myself I'll have forgotten all about them when the 7 Point gets here. And I can ride again.
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Perpetually single track
    that is a smoking sale they have on those...nice pickup....I was thinking of buying one and ebaying the parts...I bet could make a profit on it. Too bad it'd be soo hard convince myself to sell a Z150 once it's in the house. Have fun with it,

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    They still have an 18 in there! Go get it! I toyed with parting it out, but then figured that at this price I should just keep it and be done. Complete the stable and end any further temptation before I talk myself into something more expensive. Fortunately I have most bike stuff sold off (or in the process) except the for the Ibis which a buddy is backing away from because of current budget constraints. We'll see. May have to throw it on ebay, set the price low and see where it goes. S

Stupid and Dangerous
    I'm really interested in your opinion of that rig.

Lately I've been searching MTBR and Ebay for used Bullits to use for a "play" bike. I like my XC ride but wouldn't mind a rolling couch to have a little bone-breaking fun with.

I could get that 67 or a well used/loved Bullit for about the same coin.

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    It's basically a Bullit clone. I'll post a follow up after I put some rides on it. I don't have too much to compare it to except for some brief rides on a buddy's Bullit. My X5 was pretty overbuilt, but not like this 40# beast!

Yeah, I was also toying with a used Bullit or Stinky or similar but was wary of going used on something that should have been pretty abused. Obviously the ideal is to find someone who pedaled their Bullit around bike paths for a couple years and just decided to upgrade to a VP-Free. S

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    They still have an 18 in there! Go get it! I toyed with parting it out, but then figured that at this price I should just keep it and be done. Complete the stable and end any further temptation before I talk myself into something more expensive. Fortunately I have most bike stuff sold off (or in the process) except the for the Ibis which a buddy is backing away from because of current budget constraints. We'll see. May have to throw it on ebay, set the price low and see where it goes. S
    Sweet looking bike! if I actually had money I would have had one of those in my garage as soon as the $1k sale started...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.