mtbr member
    Mar 2008

An italian biker in Colorado (need help)

I'm planning next summer an holyday trip in Colorado (flying to Denver) and I would like to buy a bike to ride through the beautifull parks you have there.
    Could you suggest the best bike shop in Denver or Colorado Spring, to buy a Santacruz Nomad, that I will carry back with me in Italy. In this way I could satisy two dreams; ride a bike in Colarado mountains and buy a Nomand !

The best could be a dealer with a web site to accept on line order whereI could define the bike configuration and price and to have the bike ready when I will be there.

Thanks

Paolo

..ouch
    Mojo Wheels - call and talk to Bob.

mtbr member

Buying a Nomad

Mojo Wheels is an excellent bike shop. They have a large inventory of bikes. They specialize in downhill bikes and support their own bike team (most unusual). Their prices are competitive and their service is rated very good.
    Another Santa Cruz dealer in Denver is the Denver Spoke store. It is always good to have at least two dealers to choose from.
    Perhaps the largest Santa Cruz dealer in Colorado is Colorado Cyclist in Colorado Springs. They specialize in selling bikes by mail order. They offer quality, price and service. Don't buy a Nomad without at least checking out what they have to offer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lginzkey
    Mojo Wheels is an excellent bike shop. They have a large inventory of bikes. They specialize in downhill bikes and support their own bike team (most unusual). Their prices are competitive and their service is rated very good.
    Another Santa Cruz dealer in Denver is the Denver Spoke store. It is always good to have at least two dealers to choose from.
    Perhaps the largest Santa Cruz dealer in Colorado is Colorado Cyclist in Colorado Springs. They specialize in selling bikes by mail order. They offer quality, price and service. Don't buy a Nomad without at least checking out what they have to offer.

Thanks a lot.

Paolo

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Mojo

You can't go wrong dealing with them and Bob will hook you up. Don't wait till the last minute to order your Nomad. They might even have a leftover 2007 on their showroom floor, you could buy it now and it'll be waiting for you when you arrive (which isn't that long from now). If you wait too long then order a 2008 it might be here months after you fly home!

How's your spoken English? Anybody reading this thread fluent in Italian?
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Cool--sounds like a fun trip! I agree with everyone else that Mojo is a great shop and would recommend them. www.coloradocyclist.com is also very good, but they don't carry a lot of "all mountian" parts like you would use for a Nomad--just XC stuff.

Are you planning on buying a full bike from Santa Cruz or a frame and building it up with the part you want? If you are buying a frame and it is not a popular color, order it with lots of time to spare to ensure that it is there on time. I have ordered three SC frames and they all took more than 2 months to deliver (despite a promised 1 month wait). The last one was in 2003 so they might be faster now though. Talk with the shop you choose now and discuss frame delivery times.

Have a great trip and if you ride in Colorado Springs, post something--maybe we can give you a tour.

mtbr member
    I second Denver Spoke. Nice guys and they have alot of SC's there. Maybe email before you come and make sure they have a Nomad before you just show up one day

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by paoloc1
    I'm planning next summer an holyday trip in Colorado (flying to Denver) and I would like to buy a bike to ride through the beautifull parks you have there.
    Could you suggest the best bike shop in Denver or Colorado Spring, to buy a Santacruz Nomad, that I will carry back with me in Italy. In this way I could satisy two dreams; ride a bike in Colarado mountains and buy a Nomand !

The best could be a dealer with a web site to accept on line order whereI could define the bike configuration and price and to have the bike ready when I will be there.

Thanks

Paolo
    By the way.. I would also check out an Intense 6.6 before you settle on a Nomad.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thump
    By the way.. I would also check out an Intense 6.6 before you settle on a Nomad.
    Good question; I was really doubtful between Intense 6.6 and Nomad and finally I decided for the lighter one, but if you have a list of pro/cons I could re-evaluate my decision. Thanks

Paolo

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Paolo - send a PM to IndecentExposure. He'll make sure you get all the Nomad info you need.

friend of Apex
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    I second Denver Spoke. Nice guys and they have alot of SC's there. Maybe email before you come and make sure they have a Nomad before you just show up one day
    Haven't been to Denver Spoke lately, but when I lived in Denver many years back I had some big issues with these guys standing behind their work. Just a caution, maybe things have changed.....probably an isolated incedent.... I'll shut-up...

My vote for all around bike is for the Intense 6.6
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by paoloc1
    Good question; I was really doubtful between Intense 6.6 and Nomad and finally I decided for the lighter one, but if you have a list of pro/cons I could re-evaluate my decision. Thanks

Paolo
    I'm slightly preferential to Intense, but this comparison has already been debated to death. A little forum searching will get you plenty of opinions on this topic. I'd personally opt for the Intense Slopestyle.

Nomad or 6.6ss?????

Santa Cruz Nomad vs Intense 6.6 vs ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    After you buy your bike I bet you will want ideas on where to go. This thread had a lot of good suggestions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks very good suggestion !

Paolo

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Let me know if you need some help finding places to ride. I ride several days a week in the summer if you guys want company.

WWJR
    www.chumbaracing.com

I vote for the XCL.