Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

It's aliiiiiiiiive..........

first fully. test ridden two days at hall so far. four days off starting tomorrow morning though!

weyless-67 bullit clone frame, with a manitou 6-way coil shock. 6 or 7". set up in 6 now, with a 6" marzocchi z-150. buttah!
    38.5# as is, but some other stuff on the way should get me down to about 37#. and that'll be enough money spent on that. all told, it cost much less than something comparable "off the shelf" and it has the stuff part wise taht i like on it. some new, some from my parts bin, some e-bay, some boulder sports recycler found goods.

met mitch and stephan (sdizzle) at hall the other day. they kicked my ass going uphill. the thing pedals very well, but sloooooooowly uphill. granted, much of that is the engine.

i can't wait for the real shuttle rides up high, and the lift stuff to open for the summer now.....

oh yeah, anyone lose a damper rod (or whatever it is) off their fox fork at hall? found this on the side of the trail the other day. must have been a sucky walk out, as it was nearly at the start of the loop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

crashes in parkinglot
    Sweeeeeeeet!
    More weather like this and it will be summer in no time.
    Nice short stem on there (how long?), how does it feel on long climbs (besides heavy).

Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    Sweeeeeeeet!
    More weather like this and it will be summer in no time.
    Nice short stem on there (how long?), how does it feel on long climbs (besides heavy).

it's a 45mm, though i really need a 60mm for general riding, but can throw the 45mm on for lift days. kept nailing the knees on the bars the other day. got a cheapy (of the same stem) coming in 60 and 80mm lengths. $15 each, so cheap enough for me to play around with fit. i'm glad i got the 16" frame. 18 would've been too large. this is just perfect.

crashes in parkinglot
    My AC is a small it fits well. Doing stupid stuff i've hit my knees against the stem and upper crowns a couple of times while climbing but feels great on the DH

locked - time out
    Congratulations - You'll get used to the extra weight, and you'll get stronger doing it. The bike looks sweet.

Hairshirt Rider
    That rounds out the stable quite nicely. You should come down for a lunch ride, you know you want to.

Not because I'm fast.....
    The bike looks real nice, great build. Have you played with the ETA feature on the fork much? How do you like it?

Perpetually single track
    Sweet ride!

still have the damper rod? I sheared mine off of my fox over 6months ago...need a new one.

user-created

Boing

First FS huh? Welcome to 2005, pal! I hope that doesn't mean the hardtail is laying in pieces. It's too purdy for such a fate.

Sweet rig!

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    first fully. test ridden two days at hall so far. four days off starting tomorrow morning though!

weyless-67 bullit clone frame, with a manitou 6-way coil shock. 6 or 7". set up in 6 now, with a 6" marzocchi z-150.
    Nice ride, Dave, but you're timing is all assbackwards. Everybody else setting up hardtails right now.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

Very Cool Dave!

You're going to love that next summer at the resorts. You've got to come down here and try it out sometime (I'd suggest this weekend but I'm headed for San Fran).

Cheers,
    K

Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    First FS huh? Welcome to 2005, pal! I hope that doesn't mean the hardtail is laying in pieces. It's too purdy for such a fate.

Sweet rig!

pffft. h3ll no! the hardtail is still the 'daily' ride. and the one for high up/lots of climbing alpine rides. well, that and the SS.

no hardtails were harmed/stripped of parts for the above bike.

Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    You're going to love that next summer at the resorts. You've got to come down here and try it out sometime (I'd suggest this weekend but I'm headed for San Fran).

Cheers,
    K
    i've got the next four days off.......

anyone up for a palmer saturday???????

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Sweet ride!

still have the damper rod? I sheared mine off of my fox over 6months ago...need a new one.
    it's sitting on top of the parts box. yours, if no one chimes in claiming the thing.
    maybe it'll work for ya.

contains quinine
    it's sitting on top of the parts box. yours, if no one chimes in claiming the thing.
    maybe it'll work for ya.
    Time to change the Avatar?
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

Perpetually single track
    Ohyeah...what size is it? I might want to "borrow" it for a few spins to see how a 67 will fit me.

Oh yeah...that damper rod is press fit into the whole damping assembly....wonder how the hell it came out....weird...

Quote Originally Posted by ibmkidIII
    Ohyeah...what size is it? I might want to "borrow" it for a few spins to see how a 67 will fit me.

Oh yeah...that damper rod is press fit into the whole damping assembly....wonder how the hell it came out....weird...

it's a 16" or so. more than welcome to check it out. bigger than your heckler, but not by a huge amount.

no idea on the damper. i pictured some catastrophic failure, with the whole top cap assembly skyrocketing out of the top of the fork. it was seriously right on the trail. weird.

Now Uploading
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    Nice ride, Dave, but you're timing is all assbackwards. Everybody else setting up hardtails right now.
    Yeah, whatsup with that?!

That was last month, what will we all be building next month?

Nice looking rig, Dave. You beat me to that damn sticker!!!

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!

No fair!

i've got the next four days off.......

anyone up for a palmer saturday???????
    How about a week from Saturday (or Sunday)???

Outcast
    Congratulations, nice looking ride. Don't worry about the weight, you'll get use to it. The more you ride it, and the less you ride lighter bikes, you'll start to get the hang of it. My trail bikes have been getting heavier for years; I just assume all trail bikes weigh that much!
    My RFX weighs 38.8 pounds, I'm hoping to lose 1.5 to 2 pounds this spring with a new fork.

theHeadlessThompsonGunner
    Tis' the season, I 'spose. I'm picking up my new Nobilette from Vecchio's tonight. I'll throw some pics up when she's built, probably later next week.

Kirk - end of next week-ish, we can brew some hard new bike cider? A celebratory kind of thing, eh?
    "I've courted brain damage like some courtesan of darkness."

-The Good Doctor

Perpetually single track
    sure...next week...endish...check!
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

Quote Originally Posted by SDizzle
    Tis' the season, I 'spose. I'm picking up my new Nobilette from Vecchio's tonight. I'll throw some pics up when she's built, probably later next week.

Kirk - end of next week-ish, we can brew some hard new bike cider? A celebratory kind of thing, eh?

oooh, that's going to be nice! the couple i've seen have been beautiful!

Evil Lurks

insanely jealous

I'm distracting you on the trail and stealing that green machine as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Davetoo
    I'm distracting you on the trail and stealing that green machine as soon as possible.
    sure, no problem. if you want to ride something that'll fit you like a BMX bike!

it might be a bit large for kirk to ride, but it's waaaaaay to small to fit you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast