Medicine Wheel Guy

I Gotta Get Out More...

So I'm thinking of riding Lair o the Bear tomorrow (Saturday). Problem is, I'm from the Springs and don't know the best loop or even where the trailhead is. Can anyone send me to a map or trail route description, or even better, a GPS track I can load into my Garmin?

Of course, I'm assuming that it's not snowed in.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

... and if we just ...

...I ride Lair O' The Bear daily since it is my backyard trial. I am heading to the Springs this weekend for the Sioux hockey game and am bringing my bike down...hopefully get somthing quick in before 11:00 tomorrow morning. Anyways, I would not drive from the Springs for Lair O' The Bear...not that great of a trail. I would say if you are going to go that far you may want to consider driving another 3 miles and hitting 3 Sisters or an Elk Meadows (about 3 more miles from downtown Evergreen)....or Centennial Cone (they alternate biker/hiker days so you may want to check before you drive out there).

My .02

Let's Go SIOUX!!!

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Thank Rodney. Unfortunately, I'm meeting some folks who chose the ride. After looking at it, maybe I'll head up the road to 3 sisters when we're done. :-)

Heathen
    Maps, location, etc...

Do the ride from Lair to Pence and back. Best bet though is to head up the road to Alderfer/3 Sis instead.

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/opensp...ce_T56_R11.htm

flatlander in paradise
    Did you make it up to Alderfer/3sisters after Lair on Saturday? The riding in Evergreen was good this weekend.

Medicine Wheel Guy
    Nope, didn't make it that far since the group was done after L'oB. Did get a map and it looks nice, though.

I will say that the trail at L'oB was fun, but sheesh, too many people on the trail! Mostly MTBers and all polite, but wow. I guess we have it good here in C Springs.

Next time I'm up that way I'll give Alderfer a try.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

... and if we just ...

Yea that place (Lair O' The Bear) is a friggn madhouse on the weekends. I am glad you enjoyed it. I am heading over there in a few minutes for a couple of laps. Usually during the week it is just me, some of those little black bastard squirrels, some deer and an occasional mtb'r. I rode High Road and part of Captain Jacks on Saturday afternoon. I like that stuff..the terrain seems so different with pebbley surface. I need to explore that area more.

Members who have read this thread: 0