theHeadlessThompsonGunner

It's the calm before the storm...

and my bike works, so we should go ride. It's only going to get worse this weekend, so lets beat it out.

Hall Ranch -- Lower Parking Lot -- 3:30-3:45 (?) -- This Afternoon Only

We can all get together and discuss what they shouldn't fix.
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

contains quinine
    wish i could, but i pulled my "get out of work an hour early" card already this week... by next week i should be able to reshuffle the deck and pull another...
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Glad there weren't any takers...

I had SERIOUS AIRPORT PROBLEMS getting Chazza off (sniffle), and ended up 30 minutes late. It was still a very good ride, but the weather was much more disagreeable than this morning, and I came off the trail at mountain lion o'clock.

I've been testing some Enduro seals for 32 mm Marzocchis, and just slapped on some IRC Kujos, and am very pleased with how well my bike is functioning mechanically. At least on the descent. It doesn't make me go any faster uphill, and I've had too many beers this winter and too little cross-training. Ah well, off to the fridge!

-The Good Doctor

trail waggler

Have you had trouble with Marzocchi...

Stock seals? I'm on my second 'Zoke, and the seals seem to last through alot of rides, atleast 9-12 months, unlike the '01 Fox I had, three pairs of seals in four months, though the last set seemed to fit alot tighter.

Nope, no problems...

Except for the freakishly disgusting oil every time I change it, I've had no problems whatsoever. I don't think the oil could be attributed to the seals, anyway--looks like metal shavings, not dirt, eh?

I just volounteered to test the 'prototype' seals for Chris at Enduro. I had some on my Black, and really like them, but there've been a lot of problems with the 32 mm Enduro seals getting into production, so I thought I'd try to help speed things up. Preliminary reports are good, but they're not on the market yet. I highly recommend them when they are, though. And, if you need your fork worked on, I'm game. Larry's probably a better guy, at least from the professional aspect!

-The Good Doctor