Oh, So Interesting!

I got lost in the woods

...not really, its just the last couple miles had no trail. After climbing out of the valley, the trail petered out. Going by a map that covered a large area with little detail, I decided to bushwhack the last 1/2 mile. 2 miles later, I found the road I was looking for. Fun stuff.

Anyway, some pics of fugly Colorado

1.start

2,3 on the way down

4-7 drainage

8 starting back up

9,10 top, but trail ends just after this...

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

will hike for trail
    Apr 2006

I hear that!

Got lost same place last summer and am still unclear about the route. Should do that one again before the season ends in reverse. A rare river with no road on the front range.

Stiff yet compliant
    By the title I thought this might be about the last day of the bridge project.
    I was told a sordid tale.

With that trail it is better to start from the other direction. You won't get lost and don't have to climb up that steep loose mountainside.
    I used Google Earth to find the connection to the road and wrote down the coordinates, then tracked it down with a GPS.

Ride, Rinse, Repeat
    Left-ish going up that way. More obvious once you find it. My first attempt ended in the same bushwhacking exit. Still fun....

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    With that trail it is better to start from the other direction. You won't get lost and don't have to climb up that steep loose mountainside.
    Yep, I did the same route early this last summer and the hike up that steep, loose hillside was brutal. But now that I've done it in the clockwise manner, I know where to find that connector to ride it in the much more fun counter clockwise manner.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    I was told a sordid tale.
    I bet... but I have to give Dorje credit for acquiring the trail, from there i followed the tracks... which wasn't always obvious.

For this trail, you want to bear left when you hit the dilapidated log structure on the way up. This means NOT following the well worn trail that looks like the one you should take.

I'd post the trail name, but honestly there is more than one issue with this ride... all the uphills are hike-a bike, sometimes carry-your-bike cause its too steep to push. Going down the other direction is treacherous and not recommended for the average rider.... if you can't ride it, its not going to be much fun to walk your bike down either because its so loose.... and finding the trail on the other end isn't easy. This trail really needs a re-route.

Strava: turn off your dork logger when you're not on sanctioned trails.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113
    I'd post the trail name, but honestly there is more than one issue with this ride... all the uphills are hike-a bike, sometimes carry-your-bike cause its too steep to push. Going down the other direction is treacherous and not recommended for the average rider.... if you can't ride it, its not going to be much fun to walk your bike down either because its so loose.... and finding the trail on the other end isn't easy. This trail really needs a re-route.
    True, definitely not your typical open space trail and not for everyone....but thats why I love it!

Members who have read this thread: 0