Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20

    Indian Creek Tomorrow

    A few friends and myself are planning a ~7 am departure from waterton parking lot tomorrow (Saturday) and hoping to do the Indian Creek loop - that is, if the weather looks dry enough. Looks nice down there right now so hopefully the trails dry up enough - any thoughts on if this will be ok to ride? Anyone is welcome to join along. I'll be on my IF hard tail with a diverse group of riders.

  2. #2
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by IFbadboy
    A few friends and myself are planning a ~7 am departure from waterton parking lot tomorrow (Saturday) and hoping to do the Indian Creek loop - that is, if the weather looks dry enough. Looks nice down there right now so hopefully the trails dry up enough - any thoughts on if this will be ok to ride? Anyone is welcome to join along. I'll be on my IF hard tail with a diverse group of riders.
    7am? Dewd, that's crazy talk.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    7am? Dewd, that's crazy talk.
    ha ha....one of the consequences to having three kids (for me) are early rides. I like to do long rides and this way I'm not gone all day. Last weekend my buddy and I started pedaling at 5:30 am on our road bikes, now that was early. I think you should join us for a three hour hammerfest......come 10 am you'll feel great!

  4. #4
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,596
    Quote Originally Posted by IFbadboy
    ha ha....one of the consequences to having three kids (for me) are early rides. I like to do long rides and this way I'm not gone all day. Last weekend my buddy and I started pedaling at 5:30 am on our road bikes, now that was early. I think you should join us for a three hour hammerfest......come 10 am you'll feel great!
    Jeezus. IC in 3 hours? My quads are cramping just thinking about it.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaredShtles
    Jeezus. IC in 3 hours? My quads are cramping just thinking about it.
    Come on, 3 hours is less than 10 mph and the fire road is 40% of the ride! 3 hours surely won't happen with the group I'll be with tomorrow....4 hours will even be pushing it unless the group completely splits at the start. Parking lot, 7 am, see you there.....

  6. #6
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,596
    Quote Originally Posted by IFbadboy
    Come on, 3 hours is less than 10 mph and the fire road is 40% of the ride! 3 hours surely won't happen with the group I'll be with tomorrow....4 hours will even be pushing it unless the group completely splits at the start. Parking lot, 7 am, see you there.....
    Not me... wife is in Jackson Hole for the w/e and I have soccer games pretty much ALL day tomorrow.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16
    Not at 7am. I have Martial Arts at 930 then I will be heading up to Waterton w/ my son and brother in law. I am planning 5hrs for IC... Might see you on your way down though.

  8. #8
    Stayin' Puft
    Reputation: canyonrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    My guess is you guys will be fine at IC...I am on the same schedule for same reasons. :-)

    I am actually planning a 7am departure up Waterton too, but plan to head to the S. Platte trailhead and back. It is usually a little drier than Indian Creek overall, as long as you can get over the Bear Creek crossing. If I catch your group in the parking lot maybe I can ride along on the section up to Lennys. Tan F-150 carrying a Godzilla Green Niner.

  9. #9
    Expert Crasher
    Reputation: GreenLightGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,354
    Gents - is the Indian Creek you mention - the same one Lidarman mentions in this thread: Trails around the Cuchara area? or the one listed on the trail reviews in Littleton??
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    Gents - is the Indian Creek you mention - the same one Lidarman mentions in this thread: Trails around the Cuchara area? or the one listed on the trail reviews in Littleton??
    No not the one in Lidarmans post. This Indian Creek can be accessed via Waterton canyon/Rox loop or from the South end off of Hwy 67 just past Rampart Range Rd. at the Indian Creek campground.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •