Dude...

I think I'm starting to get this front range thing down...

Ok, I've been here for about two and a half weeks now, and so far I think I've gotten it figured out. I've been on a bunch of rides, and have covered most of the bases so far.

1. Rollers at Palmer Park
    2. Endoing at Palmer Park
    3. Been run off the trail by someone descending somewhere else
    4. Said person was riding a 575
    5. I ride a 575
    6. Ridden a 10 mile downhill I could of shuttled
    7. Haven't disclosed the location of said downhill
    8. Gotten rained on several times by afternoon thundershowers
    9. Gotten my high altitude tan back..

So far so good...

rr
    I don't do PC
    Nice Jesse, come on out sometime, looks like a shuttle happening Sat as well, so did you get a job at RS?

Your bike is incorrigible
    So do you miss CT yet? Hot, humid, always muddy, overgrown, slimy rocks covered with slippery leaves.

The one thing I do miss is the fact that the ground is a lot softer in CT compared to CO.

Dude...
    No job at RS, the position disappeared.. apparently we aren't buying enough forks these days...

One thing I do miss about CT is the damn near perfect traction.. At least when it isn't a slimy rock or root that is.. This dry loose stuff took a little while to get used to again.. Only flew off the trail a couple of times on the first ride. I have noticed that CT has really helped my bike handling out.. But not the lungs...

rroeder,
    I'll be gone this weekend, going to be exploring the area with the GF, but being unemployed and all I'll be up for weekday rides whenever. Especially at Palmer, since I live right next to it. My only internet is at the library though, so If you guys plan anything a day in advance, I'm there.

Living the High Life
    You got the non-yielding and 575 thing right, along with not mentioning shuttle spots. But you missed the dog / horse poop thing. And have you asked yourself at least 10 times these questions:

What tires should I be riding today?

What travel should my bike really have?

When should I ride Apex?

You're doing good though, welcome to the front range

I moved here just over a year ago, and what took me a while was getting used to riding at 8000+ feet compared to sea level
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Dude...
    Oops, I do have a set of small block eights I've been thinking about...

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Well I guess it's been an equitable trade then, eh?

I had a fresh canoli before my ride yesterday, and today my ride munchie break included a most excellent meat empanada from a Brazilian bakery down the street.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    How about climbing for about 2 hrs only to turn around to enjoy a 10 minute downhill

Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    How about climbing for about 2 hrs only to turn around to enjoy a 10 minute downhill
    meh. the stuff i've ridden so far has been up and down. no worries. much of it totally makes up in tech what it lacks in vert.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    meh. the stuff i've ridden so far has been up and down. no worries. much of it totally makes up in tech what it lacks in vert.
    Didn't you move out East?

I was just back in Michigan a couple weeks ago and forgot how amazing riding on singletrack that snakes through the woods and trees is.

Weird how I miss being back in Michigan just for the trail riding

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by weimie
    Didn't you move out East?

I was just back in Michigan a couple weeks ago and forgot how amazing riding on singletrack that snakes through the woods and trees is.

Weird how I miss being back in Michigan just for the trail riding
    Not that weird. I miss Michigan riding sometimes too. Michigan riding is better than people give credit for.

Want to vent?
    Nice pics......I second the missing of other rides......I actually miss the sustained speed of trails in the southeast....but now it just a different kind of ride ......with lots more climbing....
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

Dude...

I miss a good creepy rhododendron forest... Looks like the blurry self timer shots are working out well Scrub...

You should consider getting a short espresso at said canoli location... They'll actually know what you mean when you ask for it there....

Quote Originally Posted by Jessep

I miss a good creepy rhododendron forest... Looks like the blurry self timer shots are working out well Scrub...

You should consider getting a short espresso at said canoli location... They'll actually know what you mean when you ask for it there....
    The photos stuff is slow to come. Not taking nearly as many pics, mainly because I just don't want to stop to screw with the camera. Much practice needed, obviously.

No canoli today; I'm gonna' get real big, real fast if I keep that stuff up.