Thread: I ♥ Cone

Yappy little dog!

I ♥ Cone

It was a little chilly, though the southern exposures were refreshing. Some of the best conditions I have had the pleasure to ride this year at Centennial Cone. I think I saw eight people (all on bikes) the entire day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I ♥ Cone-p1070395.jpg  

I ♥ Cone-p1070396.jpg  

I ♥ Cone-p1070397.jpg  

banned

Last edited by KarateChicken; 11-26-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Your bike is incorrigible
    For the last several posts, you've been using the Spot. What happened to that custom Yeti 575 knock off? I thought that was the cool bike.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    For the last several posts, you've been using the Spot. What happened to that custom Yeti 575 knock off? I thought that was the cool bike.
    The Eriksen is hanging in the garage. Just enjoying the 29er hardtail and fewer gears lately, hence the previous discussion about a new belt drive SS. Just feels good right now. We'll see after the Winter when the fat and sore back return .

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    The Eriksen is hanging in the garage. Just enjoying the 29er hardtail and fewer gears lately, hence the previous discussion about a new belt drive SS. Just feels good right now. We'll see after the Winter when the fat and sore back return .
    I want to know if they've designed a Rohloff belt drive yet. I would consider going "SS" then.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Beautiful shots!

What does a "Volunteer" do?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It was cold but still a great time, First time in a while that i rode it without stopping at all. I knew i was going to freeze if i took a break anywhere. I had to explain to numerous hikers that were on trail that they were not allowed to be hiking. I was shocked when they thanked me and turned around and headed back to the trailhead.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Rohloff belt drive is available. It is an awesome setup. Call the guys at SPOT and ask them about it. I think they are the one's who are doing it.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJosiah View Post
    Beautiful shots!

What does a "Volunteer" do?
    Just there to be an extended arm of the Rangers since they can't be everywhere at once. We give gentle reminders about the park regs (occasionally call in belligerent scofflaws), directions, reduce conflicts that arise among user groups, help with mechanicals. All of us are first aid trained and some are WIFR. We participate in special events where the parks may be overcrowded (July 4th, US Pro Cycling, etc.). As a mountain bike patroller, my personal goal is to help our user group acquire or gain access to more land, by showing the land owner that we can cooperate and co-exist with other land users.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post
    It was cold but still a great time, First time in a while that i rode it without stopping at all. I knew i was going to freeze if i took a break anywhere. I had to explain to numerous hikers that were on trail that they were not allowed to be hiking. I was shocked when they thanked me and turned around and headed back to the trailhead.
    That was the group of older ladies by the West lot? I'm guessing I passed you at some point.

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by chpfly View Post
    Rohloff belt drive is available. It is an awesome setup. Call the guys at SPOT and ask them about it. I think they are the one's who are doing it.
    Yes it is. But after putting a five pound weight on the back of my SS to get a feel for it, I have decided that it would be more effective and a hell of a lot lighter with sliding dropouts.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Ah that's very cool of you schnauzers! Even more so for having the WIFR cert, need more people like you out there. Kudos!

mtbr member
    Rode it on turkey day. Conditions were awesome and only ran into maybe a half dozen peeps. Was a great final ride of the calendar year at the cone.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    It was some people hiking up from mayhem gulch, a few others were ready to start hiking and i explained the hike or bike rules. I saw you at the parking lot but never on the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    That was the group of older ladies by the West lot? I'm guessing I passed you at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by chpfly View Post
    Ah ha! It was in development the last time I checked a year and a half ago. That seemed like one invention that really needed to get into development. Well, I suppose I need to start saving for one more thing...

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! good on you

mtbr member
    Sweetness, I have not been there in a year or so. Maybe it's time!

mtbr member
    You must have ridden it over the weekend? Cause obviously hikers and bikers are allowed on weekdays.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    You must have ridden it over the weekend? Cause obviously hikers and bikers are allowed on weekdays.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by funrover View Post
    sweetness, i have not been there in a year or so. Maybe it's time!
    Possibly over a year?!
    I ♥ Cone-cone-023.jpg

that was a stellar evening!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Thanks for stating the obvious.
    Thanks for being an ass...numnutz.