Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Goat Head

The Inflexibles Night Ride Colorado Springs March 13, 2013

What up fellers?! This post is a little early and contentless, but I wanted to post up with some new info.

Our night rides get a lot of weekly traffic (1200+ views) and I wanted to use that exposure as an extended hand of two wheeled brothership inviting all that spin wheels in the dark--or those that want to-- to join us on our weekly night rides.

The Inflexibles: we are an ever changing, informal mountain biking group focused on good times had astride our two wheeled steeds. All inclusive, the Inflexibles encourage all other riders to join us in said “good times”. Bring lights or ask us for loaners–we want you out there with us!

With most of us based in the greater Colorado Springs area, our dozen or so Wednesday night ride spots are located in and around Colorado Springs, CO. Daytime, weekend rides can range a little father from home.

The Inflexibles have a new website started that serves as a repository for past rides--it is NOT a replacement for our dear MTBR forum, just a place to reminisce. If you don't already follow the threads and want to get idea of who we are, check out the new website: theInflexibles.com.

I did it all for the kudo

Re: The Inflexibles Night Ride Colorado Springs March 13, 2013

The ride this week is at Palmer Park at 6pm. Meet at the Paseo lot near the stables.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    The ride this week is at Palmer Park at 6pm. Meet at the Paseo lot near the stables.
    The park was muddy on Sunday, but SHOULD be good to ride by Wednesday. We kept riding the south part of Templeton over and over again and had a good time though so even if we are only able to hit that we'll have a good time. See you guys on Wednesday!

the Chain Guy
    I'm probably out for Wednesday. I was sledding with my girls Sunday in Castle Rock and tried hitting a jump some snow boarders had made... Now my neck is jacked up..haha. I guess I have to start thinking before I act... aging sucks. Hopefully it will heal quickly, but bouncing around on Templeton doesn't sound like good therapy.

Awesomist™

Dang... You guys have a website? Cool. Now that I think about it, PBR did text me over the weekend wanting to "talk about web design soon"... Hmmm...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

I'm with stupid
    Shortbus, What if I dont wanna???? hhhhmmmmm
    Last edited by hitechredneck; 03-11-2013 at 09:17 AM.

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Dang... You guys have a website? Cool. Now that I think about it, PBR did text me over the weekend wanting to "talk about web design soon"... Hmmm...
    As long as you guys stay up north on your turf of the front range will look like this over the summer..........

I joke I joke, I'm funny this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    Shortbus, What if I dont wanna???? hhhhmmmmm
    Lol, Well you could stay home and play video games. I hear it does wonders for the physique. :thumbup:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Inflexibles Night Ride Colorado Springs March 13, 2013-uploadfromtaptalk1363024510431.jpg  

I'm with stupid

Shortbus, posting pictures of my super sexy girlfriend ( the one on the right!! She would make a good dog break it's leash) is uncalled for. Last thing I need is all these Mtbr fellas firing off knuckle children to her picture. Haha

I tapped that

Team Inflexible
    knuckle children... FTW!

Confused
    That's my girlfriend! It took alot of time and money to make that happen! Honestly, I can't afford it so, she is yours my friend!
    I'll be at the shin-dig at Palmer. Need to borrow a light again though.
    I may be riding there tomorrow in the A.M. I'll put up a conditions status afterward.
    Driving by today, it looked pretty clean from Academy.
    Last edited by 00frontier00; 03-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

I'm with stupid
    Peter FTW, I cant take credit for that one guys.

Confused
    This is what that link led me to follow with when it was over. Knuckle Children at it's finest.
    Texas Hippie Coalition - Turn It Up (HD) - YouTube
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

I think I can.
    Too funny, Texas Hippie Coalition was gonna play a month ago at the Black Sheep and I was gonna go, what a co-incadink

Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck View Post
    peter ftw, i cant take credit for that one guys.
    holy ****!!!! Lmao!!!

mtbr member
    Texas Hippie Coalition got me in the mood for a little Templeton.

Indian Brother
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    ... an extended hand of two wheeled brothership inviting all that spin wheels ...to join us on our weekly night rides....The Inflexibles: we are an ever changing, informal mountain biking group focused on good times had astride our two wheeled steeds...[/URL].
    So far just one nite ride (Stratton.) It was a great evening, I enjoyed meeting everyone, and look forward to another.

Particularly impressive is the camaraderie and caring of the group. Right down to loaning out a torch to light up the night, picking up the garage door opener that tumbled out of my pocket, waiting up after a risky downhill, and doing our best to feign conversation at anaerobic threshold on the ascents. Oh, and the beer. (What's the definition of workaholism? When work begins to interfere with your drinking.) Seriously, you guys rock.

Won't be able to join this week - got my other addiction in full relapse - winter 14ers. Currently 2/3 the way done (40 in calendar winter so far.) To date, four people have completed all of Colorado's 14ers in calendar winter.

One more week till winter's over, so hope to start riding with you guys later this month and April.

<100%
    that thread went wrong quickly.....all the uptown girls will be riding elsewhere on wed. So is this a nice pleasant tour of the park avoiding the ?muck? and scare'em are we going to be out breaking things in armor and ff helmets? Is there even dirt rideable? Everything is sloppy as can be around here....

Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831 View Post
    that thread went wrong quickly.....all the uptown girls will be riding elsewhere on wed. So is this a nice pleasant tour of the park avoiding the ?muck? and scare'em are we going to be out breaking things in armor and ff helmets? Is there even dirt rideable? Everything is sloppy as can be around here....
    Headin' out in a couple hours to recon.
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

We will probably be riding a little bit of everything and doing requested technical spots but while trying to get some milage in getting there. So bring whatever bike you feel comfortable on doing tech, but we have no intention of doing all of the templeton.
    As Kman puts it, Palmer park XC style.

Goat Head

Quote Originally Posted by 00frontier00 View Post
    Headin' out in a couple hours to recon.
    You da man

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831 View Post
    So is this a nice pleasant tour of the park avoiding the ?muck? and scare'em are we going to be out breaking things in armor and ff helmets?
    Avoiding the muck is key. On Sunday there was only about 1 mile of trail that was rideable (the south part of Templeton) so Joe and I rode back and forth on it a few times (which is WAY more fun that it sounds--that's one of my favorite sections).

I'm assuming that much more of the park will by dry by then, but worst case we can ride back and forth on that trail a few times and have fun. Regardless of where we ride, it's Palmer Park so it's an armor ride--especially in the cold.

Confused

Palmer Recon

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | RECON near | Times and Records | Strava

Tried to embed a screen shot... NOGO
    Palmer is not to bad. A good amount of trail damage from people riding in the mud. If anything, pending the weather tomorrow we will be doing some good by packing it all back down. I tried to do a good all around ride throughout the park.
    Little to no ice. Nice and tacky right now. Recommend eye pro for those of us that run tires that like to throw up rocks. Run lower air pressures, roots are a little slick.

Overall, I say we are good to go...
    Colorado Springs, Co.
    www.theInflexibles.com

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by 00frontier00 View Post
    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | RECON near | Times and Records | Strava

Tried to embed a screen shot... NOGO
    Palmer is not to bad. A good amount of trail damage from people riding in the mud. If anything, pending the weather tomorrow we will be doing some good by packing it all back down. I tried to do a good all around ride throughout the park.
    Little to no ice. Nice and tacky right now. Recommend eye pro for those of us that run tires that like to throw up rocks. Run lower air pressures, roots are a little slick.

Overall, I say we are good to go...
    Sounds good thanks Jason

Thanks for the info Jason. Should we consider an alternate location if it continues to rain/snow?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast