We can rebuild him

Smile Info. on Pueblo trails

We had our monthly meeting with the park manager last night and the increase in MTBs purchasing park passes is having an impact. The MTB community is showing the State Parks that we can give them an economic boost, if they support us. If things continue in the current direction, we should be able to start work on a new 13 mi. loop this summer. If the BOR signs off on our management plan we will also be able to attain grants since the land owner needs to give permission to be able to apply. With grant money we will be able to make significant improvements to the trails. A high water route to Voodoo will begin Wednesday March 5, if things go as planned it should be completed in a week or two. Again thanks for your support.

skillz to pay billz
    thank you ozzie.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Excellent news and thank you! I'm paying at the lot and am glad it is helping! Can't wait to see the high water route to voodoo get completed! I'm looking forward to riding out there again.

SS Chimp
    Thanks Ozzie
    all single...all the time

mtbr member
    May 2004

Thanks Ozzie

Are they going to think anything less of us when the ridership drops off when the snow melts on the Front Range. Puelbo is great but the only time I ride it is during the winter when it's the only thing with dry dirt. With so many other great rides it makes it hard to get down there.

Chris

Your retarded
    I parked in the pay lot for the first time last weekend. I actually like it better. There's something to be said about ending your ride with a descent, rather than a climb.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Is there an additional fee on top of having a state parks pass? Sounds like red gate area is risky for break ins. Looking forward to getting down there!

Grams Light Bikes
    No, Park Pass pays for it all.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I made the trip down to Pueblo on Sunday to partake in the Lake Pueblo trails. I am very impressed at the trail system that has been created and many of the construction techniques that were utilized. Congrats to you, the Southern Colorado Trail Builders, the State Park and any other organization that has been involved. You guys have done and continue to do a great job.

If you would, let us know when you're trail work days are. Schedule permitting, I'd be happy to come out and give you guys a hand.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

FRMBP.org - Paying it Forward

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    [QUOTE=Chris9702l]Are they going to think anything less of us when the ridership drops off when the snow melts on the Front Range.

From late spring through late fall, the State Park is consumed with boaters and fishermen. The bikers and runners which have been using the trails during the off-season are helping balance the winter revenue. Boater parking this summer is expected to be at capacity, due to the high water level.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    Are they going to think anything less of us when the ridership drops off when the snow melts on the Front Range. Puelbo is great but the only time I ride it is during the winter when it's the only thing with dry dirt. With so many other great rides it makes it hard to get down there.

Chris
    Heck no!!! It's usually too HOT for most people here in the summer anyway (if you don't live here or have not lived here your entire life). The locals get to enjoy the trails year round. Besides, this has been a beneficial "off season" for the park itself. So, no hard feelings! I like the mtns too... and the desert.