Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE

i have to express my anger

those south suburban (EDIT) tore down my awesome ladder trail that me and some of my friends helped to build. we were almost done with the landing then they [B](EDIT) tore it down just when we were going to have it finished and rideable the next day.
    (EDIT) i want to bash somebody's face in and kill things.
    IT WAS SO SICK

i hope that these changes make everybody a little bit happier.

the ladder
    my feelings
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ironhorsebike1; 02-02-2005 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    wow i have not been on this site much lately but let me be the first to say you are a complete tool.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    wow i have not been on this site much lately but let me be the first to say you are a complete tool.
    Owned.

Mark how's the land going?
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    the land is sweet. i have a line figured out but snow is stopping me right now. its a 20+ foot hip/drop gap onto mine tailing into long berm into a 10+ jump large rhythm set into a 15 foot drop. that would be the middle section of a full trail when finished. im looking for building help in a few weeks.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by dream4est
    the land is sweet. i have a line figured out but snow is stopping me right now. its a 20+ foot hip/drop gap onto mine tailing into long berm into a 10+ jump large rhythm set into a 15 foot drop. that would be the middle section of a full trail when finished. im looking for building help in a few weeks.
    Sounds sweet! Do you have any pics from before it was snow covered? Also have you gotten much else built there yet? I'll definitely help out when I can. Post a thread here or give me a ring or something.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    i have just finished scouting the property and deciding on lines and shuttle roads, etc. i was ready to build saturday but snow came. i may be up there this weekend. but in two or three weeks conditions should be fine again.

Perpetually single track
    So you were building that on public land huh? What exactly did you expect to happen? Lucky you didn't get arrested..

locked - time out
    Yeah - I wondered how long it would last when I heard that you were building at the Flumes - they don't take too kindly to that sort of thing in such a high traffic area, or even low traffic areas for that matter.

screw road bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Yeah - I wondered how long it would last when I heard that you were building at the Flumes - they don't take too kindly to that sort of thing in such a high traffic area, or even low traffic areas for that matter.

true that. esp. since you could see it from any part of the trail within 400 yards of it.

Speaking of which, they also demolished 2 of the cooler jumps down there out of spite I'm assuming...Darn you corbin.

and way to bring attention to your typical stupidity, I commend you. Now if by chance someone affiliated with foothills park/rec sees this, being as that it is a PUBLIC internet forum, you will be screwed, and I will laugh.

ALSO, experss is not how you spell express....lets see what else can i give you crap for?

also, Dreamforest man whatever- I'd be interested in helping you construct whatever this is that you speak of....where is it?
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    I'll just EXPRESS what is already said. I'm not getting the impression you're a bright and shining star of clear thought. No offense; some people just can't help it.

So you built on some public land? Around Denver? Without permission/consent? And thought it'd be just fine? Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Actually, that'd be the same as building on someones privat land, if you didn't have permission.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Hairshirt Rider
    It was probably some local mafia. Dismantled your stunt just so they could rebuild it somewhere else.

They will probably be discreet though, and refrain from posting pictures and conversing about their build on the Internet.

Perpetually single track
    Damn it Paul...there you go planting intelligent ideas in an idiot....only bad can come of it.

Perpetually single track
    Damn Scrub....that's just mean....but funny as all hell....

sure it was on public land but they had designated it as a biking area and i was mainly mad about the fact that it was gone not the fact that they tore it down. oh, and by the way, they didn't just tear it down, they hauled off 100% of the wood and 'dozed some jumps too.

and what about this makes me a complete tool?

and i never said that i thought that they were going to be ok with it

F*CK you alex, f*ck all of you. all you seem to do is bash me about this. and i'm the complete tool?

oh, and alex(theforsakencheezit) was one of the people who helped me build it. he also took that pic.

and i'm smater than you alex but i'm not a d*ck about it.
    Last edited by ironhorsebike1; 02-01-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorsebike1
    sure it was on public land but they had designated it as a biking area and i was mainly mad about the fact that it was gone not the fact that they tore it down. oh, and by the way, they didn't just tear it down, they hauled off 100% of the wood and 'dozed some jumps too.

F*CK you alex, f*ck all of you. all you seem to do is bash me about this. and i'm the complete tool?

oh, and alex(theforsakencheezit) was one of the people who helped me build it.
    I'm sure it was mostly just a liability for the city Corbin.

Just come down here and ride.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I'm sure it was mostly just a liability for the city Corbin.

Just come down here and ride.
    i understand that. i'm just mad about putting all that time into it and not getting to do it.

i might have to. maybe this weekend? i don't have a front brake though so nothing i would need that for would be cool.

screw road bikes

oh, and alex(theforsakencheezit) was one of the people who helped me build it. he also took that pic.

This is really quite irrelevant, but wade took the pic, and I contributed nothing to that build, and you well know it.

and remind me as to what "smater" means?
    Full Tilt Cyclery
    GT Bicycles
    Oakley
    Sram and Co.
    Fox
    Go Fast
    MAXXIS

I

locked - time out

Well, since you put it that way... I think that what has people upset here is the fact that this sort of action clearly pisses off the powers that be, as evidenced by the fact that they went and tore down a part of the dirt jumps that has been in existence for years now. The fact that you were aware of potential repercussions doesn't do any to help your cause and, in fact, makes it appear that you do not care about the effect of your actions on the larger mountainbiking community. While I understand that you'd be upset to see something that you have put time and energy into torn down, I think that it is short sited, at best, to make a spectacle of the situation on a public forum, and, after hearing the not-so-tactful opinions of your peers expressed, to lash out at them with a simplistic "f*** you all". I, for one, have been riding the local trails here since you were 1 - literally, and I shudder at the idea that I would be represented to those same people who ripped down your stunt as some Gen - X, Mt Dew swilling Bender wanna-be.

If you want to jump off of some stuff, great - ask around and I'm sure that you will find plenty of stuff to challenge you - but don't get pissed off if other local riders give you sh1t for doing something that you knew was a bad idea in the first place, particularly when your actions jeopardize our riding areas.

I like riding stunt and drops too - but there are better ways to go about it.
    Last edited by s1ngletrack; 02-01-2005 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ngletrack
    Well, since you put it that way... I think that what has people upset here is the fact that this sort of action clearly pisses off the powers that be, as evidenced by the fact that they went and tore down a part of the dirt jumps that has been in existence for years now. The fact that you were aware of potential repercussions doesn't do any to help your cause and, in fact, makes it appear that you do not care about the effect of your actions on the larger mountianbiking community. While I understand that you'd be upset to see something that you have put time and energy into torn down, I think that it is short sited, at best, to make a public spectacle of the situation on a public forum, and, after hearing the not-so-tactful opinions of your peers expressed, to lash out at them with a simplistic "f*** you all". I, for one, have been riding the local trails here since you were 1 - literally, and I shudder at the idea that I would be represented to those same people who ripped down your stunt as some Gen - X, Mt Dew swilling Bender wanna-be.

If you want to jump off of some stuff, great - ask around and I'm sure that you will find plenty of stuff to challenge you - but don't get pissed off if other local riders give you sh1t for doing something that you knew was a bad idea in the first place, particularly when your actions jeopardize our riding areas.
    first, i'm mainly mad at alex because he was puposely being an ass to me and i realize the fact that there were consequences and the fact that it probably wasn't going to be there a long time. in no way, shape, or form would i have porpously put at risk the dirt jumps that i lovingly ride, if i had known that they were going to knock them down.

and i used the certain language that i did because these people who were accusing me of being a tool were being complete hypocrites. i was angry about the destruction of the flumes as much as every body else and i had to vent. at least that when i did vent my anger towards somebody, it wasn't directly to a person like the aim of some of certain in individuals on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit
    This is really quite irrelevant, but wade took the pic, and I contributed nothing to that build, and you well know it.

i'm not a back-stabber and i don't have to lift myself up by putting others down. i'm not going to stoop to your level any more.

[QUOTE=scrublover]I'll just EXPRESS what is already said. I'm not getting the impression you're a bright and shining star of clear thought. No offense; some people just can't help it.

actually i do pretty well with thinking. i'm a regular problem solver. i'm in 3 advanced placement classes (math, science, and spanish (which is a college class)) at high school earning a 3.4 GPA. but thanks for noticing.

and i never once even hinted at the fact that i thought the ladder would be o.k.

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by theforsakencheezit

Alex a week ago when you guys were building it, online you told me that "me and corbin built this 13ft drop up at the flumes....."
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Alex a week ago when you guys were building it, online you told me that "me and corbin built this 13ft drop up at the flumes....."
    thanks tony.

and alex you even said that you were going to tear down that tree too.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    i was angry about the destruction of the flumes as much as every body else and i had to vent.
    Dude, I don't hate you, you're 17 and while you should know better, the enthusiasm of youth can compromise good decision making. Trust me, I know something about making bad decisions when I was young (and old?). Bottom line is you screwed up building that stunt in the first place and you screwed up a little more by posting about it here and not accepting responsiblity for your own actions and then you compounded that by blaming others for reacting to a problem YOU created.

That's OK, we all fock up, I'm a veritable pro myself.

The deal is that you built an over-the-top illegal stunt. That stunt caught the attention of the authorities who responded like they're obligated to respond and while they were there, they cleaned up everything else that, while probably not authorized, was quietly grandfathering itself into the landscape, thereby screwing it up for other users in addition to giving a black eye to the MTB community. For that, instead of lashing out at others, you should man up and apologize for the harm you caused. I'd have complete respect for that that.

On the bright side, you can consider this a learning experience and no matter what else happens, for the rest of your life you've got that "should I build illegal stunts on public lands" decision making problem covered.

mtbr member

BIKE article

I don't know if any of you read it, but a few months ago BIKE did an article about this. There was a group of kids that were busted by federal agents (guns drawn) while they were building illegal stunts on public land. I don't recall their location though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast