mtbr member

Indian Creek Ringtail Swallowtail Roxb Maps

I recently took my first ride through Waterton Canyon and up the Colorado Trail. A friend of mine lead the ride, and some of the trails we took were marked and others were not. We started up the Colorado trail, joined Indian Creek and then we started taking some spurs and other trails until we came to the Boundary of Roxborough Park (I was thoroughly lost and just enjoying the ride at this point). We finished the loop down at the Waterton Canyon Road. Our total ride was 30 miles, 3500 feet of climbing, and was a great overall ride.

I'd like to do the ride again, but wanted to eliminate some of the fire/logging road that is near Roxborough and try to replace it with good single track. I'd also like to have a general idea of where I'm going I noticed many unmarked trails in the area, but I wasn't able to find any maps. I've searched the forums and internet for maps of the trail systems, but it appears as though multiple govt. entities are involved and there isn't one "master" map.

Does anyone have any good maps that show all the trails and the connectors in and around Indian Creek, Swallowtail, Roxborough, etc.? Any other possibilities?

Thanks in advance!

FT$
    mtbr member

mtbr member
    I used this one last year but started off of Hwy 67 on the south end of the Indian Creek trail. Not the best but was better than nothing.

http://www.douglas.co.us/openspace/d.../Sharptail.pdf