Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Goat Head

Cool-blue Rhythm The Inflexibles: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde Planning Thread

So I'm starting this thread for the Inflexibles that are racing the Mesa Verde 12 hour. I am going as mechanical support and wanted to extend to our group free tune-ups. To go into a 12 hour race without a proper once over can lead to a bad time. So as we get closer to the race, hit me up here or through PM so we can set up a consultation of sorts.

I also wanted to start this thread to get the ball rolling on our encampment at the race. Some things that make life easier:
    - ez-ups for shade and possible rain protection
    - air compressor or compressed air tank
    - race stand for the bikes to hang out on to avoid tripping over your buddy's carbon beauty (I might make one if no one has one)
    - I'll have my work stand and tools
    - lights--both for bikes and camp
    - power generator (we can rent, but I insist on a quiet one)
    - colman style dual burner stove with cookware and fuel
    - water (does anyone know about water availability at the race?)

That's a start...

I just want to say that I am very excited to be in the pits turning some wrenches for everyone. My bike is coming with me to poach a lap too

mtbr member
    I am not going but have a sweet quiet generator that I can contribute.

I'm with stupid

The Inflexibles: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde Planning Thread

I hope that I can tag along for the weekend.

I tapped that

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I can bring my compressor and my one burner, one grill/griddle Coleman stove. I would love to car pool down there either in my Mariner or someone else's car. Oh, and if your offering to give my bike a once over, I would gladly repay the kindness with a tasty bottle of something strong.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    There is a water spigot next to the bathrooms (porta potties)

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    So I'm starting this thread for the Inflexibles that are racing the Mesa Verde 12 hour. I am going as mechanical support and wanted to extend to our group free tune-ups. To go into a 12 hour race without a proper once over can lead to a bad time. So as we get closer to the race, hit me up here or through PM so we can set up a consultation of sorts.

I also wanted to start this thread to get the ball rolling on our encampment at the race. Some things that make life easier:
    - ez-ups for shade and possible rain protection
    - air compressor or compressed air tank
    - race stand for the bikes to hang out on to avoid tripping over your buddy's carbon beauty (I might make one if no one has one)
    - I'll have my work stand and tools
    - lights--both for bikes and camp
    - power generator (we can rent, but I insist on a quiet one)
    - colman style dual burner stove with cookware and fuel
    - water (does anyone know about water availability at the race?)

That's a start...

I just want to say that I am very excited to be in the pits turning some wrenches for everyone. My bike is coming with me to poach a lap too

Goat Head

Re: The Inflexibles: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde Planning Thread

"I have dual burner with fuel, 2 canopy ez ups, 2 small camping tables, and 4 chairs", says Jaydude. (dictated but not read)

Light freak

Go Team Inflexibles!!!

12hrs with a start time of 7:00 am? Doesn't sound like you are going to need lights, but let me know if you are needing anything. Sounds like a blast. See this year's theme is Super Hero's

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    See this year's theme is Super Hero's
    Hmmm...I think I'll be Tie-Dye Man!

Thanks for your offer Jay, but I think we should be finishing in the daylight for this one. I kinda wish it was a 24 hour though...

Light freak
    I found these earlier -

The Inflexibles: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde Planning Thread-sprocketman.jpg

The Inflexibles: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde Planning Thread-fortw0001.jpg

The Inflexibles: 12 Hours of Mesa Verde Planning Thread-untitled-1.jpg

the Chain Guy
    When are you guys heading out there? I took the Thursday and Friday before the race off so I'll be able to tag along.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Good luck at the race Flexis- don't forget Capn' Smile sez - "Brush yer teeth."

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    My plan was to head out Friday morning early-ish, but I'm open to other ideas.

Goat Head
    Last I heard, Mike V, Jaydude and I are leaving Thursday sometime and coming back Sunday.

mtbr member

Hey Chris I won't be able to leave until Friday we have McClaudios MRI on Thursday.
    ilovebikes.blogspot.com

Goat Head

Right on, mike. Looks like we r putting a roof rack on ur vehicle for three bikes. Best vibes to McCladio

mtbr member

Sweet that sounds good. McClaudio says thanks
    ilovebikes.blogspot.com

Goat Head
    My friend Kelly is racing Mesa Verde and either can drive or ride with others. Let me know if there are any takers out there..

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by SomethingRelatedToBiking View Post
    My friend Kelly is racing Mesa Verde and either can drive or ride with others. Let me know if there are any takers out there..
    If she is hot and single and likes slow ugly guys, that might push me over the edge to the HAVE to go category. lol

the Chain Guy

I am out for this trip now. I think I'm going to put together some big canyon rides and save some money.

Candlestick Maker
    I'm jealous...have fun!

Looks like you guys are covered, but if something falls through, I have a super quiet 1000w yamaha generator, ez up, dual burner coleman, blah blah blah
    baker

<100%
    Leaving Thursday mid afternoon - not early enough to get there before dark. Anyone going to get there, scout it out and settle before dark? Slim chance we may leave early (4am) Fri. Bringing EZ Up, work stand, bike rack, table, chairs, stove etc. We have room for one, maybe two - not sure we can still fit the ez up with two - how many of those do we have? I am thinking three would be very nice considering the numbers.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831 View Post
    Leaving Thursday mid afternoon - not early enough to get there before dark. Anyone going to get there, scout it out and settle before dark? Slim chance we may leave early (4am) Fri. Bringing EZ Up, work stand, bike rack, table, chairs, stove etc. We have room for one, maybe two - not sure we can still fit the ez up with two - how many of those do we have? I am thinking three would be very nice considering the numbers.
    I would ride with you, but I'm going to work on Thursday so I wouldn't be able to leave until Friday (and it would be hard for me to get to Highland's Ranch by 4:00am).

Brian or Arin, if you change your mind and want to come (and I drive which looks likely at this point), you can ride free of gas payments. I would be leaving early (like maybe 7ish) on Friday and heading back on Sunday.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsj3831 View Post
    Thinking about this a little further, how are you going to drive down Jack? Would you take I-25 south, or are you planning on heading west from your house? If you take I-25 south and are willing to pick me up, I could be ready to go by 5:00ish when you are passing through Colorado Springs.

I have a large Thule box that will fit any type of car rack, and multiple bike trays. I also have a very long Yakima cross bar if we needed to add a few extra trays to your car. In a perfect world, I would be taking two bikes, but I could only bring the Shinobi if we're pressed for space.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    hey yall, im chris' friend kelly. I dont have much to offer in terms of camping gear (i usually fend for myself when it comes to these races and just have a cooler and a 1 (wo)man tent. so that means i pack lightly

I would like to get there thursday evening if someone is heading out then and has room, otherwise, I dont mind driving friday as long as anyones willing to share my subaru. I only have 2 roof racks but can make room for more.

Goat Head
    Quote Originally Posted by knev View Post
    I would like to get there thursday evening if someone is heading out then and has room, otherwise, I dont mind driving friday as long as anyones willing to share my subaru. I only have 2 roof racks but can make room for more.
    What up,Kelly?! I think we are leaving Friday morning I do believe. I know there are a couple more people unaccounted for. Hopefully we can carpool to capacity, its a long drive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast