Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026

    Indian Creek - lotsa pics

    This was my first trip around the Indian Creek loop, and I was not disappointed. Lots of climbing, but what a fun trail. I started this morning at the Waterton parking lot, and figured I'd do the IC loop counter-clockwise and finish with the Roxborough descent. Ended up with around 28miles and 3500 feet of climbing. Here are some pics from the ride - nothing special, but it might be useful to people who haven't been there before. I didn't take any pics til after Lenny's rest... Here you go:

    Couple from the Roxborough Loop




    Climbing on Indian Creek Loop


    There are several creek crossings - here is one







    Came around the corner and had arrived at the campground (equestrian section)


    Site #3 seemed like a nice place for a sandwich


    The trail continues, with some awesome views. Is that a golf course down there?


    I think I'd rather be right here, than down there playing golf...


    Got views?


    Back and forth... on top and then back in the trees


    Then Bam! The trail hits you with the spice weasel, and you're in a sweet meadow




    Remember... it's all over too quickly. Get out there and enjoy it while you can!



    Those are some happy and tired legs!



    Hope you all got out for some great rides this weekend! See you on the trail...

    John

  2. #2
    I can't ride 45!
    Reputation: jasonb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,143
    excellent

  3. #3
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,697
    Well done! That's a great ride...

  4. #4
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,764
    nice shots!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Great stuff. I gotta do that trail soon.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  6. #6
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,241
    Was going to do Indian Creek on Sunday but decided to turn right at Lenny's and took the CT to the overlook. It was dead empty back there; saw only two cyclists the entire time. When I returned to Lenny's, I turned right again and did the Rox loop and there was nobody back there either. Weird. When I got back to the dam, it looked like a state fair. It was just crawling with people and was pretty much that way all the way back to the lot. The last few miles was like riding in a pinball machine with all the barneys.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    944
    Indian Creek is one of my favorites.

    now you have to do the #$%tail variation.

  8. #8
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    DWF - Funny you should mention that... I saw only 3 riders the entire ride on Indian Creek, but when I got back down to Waterton it was a mess... I don't understand how 3 fat people can take up the width of the whole road. They can watch you riding right towards them and not move an inch. Totally oblivious... There were two families of people walking next to each other in a "Red Rover" fashion, practically holding hands and yelling to "send YETI on over"... Next time, I might oblige. lol

  9. #9
    jeny jo
    Reputation: jenamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    288

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    nice job, nice ride, nice pix!

    sorry we missed you ;-)

    i always just figure that riding through the crowds on the dirt road is the price we pay for getting back into the good, more solitary stuff after lennys -- either for the IC loop, or towards buff creek, or even rox. everyone sort of falls off right around lennys.... it's kind of nice that way.

    glad you had fun!

    jj

  10. #10
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Bummer I didn't run into ya, Jen. I agree with you - totally worth dodging people on Waterton for all the great riding above!

  11. #11
    3327333
    Reputation: edemtbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    DWF - Funny you should mention that... I saw only 3 riders the entire ride on Indian Creek, but when I got back down to Waterton it was a mess... I don't understand how 3 fat people can take up the width of the whole road. They can watch you riding right towards them and not move an inch. Totally oblivious... There were two families of people walking next to each other in a "Red Rover" fashion, practically holding hands and yelling to "send YETI on over"... Next time, I might oblige. lol
    That's because almost everyone on a bike must have been at Buff Creek yesterday if they were riding singletrack. I don't think I've ever seen it as crowded in the parking lot or on the close-in trails. But everyone was super nice for the most part and I went way back in there and got some nice solitude. I spotted no snow or mud the entire length of the CT west of 126. Some of the folks must have been pre-riders for the upcoming race, saw some team kits out there.

    What a RIPPING fun descent I had on Baldy, I love that trail

    I used to park up at the IC campground lot, it's a longer drive but Waterton drives me nuts.

    Ed

  12. #12
    nice marmot.
    Reputation: ictoacoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by edemtbs
    That's because almost everyone on a bike must have been at Buff Creek yesterday if they were riding singletrack. I don't think I've ever seen it as crowded in the parking lot or on the close-in trails. But everyone was super nice for the most part and I went way back in there and got some nice solitude. I spotted no snow or mud the entire length of the CT west of 126. Some of the folks must have been pre-riders for the upcoming race, saw some team kits out there.

    What a RIPPING fun descent I had on Baldy, I love that trail

    I used to park up at the IC campground lot, it's a longer drive but Waterton drives me nuts.

    Ed
    I was one of said crowds at Buff Creek. Like you said, many many people, but all very nice and willing to share the trail. Went down Gashouse and up Baldy for the 1st time just to see which i liked better. Down Baldy is muy bueno IMO. Weather was perfect!
    Last edited by ictoacoy; 05-12-2008 at 01:11 PM.

  13. #13
    That's what she said
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    200
    WOW thanks for the pics, I have not done that trail since it first opened way back when. I will have to make my way back there this year. Thanks for the reminder of what I have been missing.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    540

    J, why

    are you rding that ghey bike, totally out of code. WTF is a "spice weasel"? Looks like you had a nice cruise.

  15. #15
    Team Inflexible
    Reputation: Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,876

    Shaved legs turn me on

    Nice post

    how long of a loop is that?

  16. #16
    bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Reputation: SkaredShtles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    Nice post

    how long of a loop is that?
    Read the post, n00B!

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kosayno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Great to see the whole loop is rideable. Was there a couple weeks ago and did it counterclockwise, but had to turn back after the first climb past the parking lot at highway 67 because too much snow. Easily one the best trails and hardly see anybody else on the trail. I like to add the first 2-3 miles of Ringtail singletrack out-n-back if I'm still feeling real strong just to get the extra miles in.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    ... I don't understand how 3 fat people can take up the width of the whole road.....
    I told you I have a gland problem, asshat!

  19. #19
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    Just to answer a few questions and comments:

    mateo - I will ride that on the Sheep next. Had to check it out on the geared bike first. And my Yeti is not ghey...

    Jaydude - I'm glad I will not be turning you on. My legs are not shaved... look closely at the right leg and you can see the faint fur of manlegs.

    FrontRanger - If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, the dress isn't what makes you look fat... it's the FAT that makes you look fat.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FrontRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Just to answer a few questions and comments:

    mateo - I will ride that on the Sheep next. Had to check it out on the geared bike first. And my Yeti is not ghey...

    Jaydude - I'm glad I will not be turning you on. My legs are not shaved... look closely at the right leg and you can see the faint fur of manlegs.

    FrontRanger - If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, the dress isn't what makes you look fat... it's the FAT that makes you look fat.
    Why do you have to hurt?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    108
    I figured out what your Yeti is missing...a Softride stem...

    Why go tri-squishy when you can go quad-squishy?
    Citius. Altius. Fortius.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    108
    Awesome pics BTW. Hopefully it'll dry out up there by the weekend...looks like very enjoyable singletrack...
    Citius. Altius. Fortius.

  23. #23
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,026
    The seatpost is a gravity dropper turbo and has nothing to do with suspension (which is what I'm assuming linvinlite is talking about with the tri-squish comment). It lowers and raises the seat 4 inches with a remote lever on the handlebar. Very useful at times... just thought I'd throw that out there.

  24. #24
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,742
    Quote Originally Posted by kosayno
    Great to see the whole loop is rideable. Was there a couple weeks ago and did it counterclockwise, but had to turn back after the first climb past the parking lot at highway 67 because too much snow. Easily one the best trails and hardly see anybody else on the trail. I like to add the first 2-3 miles of Ringtail singletrack out-n-back if I'm still feeling real strong just to get the extra miles in.
    We usually drop ringtail all the way down and climb up to to tr 800, although signs say no bikes I've talked to rangers and they say well..... as long as you access it from IC you can ride through there?? Just have to climb on the fire road a bit. Little rough getting out of there on the single but what an awsome loop! Hardly ever see anybody out there.

    Good times!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gotdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,302

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    The seatpost is a gravity dropper turbo
    GD "turbo"?

    gravitydropper.com is likely the worst website in the industry; i'm quite certain this conversation must've occurred...

    wayne: "hey, my uncle's neighbor had a job for a couple of weeks back in 1994 designing websites between shifts at burger king, he'd probably do it for a six-pack of 3.2 beer"

    arlen: "sold"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •