I can't ride 45!

I'm healed, now what the heck should I do?

So my five months of sitting in the corner for medical time-out is up. I am officially cleared to go break my body again. Unfortunately it looks like they are calling for rain/snow mix this weekend even in Moab. Taking suggestion as to how I should go about undoing all my good behavior and medical progress of the past months

Check out my new bio-mechanical implement -- the blue fade is custom baby.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Congrats on the doctors "okay" to go nuts! Not sure what you should ride, but I have a bigger and heavier brace for you to wear. That looks like a weight weenie brace... racer boy. lol

skillz to pay billz
    hall ranch ought to take of that

crashes in parkinglot
    Congrats man! I hope to ride with you this season.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Braces are for teeth! (or at least that's my ortho's opinion). I never used one post op and (knock on wood) haven't had any issues.

I'm glad to see you're back in the saddle--you'll have to come down for some park action, or maybe even Pueblo sometime. I'm not sure if you want to try skiing yet (I waited ~9 months) but skiing was the BEST post op healing thing I did. It broke up a lot of the left over scar tissue and helped get me back that last bit of flexion I was misssing.

I can't ride 45!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I will be on the snowboard this Thursday (I even snuck out for a few runs about a month and a half ago but don't tell my doc). Looking forward to riding the mtb again. What is the south (CS, Pueblo) looking like for this weekend?

A Guy Who is Going Places
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb
    So my five months of sitting in the corner for medical time-out is up. I am officially cleared to go break my body again. Unfortunately it looks like they are calling for rain/snow mix this weekend even in Moab. Taking suggestion as to how I should go about undoing all my good behavior and medical progress of the past months

Check out my new bio-mechanical implement -- the blue fade is custom baby.
    Clearly we should discuss AZSF over a beer sometime. And Pueblo on Sunday might be in the works.

Welcome back!
    http://www.anthonysloan.com

Isaiah 15:5

There are many good bike companies out there, and I work for one of them.

I can't ride 45!
    Pueblo sounds good as does Hall if either are dry enough to justify the drive -- nOOb do you have Hall recon? I have AZSF on the calendar and am working to make it happen.

Perpetually single track
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Braces are for teeth!
    Ditto...my ortho dude was anti brace as well... knock on wood...no issues for the last 8 years.
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

I can't ride 45!
    Mine didn't think it was a necessity, but I wanted it for snow sports during this first year back. It is also is adjustable to give the lateral side of the joint spacing where I am missing some cartilage and may help delay further trouble. If not anything else it sure looks serious.

Perpetually single track
    Mine didn't think it was a necessity, but I wanted it for snow sports during this first year back. It is also is adjustable to give the lateral side of the joint spacing where I am missing some cartilage and may help delay further trouble. If not anything else it sure looks serious.
    Yeah...very serious.

lack of meniscus is a whole another issue(no clue what a brace would do for you).....my comment relates only to a new ACL....

AZSF.....hmmmm.

skillz to pay billz
    hall is good to the bench at least

single track ****
    Glad to hear you're all healed up Jason! I wish I could get away for the AZSF. I think you need some of that Sedona healing. In the meantime, you can come up north, and we can conquer some single track and burritos.

mtbr member

sat or sun?

Pueblo sounds good as does Hall if either are dry enough to justify the drive
    keep me informed.

gracias.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

...drat...
    Unloader brace? Looks like a new and improved version of mine. It got me through a ski season pretty well:
    ubrace.jpg

It's gotta feel like coming out into the fresh air for you. Congrats.

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBalky
    Unloader brace? Looks like a new and improved version of mine. It got me through a ski season pretty well:
    ubrace.jpg

It's gotta feel like coming out into the fresh air for you. Congrats.
    Yup, the brace is adjustable to place pressure on the inside of the knee (medial) to unload the lateral side. I am pretty excited about getting out but the time actually went quickly. I just have my fingers crossed for a successful season.

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by front range migz
    Glad to hear you're all healed up Jason! I wish I could get away for the AZSF. I think you need some of that Sedona healing. In the meantime, you can come up north, and we can conquer some single track and burritos.
    Sounds good. You still pretty snowed in up there?

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    keep me informed.

gracias.

Sounds like Pueblo momentum is building for Sunday.

Your retarded
    Is there any room on the Pueblo trails for one of us slower types with all you spinner, "I want to go fasterest up the hills" types? I feel like spending some quality time with Hooters... the trail that is.

Not get unhealed would be a good start.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

single track ****

no

Sounds good. You still pretty snowed in up there?

Those warm winds dried us up a bit. Backbone was dry this morning, and I suspect Bobcat is almost dry(I'll verify friday).

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Is there any room on the Pueblo trails for one of us slower types with all you spinner, "I want to go fasterest up the hills" types? I feel like spending some quality time with Hooters... the trail that is.

Not get unhealed would be a good start.
    I don't discriminate against the downhills. I like to go fast on them too. Check your email - yo!

Your retarded
    I don't discriminate against the downhills. I like to go fast on them too. Check your email - yo!
    I did - yo! And I saw that someone had spammed me - yo! So, back at ya - yo!
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

mtbr member
    Sounds like Pueblo momentum is building for Sunday.
    check.
    there's a ladder down there to which i need to give the finger...
    but then again, if nickle is going, his relentless taunting re: my lovely white bicycle might be enough to keep me home [SIZE="1"]crying in the corner of the basement[/SIZE].

...though maybe 'zilla will show up and kick his skinny arse for those mean spirited words in the other thread.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Your retarded
    Dude, I'll give you a dollar if you actually a little get dirt on the chainstay yoke... or lower link for your VPP cats.

I can't ride 45!
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdirt
    check.
    there's a ladder down there to which i need to give the finger...
    but then again, if nickle is going, his relentless taunting re: my lovely white bicycle might be enough to keep me home [SIZE="1"]crying in the corner of the basement[/SIZE].

...though maybe 'zilla will show up and kick his skinny arse for those mean spirited words in the other thread.
    I am working on orchestrating a showdown.