mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I went to Renegade Brewing Company Saturday

Someone here mentioned it on one of my other brewpub threads. It was about a 1/2 hour after opening (2pm) and it was already semi-crowded. One thing I try to notice immediately I get in the door is how inviting a place is and this place had it.

I also go chat up one of the waitresses as I enter. Me with a camera around my neck and carrying a tripod. First thing the redhead did was give me a 4oz sampler of Ryeteous Rye. Good stuff with a nice Rye bite to it.

Next, another waitress gave me a tour of the brewery in back. They're real small and bring in a mobile canner to can up some of their brew. I think she said they also bring in a mobile bottler for their bombers but by that time the Righteous Rye had done its work and the brain was a bit laid back to take notes.

There was a tall dude with a semi-circle of samples at the bar. He sounded all the world like he was from Ireland. Turns out he was from Sweden and is one of the top raters at Ratebeer and was here, of course, for the GABF. Guy could drink! And copious notes of each style. Be interesting to see what he writes in his reviews.

Dirt Junkie said I needed more people pics so that's what I'm doing now. Very friendly crowd. All of us should be so lucky to have a small place like this in our own neighborhoods!

It's near the corner of 9th and Kalamath, on 9th. On the way back I stopped in at Hogshead for their "Grand Opening". But that's another thread (had a great time there, too).

edit: mtbr is back to its old tricks of posting the pics completely out of order and randomly downsizing some so the quality is not there. Oh well.
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-02-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Get yourself a Flickr account and you can post in any size and order that you wish.

Agreed. Renegade is good stuff. Their 9% APV Stout goes down smooth.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoatepics View Post
    Get yourself a Flickr account and you can post in any size and order that you wish.

Agreed. Renegade is good stuff. Their 9% APV Stout goes down smooth.
    I have a Photobucket acount that I post pics out of, like you do with your Flickr account, when I have a story to tell pic to pic, like you do (BTW, great great pics on your latest thread).

MTBR messed up my pics like they did this time awhile back (for many months) but then straightened itself out again. If it stayed "post up pics in random order and downsize a 350kb pic to 67kb just because" I'd for sure go back to using Photobucket.
    I tried uploading my pics twice this time and got the same result.

I now know I can handle a 4oz sampler and drive an hour later with zero effects. I had one to choose and it was the 7% Ryeteous Rye. Next time I'll ask them for a 20z sampler of the 9% Stout!

Now I'm trying to figure out which one I would sample when I go back to Great Divide again. Up on their board they had ALL their heavy hitters.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

Awesomist™
    Cool exposé for sure, thanks for the pics. Love these things. Renegade has some fine, fine brews for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Now I'm trying to figure out which one I would sample when I go back to Great Divide again. Up on their board they had ALL their heavy hitters.
    I think they only have "heavy hitters"...
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    FWIW, that Swedish guy I met has his reviews of Renegade and a bunch of other Denver area brewpubs' selections up on RateBeer already.

Welcome to RateBeer.com gnoff

Don't know if you have to be a member of Ratebeer to view this linky but you should join anyway!

MK_
    carpe mañana
    I picked up a 4 pack of tall boys of the Ryeteous and was disappointed; this is not to say that it doesn't pour great at the pub but what came through in a can tasted too sweet and the flavors were muddled.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    stopped by there recently and tried the ryeteous, elevation, and black and gold...i was most impressed with the atmosphere and then by the ryeteous. The elevation was too much for me (11.2%)....and the black and gold seemed flat.