Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,443

    Inflexibles Pre 24 Hour Wrench Night Tuesday 9/18/12

    Any interest in getting together at my house and busting out some maintenance before the race? I need to swap out my brake pads, change the splash oil in my forks, and I think I might set up both bikes with ghetto tubeless.

    Meet at my house at 7:00 (or whenever after that) and bring whatever beverages that best help you tune up your bike. It would be nice to have a few extra work stands so if you have a portable one, bring it. If you don't know where I live, shoot me a PM.

  2. #2
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,067
    What is this 'maintenance' concept of which you speak?
    Les grimpées, je m'en fou!

  3. #3
    Team Inflexible
    Reputation: Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,821
    yes maintenance is a relative term


    I should be around for this.

  4. #4
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    949
    I should be able to make it. I have a stand I can bring. I haven't done anything with my Lyrik since I got the bike last summer so the oil could probably be changed. What weight oil do you use Kristian? I know you said it was the Mobile 1 synthetic.

  5. #5
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,443
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    IWhat weight oil do you use Kristian? I know you said it was the Mobile 1 synthetic.
    I use Mobil 1 0-20w mainily because that's what I have in the garage (both cars use it). I think you could use thicker oil too, but I'm not sure how the winter performance would be.

  6. #6
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    949
    Are you still doing this tomorrow Kristian? I am still a maybe.

  7. #7
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,443
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    Are you still doing this tomorrow Kristian? I am still a maybe.
    Sure! Come on over if you want to.

  8. #8
    Team Inflexible
    Reputation: Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,821
    Looks like i am going to be busy grabbing plastic holds on the wall tomorrow evening K, plus I just had a nice tune up and brand new drive train from Chris Kuhn @ Criterium..

  9. #9
    the Chain Guy
    Reputation: bismirle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    949
    Kristian, I am out for tomorrow. I think I'm going to stay at my house and do some bike tuning. I just noticed how low my Enduro's brakes are so I need to replace those. I might wait until after the race to play with my Lyrik's oil. I don't want to mess anything up this close to game time.

  10. #10
    Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,443
    Quote Originally Posted by bismirle View Post
    Kristian, I am out for tomorrow. I think I'm going to stay at my house and do some bike tuning. I just noticed how low my Enduro's brakes are so I need to replace those. I might wait until after the race to play with my Lyrik's oil. I don't want to mess anything up this close to game time.
    Cool, good luck! I'm still going to set up both my XC bikes as tubeless and try to figure out the Shinobi shifting issues so if anyone wants to come over still, you're welcome.

  11. #11
    I did it all for the kudo
    Reputation: Short Bus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,016
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    Cool, good luck! I'm still going to set up both my XC bikes as tubeless and try to figure out the Shinobi shifting issues so if anyone wants to come over still, you're welcome.
    Wish I could make it out, but I'm on a short leash these days...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •