Cynical Bystander

... and if we just ... I'm joining the AC gang.

Swapped the Shiver off of my V10 for the following things AND $240. The money will be put to good use towards a 02 Super T for my V10 which will lighten it up a lot and shouldn't change performance a whole lot. I'm excited.

And here's the super t I should be getting soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

locked - time out
    ACs are for girly men.

With that out of the way - how in the world did you swing that? I don't suppose that you'd still sell your Shiver for the price you listed last week would you? (before you send it out)

Congrats - looks like you will have that trailbike you've been yearning for...

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    ACs are for girly men.

With that out of the way - how in the world did you swing that? I don't suppose that you'd still sell your Shiver for the price you listed last week would you? (before you send it out)

Congrats - looks like you will have that trailbike you've been yearning for...
    It all started a few weeks ago when I was possibly thinking of selling the V-10. This guy wanted to swap the AC frame for it, but i told him no. Then he offered the frame and fork which was tempting but I told him no becuase I'd have no use for it and no way to have my V10 rideable at the same time. So I told him I'd take $400 for it. Then a few days ago he offered this current offer and I was instantly sold. The frame should be here on the 4th, and the money order should be here hopefully tomorrow.... Sorry its not available josh, he already sent the stuff out.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    tony what are you doing, you should be in the mtns riding!!!

is the super t a def???

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    tony what are you doing, you should be in the mtns riding!!!

is the super t a def???
    I couldnt get a ride up dude! I was pissed! lol. Wouldn't have been a lot anyways, Breck/Keystone got like 3inches, which would have been nice but not absolutely amazing.

I'm negotiating details with the dude now.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    It all started a few weeks ago when I was possibly thinking of selling the V-10. This guy wanted to swap the AC frame for it, but i told him no. Then he offered the frame and fork which was tempting but I told him no becuase I'd have no use for it and no way to have my V10 rideable at the same time. So I told him I'd take $400 for it. Then a few days ago he offered this current offer and I was instantly sold. The frame should be here on the 4th, and the money order should be here hopefully tomorrow.... Sorry its not available josh, he already sent the stuff out.
    I was just joking with you about buying the fork - I'd turn around and contact the guy about sending me all the stuff you are getting for it.

Card Carrying Member
    The AC gang lost a member yesterday so it's all good.

Stand back

good deal

Did you have him send you a pic of the seattube b4 you agreed to it?
    I've heard those frames only have one good 5' drop to flat in them b4 they pack it in.

Yeah, I woulda been one of the cool kids with an AC too, if I coulda sold those xc disc wheels a bit sooner. Oh well, off to get a nice close look at some Steelhead frames...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    The AC gang lost a member yesterday so it's all good.
    What happened buddy?

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    I've heard those frames only have one good 5' drop to flat in them b4 they pack it in.

Yeah, I woulda been one of the cool kids with an AC too, if I coulda sold those xc disc wheels a bit sooner. Oh well, off to get a nice close look at some Steelhead frames...
    Oh - Steelhead - I've been contemplating one of those too. Only problem is that I have a bunch of parts to build it with and I know that once I get it certain parts will be "not good enough" - and my inexpensive SS HT project will snowball into one of those "put it on the card" projects. Oh well - soon

DSR
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    FWIW, Breck got 7-8". Sorry man. The report was low. My dad and wife were on the slopes this AM and said it was nice at the top. I'm heading up tonight. Looks like I too missed the good snow though. S

Card Carrying Member
    What happened buddy?
    Just got a wild hair and sold it off. It's ok though, because I'm going to build some hawt wheels to spin around on and a big fork to ride while I save for something else. Wheels were moving to the top of the 'to buy' list anyway, as I am down to one working rear wheel. XT hubs are not my favorite. Nothing but the finest this time 'round.

Oh, and I'm going to pray that the chameleon holds up in the meantime.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by DSR
    FWIW, Breck got 7-8". Sorry man. The report was low. My dad and wife were on the slopes this AM and said it was nice at the top. I'm heading up tonight. Looks like I too missed the good snow though. S
    Thanks for telling me...that just ruined my day. lol. Maybe on Saturday they'll have some nice snow...

BTW Josh, my friend in Fort Collins is selling his steelhead soon and I think he's doing it pretty cheaply so if you're interested I'll let him know.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

locked - time out
    Thanks for telling me...that just ruined my day. lol. Maybe on Saturday they'll have some nice snow...

BTW Josh, my friend in Fort Collins is selling his steelhead soon and I think he's doing it pretty cheaply so if you're interested I'll let him know.
    Yes - I am very interested.

locked - time out
    Thanks for the info Tony.

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by kitchenware
    Just got a wild hair and sold it off. It's ok though, because I'm going to build some hawt wheels to spin around on and a big fork to ride while I save for something else. Wheels were moving to the top of the 'to buy' list anyway, as I am down to one working rear wheel. XT hubs are not my favorite. Nothing but the finest this time 'round.

Oh, and I'm going to pray that the chameleon holds up in the meantime.
    how much did you get for the frame? good luck on finding the new ride

Now Uploading
    Then my frame should have cracked into a million pieces by now.

Dave
    [SIZE=2]Just Passing Through: eatin' dirt & crappin' dust[/SIZE]

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Thanks for the info Tony.
    I'll find out more info as soon as he comes back from his trip, or whenever spencer (Wheelieman) comes online.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Card Carrying Member
    how much did you get for the frame? good luck on finding the new ride
    I only made a little $ and passed on the good deal. Didn't feel good about charging fair market when I got it for such a steal.

Cynical Bystander
    Anybody have $400 I can borrow to get a 888?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Stand back
    Anybody have $400 I can borrow to get a 888?
    What kinda 888?
    I thought $400 was a good deal on a slider, that's a kick@$$ deal on an 888...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Cynical Bystander
    What kinda 888?
    I thought $400 was a good deal on a slider, that's a kick@$$ deal on an 888...
    It's not $400, thats just hwo much I'm short on it. They've got 2004 888Rs for $700 brand new at cambria and I reallly really want one.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.